Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS243 -Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captain America

I think the reference of similarity is in the jacket and white shirt.
Evans looks nothing like Ford. Even the new SS Han Solo looks nothing like Ford, lol.

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 -Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captain America

Ohio. Shipping was $26.

Yes depends on where you live since they ship out of CA. I live in NJ so shipping is more. I have my HT figures shipped to Vegas where I keep them in my place. And I forgot it's a 2 pack so it's more than a single figure. When I pick a shipping I choose USPS which is less given it's going from CA to NV. If I plan to have ship to NJ I order from a place closer. SS only ships to primary address so if I order from them I have ship to NJ.

I'm curious - what are you guys planning on doing with the extra Cap helmet that makes you want to order the 2 set? For me, I think the two set price is great, but with so many figures I already have preordered, plus with Falcon coming out and AoU, I can't afford to buy that much now even if civilian Steve is only $120 extra. Damn you Hot Toys...

I am planning to pose Stealth suit with Evans unmasked and have him hold the helmet with shield on his back. Nice change since my other 3 are holding the shield. It also looks good now that he has that harness.

Wow, that's a great idea! I would say throw on a belt and it's perfect.

Wow, that's a great idea! I would say throw on a belt and it's perfect.

Thanks. I put that together when the promo pics started to surface of Cap in a suit that was almost but not entirely like TFA costume.
I traded it last week for a MISB Kevin Flynn to go with my Sam Flynn Lightcycle.
:lol

Thanks. I put that together when the promo pics started to surface of Cap in a suit that was almost but not entirely like TFA costume.
I traded it last week for a MISB Kevin Flynn to go with my Sam Flynn Lightcycle.
:lol

It works surprisingly well. At first I couldn't tell what you had done it flowed so well. I think what worked really well was the lack of brown, so it retained the more vivid comic book style. The TFA addition filled out the suit and gave it more presence. I can see how you could make a nice trade out of it, that's awesome. I gave my TFA away as a gift to a friend, as I wasn't that fond of the head sculpt. I wanted to do something like you did here with the head and turn it into just a helmet, but opted not to. Thankfully Hot Toys looks to be including an empty helmet with this set so that'll do perfectly for what I want. Although... To be honest, it's kind of funny that went this route. I think this would have been better if they had used the Golden Age suit & helmet instead of the Strike suit. Y'know, given the events of the movie.. Since it's not like we're getting Batroc I imagine.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Seriously, lol.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

My favorite twist:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Totally... :thud: I though that was for Cap, which makes sense

Totally... :thud: I though that was for Cap, which makes sense

Yep! I totally thought "Are you ready for the country to see you as you really are" would be in a totally different context as well. Great line misdirection in the trailers.

They can do an "On your left!" version complete with Baby Gap t-shirt. :D

hahaha nice one man! you even gave it a name :)
the " on your left " exclusive version!

It works surprisingly well. At first I couldn't tell what you had done it flowed so well. I think what worked really well was the lack of brown, so it retained the more vivid comic book style. The TFA addition filled out the suit and gave it more presence. I can see how you could make a nice trade out of it, that's awesome. I gave my TFA away as a gift to a friend, as I wasn't that fond of the head sculpt. I wanted to do something like you did here with the head and turn it into just a helmet, but opted not to. Thankfully Hot Toys looks to be including an empty helmet with this set so that'll do perfectly for what I want. Although... To be honest, it's kind of funny that went this route. I think this would have been better if they had used the Golden Age suit & helmet instead of the Strike suit. Y'know, given the events of the movie.. Since it's not like we're getting Batroc I imagine.

I am loving the fact i won't have to make that empty helmet myself, which is cool.
And it's also the same helmet used for AOU.
But for anyone who wants an empty lid for their Golden Age Cap, i reckon i will still have plenty of orders as that lid is different than this one with the ears still covered and the different panelling on the helmet itself.

URL]

Hey Barry, where didja get the rotating pedestal? And how much are they?

I am loving the fact i won't have to make that empty helmet myself, which is cool.
And it's also the same helmet used for AOU.
But for anyone who wants an empty lid for their Golden Age Cap, i reckon i will still have plenty of orders as that lid is different than this one with the ears still covered and the different panelling on the helmet itself.

URL]

Yeah, I like how MCU is establishing a more standard approach to Cap's uniform. They've got something great going now. It'll be interesting to see how the suit develops post-AoU. Yeah, I prefer the Golden Age suit the TFA version personally, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people feel that way too. So that'll be good for you. :D

Yeah, I like how MCU is establishing a more standard approach to Cap's uniform. They've got something great going now. It'll be interesting to see how the suit develops post-AoU. Yeah, I prefer the Golden Age suit the TFA version personally, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people feel that way too. So that'll be good for you. :D

Yeah. It's all good!
I love that the AOU suit looks like the Strike suit with more traditional colours.

Re: Article: Hot Toys MMS243 -Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captai

Same here, the Strike suit is an excellent suit and AoU just takes it to another level. I really like how Hot Toys handled the body size and fit of the suit on this figure. I'm the kind of guy who finds a deeper appreciation for something when it's presented well as a collectible. lol.

Re: Article: Hot Toys MMS243 -Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captai

After seeing the movie, I now realize that I NEED THIS!!!:thud:

Back