Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

Haters?... stop talking like an 8 year old. You're nearly throwing the toys out of the pram if not already since you cannot express yourself in a calm manner.

Meh. I'm excited about this figure mostly for the prospect of some cool new sculpts (different expressions to what i already have) and a proper nurse outfit/body.

I don't need to justify how good or not my customs are to anyone, nor how much I paid for them. I couldn't be happier with them and that's all that matters.

NONE of the 1/6 Joker figures I've seen (Hot Toys, Medicom, Mattel and Custom) have been 100% replicated from the production shots, stills, and movie scenes anyway.

They're realistic and fun as collectibles sure but I've never seen a single one on here from anybody (myself included) that jumped out and fooled me into thinking it was an actual person, let alone Heath Ledger. Yeah, we all know who it is and nearly all of them look superb but none of them will ever be close with the way sculpts and the hobby in general is evolving.

They're all produced collectible figures, nothing more. Buy one, buy two, buy them all but it'll never be anything more than a scaled down replica of a character from a movie in action figure form. This DX 2.0 will be no different, even if it's "the best". In a few years it'll get stale after awhile and a newer version will be there to take it's place in the eyes of the collecting community.

Last edited:

NONE of the 1/6 Joker figures I've seen (Hot Toys, Medicom, Mattel and Custom) have been 100% replicated from the production shots, stills, and movie scenes anyway.

They're realistic and fun as collectibles sure but I've never seen a single one on here from anybody (myself included) that jumped out and fooled me into thinking it was an actual person, let alone Heath Ledger. Yeah, we all know who it is and nearly all of them look superb but none of them will ever be close with the way sculpts and the hobby in general is evolving.

They're all produced collectible figures, nothing more. Buy one, buy two, buy them all buy it'll never be anything more than a scaled down replica of a character from a movie. This DX 02 will be no different, even if it's "the best". In a few years it'll get stale after awhile.

Good Point :exactly::goodpost:

They're all produced collectible figures, nothing more. Buy one, buy two, buy them all buy it'll never be anything more than a scaled down replica of a character from a movie in action figure form. This DX 2.0 will be no different, even if it's "the best". In a few years it'll get stale after awhile and a newer version will be there to take it's place in the eyes of the collecting community.

Yupp - there will always be something better later, it's inevitable.

They're all produced collectible figures, nothing more. Buy one, buy two, buy them all buy it'll never be anything more than a scaled down replica of a character from a movie in action figure form. This DX 2.0 will be no different, even if it's "the best". In a few years it'll get stale after awhile and a newer version will be there to take it's place in the eyes of the collecting community.

Exactly, it doesnt really matter whether it is a custom or stock. Its whatever that makes you happy.
Just look at the new Hot Toys Captain America, it looks phenomenal. I know I'm Speaking personally, it is in the top 5 of the best 1/6 I have ever seen.

Just look at the new Hot Toys Captain America, it looks phenomenal. I know I'm Speaking personally, it is in the top 5 of the best 1/6 I have ever seen.

Another good example. Do I see Chris Evans in that sculpt? Not really. But as a 1/6 collectible action figure that thing is fantastic. The headsculpt, the detail, the tailoring, the accessories, just the overall look is great. It's a clear representation of a character on film. It's not half-assed and it's extremely well done. Will there be better variations eventually? Probably. Are you getting what you pay for when it comes to a Captain America collectible action figure. Definitely.

Exactly, it doesnt really matter whether it is a custom or stock. Its whatever that makes you happy.

I know tis si about Joker and all, but I so agree with you Remy. It's just a damn fine, nicely done figure. Lots of folks who didn't liek the movie are even considering buying it

:exactly: cool, im glad you guys are talking about this. TOTALLY AGREE!!! They are 1:6 action figures, nothing more. I think if you appreciate the artistry of custom made figures, thats really great. Its just like collecting any kind of art like sculpture or paintings. You collect for the enjoyment and it makes you happy. But if your a collector like myself who only collects the HT versions, theres nothing wrong with that either and I accept they are not 100% accurate. They never will be unless I you can shrink Christian Bale down to 1:6 size himself and put him in a glass case:)

Yah I almost bought the 1:6 Captain America. It looks fantastic! Probably the best 1:6 Ive seen so far. But I decided I am a Batman collector, I rather just stick with one character and appreciate the other figures from afar. Plus there is going to be lots of Batman stuff coming out the next few years, rather save my money for those than get into Captain America. The only other one I may pick up is Reeve's Superman because it was one of my favorite movies of all time.

Good Point :exactly::goodpost:

Thats right. this image originated from tommys weibo

6a853733gw1djpcqkignmj.jpg

He has clearly drawn red arrows indicating: the rear pocket of the coat, perhaps specifically the lower pocket under the flap and the distance between them, also the coat tails to signify the length of the coat itself and maybe the number of tails on the coat. Get your Jokers and compare

In the background we can see the DX01 headsculpt. Is this 2.0? there appears to be a red number in the top corner and something written in in the lower corner

with the the post he wrote a comment in Chinese which Google translates to :
Gangster film shape it according to Chang Li Wai .... idiot stem system quite similar to the friends.

This is all the info we have so far

"Gangster film shape it according to Chang Li Wai .... idiot stem system quite similar to the friends."

:goodpost::exactly:

"Gangster film shape it according to Chang Li Wai .... idiot stem system quite similar to the friends."

:goodpost::exactly:

I think I understand the chinese message better, cause reading it, I can clearly not undestand what its saying.

Last edited:

Centrocal said:
In the background we can see the DX01 headsculpt. Is this 2.0? there appears to be a red number in the top corner and something written in in the lower corner

It's a 4 in the top left corner. Nothing too special about that I don't think.

Don't ya just hate those idiot stem systems!?:gah:

Blame it on gangster films

Gangster film shape it according to Chang Li Wai .... idiot stem system quite similar to the friends.

I agree because the Jupiter cow drinks beautiful liquor on the second day of the third full moon of water and fire.

Sometimes these translators drop or substitute words that isnt exactly correct but similar.
I've rearranged the words, could it be,

Gangster film (mobster scene) idiot (Wrong) stem system quite similar to the friends(no idea what this means)
...shape it (fix it, which might be the red correction marks at the back of the coat) according to Chang Li Wai ....

So maybe mobster scene?:huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back