1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definitely agree!

hopefully in Affleck's solo film we, in the very least, get a cameo of Bane in Arkham or something, the way he SHOULD be. I wouldn't mind if he was totally CGI even

This is the worst idea ever imo.

Nolan's Bane was a perfect interpretation of the original comic Bane who never was a steroid Hulk. He was bigger and more muscular than Batman by a bit and that was enough. Leave that ****** minster version for the games, where it makes sense to have a different type of enemy to battle, but keep him out of the movies and comics for that matter. Hate that version so much.

Here's how I categorize our Jokers.

Nicholson- Late 80's, purple suit, prince music (yuk), suspenders, supposed to be a scary mobster but comes off more comedic with a dark atmosphere around him. a joker for the late 80's.

Ledger- Early 2000's, smack dab in the "thriller" hper-realism decade of movies. (The Town, Departed, Fight Club, Inside Man). We got the purple suit, mobster look, no stained face, but instead a guy who caked on makeup. a joker for the time.

Leto- Mid 2010's, a time of loud and stylish movies/music. A long with society breaking norms. We got a joker that reflects that (and in return one that is the closest to the actual CB character we've seen on screen.) He looks like 2016 gangster. Like what rich gangsters really look like. Tattoos/Grill/Fashion.

My point? The joker is an always evolving character to what society needs him to be. Imagine Nicholson's Joker in SS. It wouldn't work. Does that mean it's worse? No. It means it's outdated.

I'd be interested to see peoples ages in comparison to their favorite joker. I think a lot of older people see the tats and grill and automatically think "wow that's stupid because that's not the style I grew up with, or am used to seeing. damn kids." this doesn't mean it's your fault for not understanding why he's like this, it just means you are having a hard time accepting the way the world is going and society changing. This ain't the 80's no more. Rock is gone, rap is in. Tailcoats are out, silk shirts and chains are in. Tats are more acceptable. We play Pokemon on our cellphone, not on our GBC. It's 2016. Hence, why we have a 2016 Joker.

Pretty much- if you can't get over his look that's not the films fault. it's yours for feeling like it needs changed when in reality this is the way it would be no matter what.

A 2016 Joker would have tats.
A 2016 Joker would have chains.
A 2016 Joker would have a Lambo.
A 2016 Joker would have a Grill.

Look at rich people today, more specifically rich, "gangster", or hip hop artists.

Post Malone:

Post-Malone.jpg

Asap Rocky:

copilot-style-201412-1418248516742_06-asap-rocky-style.jpg

Yung Lean:

yung-lean-af1s-00.jpg

Mac Miller:

macmiller-jumbotron.jpg

$B$

ZJrT_6FVS7I.jpg
14294757_256091064790497_225223747_n.jpg

This is the way the world is. Complaining about it isn't going to stop it from changing from what you're used to. Either keep up, or get cut out.

We got an 80's Joker because at the time, this is what the world was.

prince2.jpg

michael-jackson-billie-jean-lit-street-pavers1.jpg

ROLLING+STONE.jpg

and movies reflected that, just like they do today.

I LOOOOOOOVE your post, man! That is exactly what I think. Each Joker was perfect for the decade they were in.
FYI my favorite Joker is Leto and am 32 so not sure if the age thing applies here, but I am heavily tattooed, so of course I like that look. I also feel apart from the very timely stylings of Letos version, he is the closest we got to modern comic Joker yet in terms of look and behaviour.

I LOOOOOOOVE your post, man! That is exactly what I think. Each Joker was perfect for the decade they were in.
FYI my favorite Joker is Leto and am 32 so not sure if the age thing applies here, but I am heavily tattooed, so of course I like that look. I also feel apart from the very timely stylings of Letos version, he is the closest we got to modern comic Joker yet in terms of look and behaviour.

:duff

My favorite is probably still Ledger, thought I love Leto's, I just need to see more.

Also- 25 here and tatted up as well so the look does not bother me one bit like it does others. People freaking out about Joker having tattoos doesn't make sense when literally half of the US population has a tattoo. :lol why wouldn't joker have them?

Recently yeah, he's goin back to the ol' Leanien ways though.

but to be fair, he's always been obsessed with Gucci, Polo, Tommy etc. - Like most Swedes.

"Louis, Gucci, Polo, I rock that **** everyday. Catch me in a four door with yung sherman, hop out in LA.

Totally. Polo's staying power still trips me out though. What are people flexing in your neck of the woods? Virgil Abloh had a pop-up store here in LA for a couple weeks, but I wasn't able to make it over there; I used to be an Off-White fan (Seasons 1 & 2). Have you checked out A-Cold-Wall?

Ledger was late 00s, no closer to Fight Club (late 90s) than it is to today. There were silly looking 'gangsters' and rap artists back in 2008 too, there wasn't any need to base the joker around them then and there isn't now. By all means enjoy Leto's Joker if that's what tickles you but let's not pretend it's some great 'representation of the times', or even anything vaguely interesting.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

:clap to ZaCHw117, good thinking
:duff

Totally. Polo's staying power still trips me out though. What are people flexing in your neck of the woods? Virgil Abloh had a pop-up store here in LA for a couple weeks, but I wasn't able to make it over there; I used to be an Off-White fan (Seasons 1 & 2). Have you checked out A-Cold-Wall?

dude a LOT of FTP, that dude is pushing threads like crazy over here.

Ledger was late 00s, no closer to Fight Club (late 90s) than it is to today. There were silly looking 'gangsters' and rap artists back in 2008 too, there wasn't any need to base the joker around them then and there isn't now. By all means enjoy Leto's Joker if that's what tickles you but let's not pretend it's some great 'representation of the times', or even anything vaguely interesting.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

if you seriously think that Nicholson's joker wasn't influenced 80s pop (hell that's his soundtrack in BATMAN) and Ledger's influenced by the angsty emo music that was immensely popular from 2005-2010 then my original post was meant for you. you're definitely in the past m8. but that's just one mans opinion on the interwebz.

The bit about the current cultural relevance of the grill and tattoos is not the issue most people had with Leto's Joker. I personal think it's an incredible unique look, and am all for more people trying new and difference things as a way to differentiate new versions of these characters.

A lot of people's issues with the new Joker is the level of self awareness of the tattoos. The content. They look like a moody teenager who is trying to point out to everyone how edgy and different they are. The whole character feels affected. Like they are trying too hard.

if you seriously think that Nicholson's joker wasn't influenced 80s pop (hell that's his soundtrack in BATMAN) and Ledger's influenced by the angsty emo music that was immensely popular from 2005-2010 then my original post was meant for you. you're definitely in the past m8. but that's just one mans opinion on the interwebz.

That's right, credit for Ledger's performance is owed entirely to My Chemical Romance.

Yeah, Leto's Joker is just far too hip and modern for me. He looks like Lil Wayne, and that style wasn't cool back in 2006, let alone ten years on. Dated.

That's right, credit for Ledger's performance is owed entirely to My Chemical Romance.

Yeah, Leto's Joker is just far too hip and modern for me. He looks like Lil Wayne, and that style wasn't cool back in 2006, let alone ten years on. Dated.

you're missing the point entirely, go back and read my post.

My point? The joker is an always evolving character to what society needs him to be. Imagine Nicholson's Joker in SS. It wouldn't work. Does that mean it's worse? No. It means it's outdated.

I don't think Ledger's Joker will date as badly as Nicholson's or Leto's in SS.

I think people are confusing between look and acting. While the role for Leto was short he had absolutely nothing memorable done by him in the role. Sometimes great actors make their mark felt even in a few minutes. (Leto is a great actor but not a great joker). He changed 3-4 costumes, had a few "could be good scenes" but still nothing memorable done by him. That's the issue. So - more than who looks like what, I think if I saw a Leto gangsta joker in real life I will punch right through him. If I did see a ledger joker I will probably shut up and sit tight. That's the difference in my view. He (Leto) was literally a joke.
Infact I loved the Leto joker in that one line in the trailer - "am just gonna hurt u bad" - but come the movie and beyond that line I could have slept through his acting. Actually, to me Harley stood out both on looks and acting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soundtrack aside the Nicholson Joker doesn't have that much that places him in the 80s. His look is fairly basic to how The Joker has classically looked. Styles change over the years but his look overall isn't so outrageous that it comes off horribly dated, unlike Leto who I feel is going to be dated very soon.

Ledger definitely doesn't seem emo based to me either. He's kind of just his own thing that works in the realm of the universe Nolan created for his Batman films. The emo crowd maybe latched on to Ledger but I don't really view the character that way. To be fair I don't think Ledger's Joker would work outside of The Dark Knight and don't think he's a perfect match for a classic comic style Joker but the portrayal worked really well and is memorable.

Remind me again what thread this is. I thought it was the Harley Quinn figure thread, but all I see is a bunch of crap about whose pet Joker is better.

Back