Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see any similarity between the new sculpt and Scar:

6bir.jpg

Other than the obvious (they're both Predators). And it has nothing to do with lighting or how the heads aren't in the exact same position.

Doesn't resemble Celtic or even the latest P2 City Hunter sculpts either. This newest version is actually one of the best Predator sculpts I've ever seen from HT. Wonder if another artist at HT stepped in and did it!? That would be funny if Tsang got the boot from ever working on Preds again. :lol

Good comparison shot, looks nothing like scar. Tsang did the head and body sculpt and the paint tho and is getting better all the time, so I don't know why u would want to get rid of him now. I really like the non removable mandibles on this one, maybe they should give us two heads from now on instead of removable mandibles.

I don't see any similarity between the new sculpt and Scar:

6bir.jpg

Other than the obvious (they're both Predators). And it has nothing to do with lighting or how the heads aren't in the exact same position.

Doesn't resemble Celtic or even the latest P2 City Hunter sculpts either. This newest version is actually one of the best Predator sculpts I've ever seen from HT. Wonder if another artist at HT stepped in and did it!? That would be funny if Tsang got the boot from ever working on Preds again. :lol
Well said.

Good comparison shot, looks nothing like scar. Tsang did the head and body sculpt and the paint tho and is getting better all the time, so I don't know why u would want to get rid of him now. I really like the non removable mandibles on this one, maybe they should give us two heads from now on instead of removable mandibles.

I dont think they would , only because he never roared. Sadly i think thats weak but i would guess thats why

Am I the only one who is wondering why the other predators don't have quills also? :dunno

Adding the mask on most other predators might cause damage over time. Bending quills out of shape, rubbing off paint maybe? :dunno Most of the other Preds had them in the movies.

Could also say the just didn’t feel they had to. The quills on this one would be missed more than the others.

Wolf and P1 would definitely benefit from two separate head sculpts. Price would probably go up a bit but would be worth it.

Hopefully not to much , the celtic is 259 with an extra bio

I imagine two separate sculpts would cost some $$$. One head sculpt with bio mask and one with quills and mandible options will cost more. The price on Celtic is also bumped up by the base.

Looking at those recent comparison shots with Scar show how far the little details go. Scar had quills in the movie which I hadn’t really noticed or cared to notice until this popped up.

Comparison of the updated proto/original proto (for visual reference):

o3m7.jpg

This is when all of you guys are going to complain about how the head sculpt (forehead wise) was smaller on the first one. Ummm, hello? Can you guys not see that the new head sculpt is smaller and a lot more accurAte when it comes to the forehead area? :slap

I imagine two separate sculpts would cost some $$$. One head sculpt with bio mask and one with quills and mandible options will cost more. The price on Celtic is also bumped up by the base.

Looking at those recent comparison shots with Scar show how far the little details go. Scar had quills in the movie which I hadn’t really noticed or cared to notice until this popped up.

I wondered about that i thought i was the bio, it is a cool base.Sadly i am not huge on bases, dios all the way

This is when all of you guys are going to complain about how the head sculpt (forehead wise) was smaller on the first one. Ummm, hello? Can you guys not see that the new head sculpt is smaller and a lot more accurAte when it comes to the forehead area? :slap

It does but the debate is making me sad.I am so happy we are getting this.Reading the complains makes want to freak out

Back