Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure even if the top black jacket is difficult to remove from the figure, the excess dye could be removed from the collar simply by wetting and removing water with a dry cloth a few times. It's no different to washing a new black T-shirt made in China. Wash it in a bucket and I guarantee the water is not clear when you're done.

Hmmm I didn’t think about that..washing the shirt might work, but won’t the material get ruined :horror

OK. At least HT included the plastic collar this time. Not like Starlord where the dye had time to soak in during shipping.

Shouldn't be hard to remove the head, soak the collar and remove excess dye.

Interchangeable with upcoming accessories. :)

ht luke instruct.jpg

Is there anyone who can read Chinese ? Would be interesting to see how accurate the translation is.

Yeah, that’s a risk. For the sleeves I was thinking of rinsing them to shrink them a bit and using a hair drier. Shouldn’t have time to stain the white if I do one at a time. You can always pick up a spare on eBay or Toy anxiety to do the experimentation.

OK so we can agree he looks good now. That staining issue is a problem though now. I've not had any ht figures that i've had to worry about such issue. Maybe some will stain and some won't. Maybe it's a 1st batch issue. Maybe by the time the US stock comes in the dye will have dried enough in the box.

Yeah... nice thorough review! I have not looked forward to a figure this much in a good while. Can't wait!

Some concerns though:
Instructions say "Avoid direct contact with the Jedi robe with head sculpt and hands for long periods of time: otherwise the color of the fabric may transfer onto the figure". - I am sure this Jabba throne room look will be a favorite pose for many, and disappointing that HT has a made a figure where it is risky to set up a figure in that pose and leave it like that.

I also noticed while watching DK's review that the "flap" that can fold down on the shirt doesn't look like it stays down. There is a magnet which keeps the flap up when you prefer that look, but I wonder if there should also be one that holds it down? If it is wired, I also wonder how fragile it might be?

There is a way to fix that by soaking the clothes in water to get rid of the dye in the clothing. That is one method if you are willing to get the clothes wet.

If the problem is the dye in the clothes not being completely set, washing the clothes in white vinegar should help set the dye, that's what you're supposed to do with regular clothing that has color bleed.
Though word of warning, I'm not sure how it will effect Hot Toys clothing.

Damn. Since I was planning on displaying this with the cloak and hood on, this may be a no-go now. Not sure if I'm willing to mess with the clothes on a $200+ figure in an attempt to avoid the bleed and hope it turns out ok.

New accessory pack 99.99
I guessed this many pages back....

So now I am gonna guess the price...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New accessory pack 99.99
I guessed this many pages back....

So now I am gonna guess the price...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. They shoulda just included it all.

ROTJ Luke accessory bundle:
Helmet, poncho and the missing black glove set. Limited Edition packs come with the wind swept hair :)
No glove saber arm?

Wow. They shoulda just included it all.

ROTJ Luke accessory bundle:
Helmet, poncho and the missing black glove set. Limited Edition packs come with the wind swept hair :)
No glove saber arm?

I guess endor leia with accessories pack

Completely off topic but still want a slave Leia! Lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back