1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yeah. Funny how some people hated on the cape option. It makes it look even better.

It does look better than the BvS cape but still not as good as the wired capes offered by Jaxon and Unrealtoys from what I can see. Obviously I haven't had it in hand though.

The big improvement for me is the lighter grey suit. It just makes everything pop on the figure.

Thanks again for the side by side pics creasy.

I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I did! But if I didn't I probably would have kept it to myself...not for nothing but I will criticize a figure all day long...the efforts and work of another board member who is taking the time to provide a substantive contribution...now that is another story...

I saw the review for the batman, looks like \a pain to swap out the eyes. I guess I will just leave the default one in there and not mess with it.

I saw the review for the batman, looks like \a pain to swap out the eyes. I guess I will just leave the default one in there and not mess with it.

What? Why would they change that :dunno

Also has anyone noticed how the BVS Batman thread has lit up in the last couple of weeks..jeez looks like people want to prove that BVS version is still the best :horror

I did! But if I didn't I probably would have kept it to myself...not for nothing but I will criticize a figure all day long...the efforts and work of another board member who is taking the time to provide a substantive contribution...now that is another story...

Thanks man appreciate the comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? Why would they change that :dunno

Also has anyone noticed how the BVS Batman thread has lit up in the last couple of weeks..jeez looks like people want to prove that BVS version is still the best :horror

the eye swap system is the exact same as the bvs version
It's easy!

It does look better than the BvS cape but still not as good as the wired capes offered by Jaxon and Unrealtoys from what I can see. Obviously I haven't had it in hand though.

The big improvement for me is the lighter grey suit. It just makes everything pop on the figure.

Thanks again for the side by side pics creasy.

No probs bud
Yeah I have a Jaxon cape on my bvs batman and a Tony meis on my batman returns and dark knight batman.
I like the look of the wired Jaxon cape but I don't think il get it, I'm happy with the stock one for this. It's definitely one of the better capes hot toys have done, with a bit of time and futzing you can make it look really good.
Also might get some more mini magnets for helping pose it

No probs bud
Yeah I have a Jaxon cape on my bvs batman and a Tony meis on my batman returns and dark knight batman.
I like the look of the wired Jaxon cape but I don't think il get it, I'm happy with the stock one for this. It's definitely one of the better capes hot toys have done, with a bit of time and futzing you can make it look really good.
Also might get some more mini magnets for helping pose it

It would be nice if HT include a wired cape with the JL Superman as well as the regular cape to allow more pose possibilities.

Eh, creasy doesn't have a problem with shelling out honest opinions (see DX12 thread post #22398)

Besides, I was just wondering aloud where all the blogger pics were. That was the intention of the original comment.

I noticed not much video reviews or blogger pictures on this release at all.

Virtual devil on YouTube did a French review on this figure. He also had a side by side comparison with the bvs batman. Looks slightly different such as lighter grey suit and more of the worn out looking highlights on areas of muscle such as the abs. Has a superman suit kinda look to it. Besides that I think the body is the same, these highlights makes the muscle look more defined which appear bigger. Either way a buy for me like I stated in a previous post I just love this suit so much to be able to get it at retail is totally worth it to me plus it comes with everything the bvs came with.

Eh, creasy doesn't have a problem with shelling out honest opinions (see DX12 thread post #22398)

Besides, I was just wondering aloud where all the blogger pics were. That was the intention of the original comment.

I usually stick to the forum pages of figures I own or I have on pre-order so I did not know about creasy's rep.

Your point is made but don't stoop to his level.

We can all be better than that, myself included.

I usually stick to the forum pages of figures I own or I have on pre-order so I did not know about creasy's rep.

Your point is made but don't stoop to his level.

We can all be better than that, myself included.

But I didn't stoop to his level. I made a general comment and he thought i was solely talking about him and then for some reason he brought my name up again.

Even guyver said something about pictures being lacking before creasy posted his. I don't feel like searching for it but it is in this thread.

I'm finished now

Edit:
One more thing, I collect blogger picks and that is why I am so interested in them. I appreciate the art.

Ok, now i'm finished.

Last edited:
Hmmm guess I was wrong about the biceps, looks like the same maybe the shoulders made them look bigger because the cape drapes around the shoulders definitely :dunno

Yeah I don't believe the arms are bigger, could have some extra padding (not much) where the chest and front shoulders meet. Looks like a slightly bigger surface for the symbol to lay across. Could be some slight tweaks kinda hard to tell without in hand. Like I stated before I think a lot has to do with the lighter grey highlights to make certain areas of the muscles pop. I think hot toys made the bvs figure look like how he did in bvs and the SS figure how he appeared in the SS movie, particularly the dead shot scene.

Not sure about the biceps anymore either. Whether it's larger or not, the lighter suit contributes to the bigger look. I mentioned before that the lighter grey of the suit, along with the darker grey shading of the abs could be giving the appearance of more bulk. In the different videos and pictures posted so far the figures seem to vary. Some comparisons look like the SS is bigger, while in others like the French review posted above, they look about the same size.

Weird, but for myself it won't matter as all I have is the BvS.

Not sure about the biceps anymore either. Whether it's larger or not, the lighter suit contributes to the bigger look. I mentioned before that the lighter grey of the suit, along with the darker grey shading of the abs could be giving the appearance of more bulk. In the different videos and pictures posted so far the figures seem to vary. Some comparisons look like the SS is bigger, while in others like the French review posted above, they look about the same size.

Weird, but for myself it won't matter as all I have is the BvS.

Don't speak French but I think the guy was emphasizing your exact points . He kept pointing out parts of the figure while simultaneously going back and pointing at parts of the BVS version :lecture

Back