Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
27539980_1942359229414908_1056701700317350504_n.jpgI'm jealous! I just want to get one.

Actually, he almost has enough to do a statistical analysis of how many have red staining from the jacket. :lol

Just realised we're in the ROTJ Luke thread here :rotfl

Maybe HT screwed up stock take and sent him 5 extra by accident? :dunno

Back on topic, I can't wait for those final product photos. Has there been any precedent where HT added in a particular major accessory (that hasn't been a tweak to the sculpt, extra hand or hidden accessory to protect spoilers) before release? Not that it would happen but maybe they'll scrap the release of the Endor version and just add the poncho/helmet in with the final product.

Maybe HT screwed up stock take and sent him 5 extra by accident? :dunno

Back on topic, I can't wait for those final product photos. Has there been any precedent where HT added in a particular major accessory (that hasn't been a tweak to the sculpt, extra hand or hidden accessory to protect spoilers) before release? Not that it would happen but maybe they'll scrap the release of the Endor version and just add the poncho/helmet in with the final product.

They added the kill mode eyes to homecoming spider man without letting anyone know before release

Well after months of deliberating I decided to pull the trigger on a second Jedi Luke. I never buy double of a figure but having the ability to do his look from Jabba’s Palace, sail barge, duel with Vader, and finding the Jedi compass on Pillio just meant I “needed” a second figure. My wallet hates me for it but I love Luke Skywalker. Especially excited for the option to do Pillio paired with the compass from TLJ Luke.

Yep, he's pretty versatile. I can totally see getting one for the Vader showdown in front of the Emperor and another for Jabba with the brown hooded cape.

This guy is noted as a "June to August" release. Wonder if we'll get him a little earlier like many of the other recent figures ?

A bit of OT Star Wars would be good amongst all this Marvel stuff.

I wouldn't mind a month or two more for Jedi Luke, to be honest. But I'm so excited we're getting close. He's the final OT figure I want.

I still need Veers, Lando and Wedge before I can consider my OT collection complete. And truth be told, I'd love an Admiral Ackbar. But at least we're getting closer on all the major characters.

Yep, he's pretty versatile. I can totally see getting one for the Vader showdown in front of the Emperor and another for Jabba with the brown hooded cape.

This guy is noted as a "June to August" release. Wonder if we'll get him a little earlier like many of the other recent figures ?

A bit of OT Star Wars would be good amongst all this Marvel stuff.

Well they did just release Leia and Tarkin.

My OT collection will never be complete without Lando. Need a Scout Trooper, too. I'd love to have Admiral Ackbar, Nien Nunb, and Greedo, but Hot Toys seems allergic to doing Star Wars aliens, outside of Yoda and Chewbacca. Likewise, even though I'd buy them, I can't see them ever doing Wedge or Piett, either.

I wouldn't mind a month or two more for Jedi Luke, to be honest. But I'm so excited we're getting close. He's the final OT figure I want.

Wait why are we talking about his release.

It’s not due for a long while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My OT collection will never be complete without Lando. Need a Scout Trooper, too. I'd love to have Admiral Ackbar, Nien Nunb, and Greedo, but Hot Toys seems allergic to doing Star Wars aliens, outside of Yoda and Chewbacca. Likewise, even though I'd buy them, I can't see them ever doing Wedge or Piett, either.

Agree it’s all about Lando for me at the moment. He’s the glaring omission. Bespin would be the priority. I sometimes wonder if these things are due to hold outs from the actors over likeness rights/fees.

Back