Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After watching the One-Shot, I see Sideshow has a really good deal for him right now but I'm still hesitant.

If you can swing it, go for it.
It's an amazing figure. I always have mine in one pose, sitting on his own, but that is the presence he has on a shelf.

F64B7C44-3E8A-4C1D-B4CC-A6754AF5575B.jpg

Got mine today, really is an awesome figure with such amazing tailoring, spot on head sculpt, and cool chair accessory which unfortunately was ruined by the terrible twist in the film.

Lp7UBR.jpg

9083Zf.jpg

9YFizj.jpg

Holy cow! Those are some truly incredible pics Ajkhunter. I'm finding I have a lot more love for IM3 than I once did and the Mandarin 'twist' is no longer as bothersome to me as it once was. There is no doubt that this is one of the very best HT figures, given that astonishing likeness it's possibly their best yet. I'll be honest, some of the prices this is going for on eBay, I may just fold. He seems to have an incredible shelf presence.

This figure is so great looking, but I cannot bring myself to pull the trigger on it. And it solely based on the movie. I think this is an amazing real world iteration of the character. I mean I was SOLD on the differences they made for IM3 from the comics. I saw behind the scenes pics and read articles on where they were doing "10 rings terrorist organization" instead of 10 rings of magic power, okay, I can do that. Mandarin as a bigger than anyone third world war lord? Sure, you have my attention. Then, they make him Trevor... I mean I was more offended at the film than upset. You took the time to sell me on this rendition of a character which I have known for 20+ years, just to pull the rug out from under me? If the one shot just showed some dudes show up and bust him out while saying "That was a good one Mandarin, let's go kill Iron Man", then I would buy this figure right now. Ugh.

Also, does anyone else think it would have been amazing if Tony Stark beat Aldrich Killian basically to death half way through the movie. Then his AIM cronies (WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN WEARING YELLOW KFC BUCKET BTW!!!!!) recover his body just to show them in a lab a like week later. where during his recovery they had to use a huge dose extremis (another thing that I cannot believe they messed up) and tech parts to keep him alive but something went wrong and it turns him into MODOK?!?!?

Sorry these are rantings of a lunatic. That figure looks amazing, great poses. Wish I could buy, but can't.

This figure is so great looking, but I cannot bring myself to pull the trigger on it. And it solely based on the movie. I think this is an amazing real world iteration of the character. I mean I was SOLD on the differences they made for IM3 from the comics.

Didn't mean to snip your post but I 100% agree. "Trevor" is the biggest example of a forced twist just the sake of of having one. I've been watching all the Phase II movies with commentary and listening to Black and Pearce just chit-chat during IM3, and it gave me the feeling that they were definitely the wrong guys for the job especially when they explained how they just picked random Marvel names for characters:slap

Hopefully, judging by the AHTK one-shot, they can get Sir Ben back in to ret-con this mess and turn it into something salvagable. This is like having Gambol be the mastermind behind the Joker in TDK, it's just dumb.

Didn't mean to snip your post but I 100% agree. "Trevor" is the biggest example of a forced twist just the sake of of having one. I've been watching all the Phase II movies with commentary and listening to Black and Pearce just chit-chat during IM3, and it gave me the feeling that they were definitely the wrong guys for the job especially when they explained how they just picked random Marvel names for characters:slap

Hopefully, judging by the AHTK one-shot, they can get Sir Ben back in to ret-con this mess and turn it into something salvagable. This is like having Gambol be the mastermind behind the Joker in TDK, it's just dumb.

Exactly. I despise Shane Black anyway. I mean, aside from the rest of my ramblings, he ruined this film by trying to make lethal weapon 5. Beach side mansion with suit guards wielding machine guns? ONE HAD A PONY TAIL! Then there is a dungeon inside said mansion where Tony get's tied up to it? I was surprised they didn't electrocute him with sponges to be honest. Let's not forget the buddy cop moment that Tony and James have at where else but a loading dock. Oh and we can't forget that it took place during Christmas time. Shane Black, I understand, you miss the 80's. Just don't make anymore Marvel movies.

Exactly. I despise Shane Black anyway. I mean, aside from the rest of my ramblings, he ruined this film by trying to make lethal weapon 5. Beach side mansion with suit guards wielding machine guns? ONE HAD A PONY TAIL! Then there is a dungeon inside said mansion where Tony get's tied up to it? I was surprised they didn't electrocute him with sponges to be honest. Let's not forget the buddy cop moment that Tony and James have at where else but a loading dock. Oh and we can't forget that it took place during Christmas time. Shane Black, I understand, you miss the 80's. Just don't make anymore Marvel movies.
:goodpost :clap
That's one of the reasons why my excitement for the next Predator movie is pretty low, even though it's my favorite franchise.
I think I will remain optimistic about the new film..... cautiously optimistic

It is a really good figure just ignore the movie twist. I liked IM3 so it wasn't such hard choice for me(especially at the price I got it).

I've done it. I've gone and pulled the trigger on this. £115 shipped. Now I've gotta get me a battle damaged Iron Man MK42 Helmet and a 1/6 scale AK-47 to complete him. Sweeeeeet!

I've done it. I've gone and pulled the trigger on this. £115 shipped. Now I've gotta get me a battle damaged Iron Man MK42 Helmet and a 1/6 scale AK-47 to complete him. Sweeeeeet!

It a good fig. With the AK and IM helmet under his foot he looks like a proper villain.

Back