Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd really appreciate a delay on this one, lol.

Plus, I'm sure it'd rustle some jimmies around here, having had a PT figure release early and an OT figure delayed. :rotfl
I am fine with a delay also...

If it means it comes out better....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're probably all ready to go... Just that Howard hasn't decided if they're adding the extra Endor head and Poncho just to troll SSC.

They're probably all ready to go... Just that Howard hasn't decided if they're adding the extra Endor head and Poncho just to troll SSC.

To late to mark up the price for it...

Either they're gunning for a 2.0 down the line or they'll just graciously just add it into the box out of good-will.

They did add the damaged chest piece to the Mk46 unadvertised, but certainly that's less costly that a whole head.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

They did add the damaged chest piece to the Mk46 unadvertised, but certainly that's less costly that a whole head.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
And spider-man: homecoming insta-kill eyes.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I can't see them even considering adding a free second head sculpt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

really dont need free stuff, I just want they tweak Jedi Luke face expression for final production

Hair is a bit too Jabba's Palace for the final battle IMO.

What they SHOULD have done, and did with ANH Han and Luke and Besbin Luke, is provide a second hair piece with this for final battle displays.

Last edited:
I've got the Sideshow version on preorder, gonna sell the poncho, cloak and Endor head sculpt and probably buy certain parts from Hot Toy's effort and kit bash them together, make a hybrid of my favorite parts from both, then have him in a pose locking sabers with Vader with the Deluxe Emperor sitting on his throne watching them duel. Palpatine's grin will look great in that setup. So excited.

Had this on order, and used a $50 code to get the Sideshow as well.

Figure I can make two figures out of it quite cheaply. I already have boots, black trousers and shirt, which should work with the poncho.

For a second body I was thinking the Ganghood 2.0, which should be right for Luke.

I've got the Sideshow version on preorder, gonna sell the poncho, cloak and Endor head sculpt and probably buy certain parts from Hot Toy's effort and kit bash them together, make a hybrid of my favorite parts from both, then have him in a pose locking sabers with Vader with the Deluxe Emperor sitting on his throne watching them duel. Palpatine's grin will look great in that setup. So excited.

Yeah I'm with you, I live the head more on the SS and the boots more on the HT. Not sure about other stuff, the stitching looks good on both. The way prices go on parts it may be worth it to just get both and part them out.... hate that but we have little options...

Yeah I'm with you, I live the head more on the SS and the boots more on the HT. Not sure about other stuff, the stitching looks good on both. The way prices go on parts it may be worth it to just get both and part them out.... hate that but we have little options...

The Sideshow Luke head is not going to turn out decent. Their recent track record says the exact opposite. Do yourself a favor and pull up proto/prod images of SSC figs like Luke X-Wing. The thing that's concerning is that the Sideshow Luke Jedi head already looks slightly wonky in the proto stage.

Sculptwise, I'm not 100% on the HT Luke Jedi head either, but at least they deliver on paint and sculpt detail. Sideshow has proven time and again - recently - that they just cannot catch up to where the 1/6 market is for heads, even for companies like DID.

This is spoken as someone who has tried over and over with Sideshow (I was often called a SSC "apologist") - figure after figure after figure - only to be let down.

Back