Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

I don't normally post custom pics in officially licensed figure threads ..but the figure has not been show yet, so i think it's fair game talking about custom and posting pics of them here until we get full specs and pics, because at the end of the day most of the improvements they can do with joker have already been done by many of the artists on this forum so it's only natural to compare them:dunno

..and fyi, I only mirrored joker's face for it to match the way the body was facing.

Here , this is the last pic i will show of my figure.. honestly:dunno "look's like crap" "Not even close" :cuckoo:

IMG_1006.jpg

See you all when we get full specs and pics!:wave

Is that one of the Monkey scupts? I think his 2.0 or whatever are the best of the custom Ledger Jokers.

Is that one of the Monkey scupts? I think his 2.0 or whatever are the best of the custom Ledger Jokers.

Yep , that's his last and final Joker sculpt and i agree it's the best of the customs!:)

..i do expect a fantastic new sculpt from Hot toys ..i might buy the whole set if it comes with more then 1 sculpt.

The face sort of reminds me more of The Crow from the side.

What is funny, is people have spent thousands of dollars on customs, and yet none of them look even close to that. :)

Yet the waistcoat isn't vibrant in that photo like the customs. It's nearly glowing green like a freshly laid football park for the start of the new season.

What's funny is this is a HOT TOYS thread not a CUSTOM thread.
gtfo if you don't like it honestly. Sick of hearing all the back and forth banter.:cuckoo:

That's just the thing though. If they were so confident on the best ever joker for these customs, they wouldn't feel the need to post for a mass produced figure since they said they have the most perfect figure a company cannot match or ever produce.

So why are these discussions happening?

Because they wan't to justify the prices they bought em' at. And gloat about how much better their custom is so they feel better on the inside.

We get it. Cool custom. Most of us can't drop 1000$ on clothes for a figure. Go flaunt over at the customs section and let it be.

What's funny is this is a HOT TOYS thread not a CUSTOM thread.
gtfo if you don't like it honestly. Sick of hearing all the back and forth banter.:cuckoo:

What's there not to like?:dunno ..we have not seen the figure yet!:cuckoo:

Because they wan't to justify the prices they bought em' at. And gloat about how much better their custom is so they feel better on the inside.

We get it. Cool custom. Most of us can't drop 1000$ on clothes for a figure. Go flaunt over at the customs section and let it be.

I'm surprised you weren't labelled as a troll, followed by "add him to the ignore list bud." Thats what they called me with the same reality as yours. ;)

gtfo as in get out of the thread if you don't like it not being a custom thread.:cuckoo:

Not gloating just replying to someone saying the figure i spent my hard earned cash on look's "not even close" to Ledger.:dunno

These argument's 9 time out of 10 always start by someone dissing a custom and in turn the artist/artist who made it happen , not by someone gloating about one.:lecture

I'm surprised you weren't labelled as a troll, followed by "add him to the ignore list bud." Thats what they called me with the same reality as yours. ;)

They're just in denial. It's the first step.:lol

gtfo as in get out of the thread if you don't like it not being a custom thread.:cuckoo:
Well until we know. . .anything really about this figure, seems custom talk is pretty relevant to the discussion. Particularly since HT seems to be taking cues that customizers have already taken re: the jacket. Considering that this thread is 100% speculation at this point, I'm not sure what else you want to talk about other than wishlist-related nonsense, considerations of how the sculpt might fare in relation to Monkey's custom, etc.

Not gloating just replying to someone saying the figure i spent my hard earned cash on look's "not even close" to Ledger.:dunno

These argument's 9 time out of 10 always start by someone dissing a custom and in turn the artist/artist who made it happen , not by someone gloating about one.:lecture

It wasn't really pointed towards you, as much as the people starting the arguments and not giving up on trying to sway someone's opinion.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Good man Mike! ..1 for each page, we can do it!

Btw Calcifer , F^#K the haters , you Custom Joker is freaking awesome man .

Is there actually any reason to believe this isn't just a straight re-issue?

Maybe the "2.0" is applied to the box, just as a way of distinguishing the two releases from one another. The original is pristine, the re-release has the big "2.0" stamped on it. That way, the "first edition" release can still be considered more "valuable" by collectors (as it's a true first edition), while all the new collectors and those who don't care about collectibility can get another chance at owning the exact same figure for the sake of the figure itself.

And that way, those who have the original version don't feel like they have to buy the exact same figure again, because it's not "improved" in any way and has exactly the same contents and accessories.

Sort of like books - the "first edition" for very famous books can be worth something, but if you just want to read the story, then a later edition isn't any less desirable to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back