Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

Not interested in this at ALL.

The very fact they are actually making this makes me pretty dissapointed with Hot Toys. And their DX brand.

Dont mind nam. He was dropped as a kid, thats why hes so mean :lol

:wink1:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J39HPaLXBJA"]‪Rambo II - Mud Death‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I agree because the Jupiter cow drinks beautiful liquor on the second day of the third full moon of water and fire.

:nono That's no the secret code.

She's pregnant. Maternity leave. No sculpt for awhile.

:lol You didn't see the pics of her at SDCC?

I was wondering why she suddenly accepted my friend request on Facebook, I added her like a year ago.

Lol, how do you guys know so much about Hot Toys sculptors. Is there a site that lists them and their work? It's all very fascinating.

My Chinese sucks, but my parents are fluent. I may ask them what it all says, but if you look closely, the joker picture cuts out a bunch of text.

Were just nerds like that :yess:

I wouldn't sell. You can always have different interpretations of the J. on your shelf. I plan on buying this guy if he's another purple suit J. l'll keep my V1 as "interrogation" My DX with the grenade rig, my my DX 2.0 is gonna be a hit me or something or other pose. On top of all that you'll have your Cop J. and (hopefully) a Nurse J.

You'll have an entire army of Jokers!!:panic::panic:

Would if I could my friend but with all the things coming out( 89 Batman and Joker) I highly doubt Ill be able to afford it. Ill only sell if this new Joker blows the DX01 away. I only need 1 purple suit Joker. The only way to keep up with all the amazing stuff HT puts out is if you have a very well paying job or your single with no kids or something. Especially now that $200 seems the new norm for HT figures. This freakin hobby is expensive. I dunno we'll see though. Maybe Ill hit the lottery.:lol

Song Hye Hyun all the way, really want to see her take on Heath.

Would if I could my friend but with all the things coming out( 89 Batman and Joker) I highly doubt Ill be able to afford it. Ill only sell if this new Joker blows the DX01 away. I only need 1 purple suit Joker. The only way to keep up with all the amazing stuff HT puts out is if you have a very well paying job or your single with no kids or something. Especially now that $200 seems the new norm for HT figures. This freakin hobby is expensive. I dunno we'll see though. Maybe Ill hit the lottery.:lol

You said it- when I was single I could buy all kinds of extras. Now with family, they come first (yes even over HT!!). Have to make tough choices, I'm selling several top HT figures just to fund new stuff and such. Luckily they are extras.
I have a strong feeling new DX Joker WILL blow the old one out of the water....sigh

The face sort of reminds me more of The Crow from the side.

Yes!! I was trying to think of what it reminded me of.

Is there actually any reason to believe this isn't just a straight re-issue?

Maybe the "2.0" is applied to the box, just as a way of distinguishing the two releases from one another. The original is pristine, the re-release has the big "2.0" stamped on it. That way, the "first edition" release can still be considered more "valuable" by collectors (as it's a true first edition), while all the new collectors and those who don't care about collectibility can get another chance at owning the exact same figure for the sake of the figure itself.

And that way, those who have the original version don't feel like they have to buy the exact same figure again, because it's not "improved" in any way and has exactly the same contents and accessories.

Sort of like books - the "first edition" for very famous books can be worth something, but if you just want to read the story, then a later edition isn't any less desirable to you.

Although I do not think this will be the case you make a valid point that hasnt been brought up yet. There is a lot of things that 2.0 can imply and at this point anything is possible

NONE of the 1/6 Joker figures I've seen (Hot Toys, Medicom, Mattel and Custom) have been 100% replicated from the production shots, stills, and movie scenes anyway.

They're realistic and fun as collectibles sure but I've never seen a single one on here from anybody (myself included) that jumped out and fooled me into thinking it was an actual person, let alone Heath Ledger. Yeah, we all know who it is and nearly all of them look superb but none of them will ever be close with the way sculpts and the hobby in general is evolving.

They're all produced collectible figures, nothing more. Buy one, buy two, buy them all but it'll never be anything more than a scaled down replica of a character from a movie in action figure form. This DX 2.0 will be no different, even if it's "the best". In a few years it'll get stale after awhile and a newer version will be there to take it's place in the eyes of the collecting community.

:exactly::goodpost:

You said it- when I was single I could buy all kinds of extras. Now with family, they come first (yes even over HT!!). Have to make tough choices, I'm selling several top HT figures just to fund new stuff and such. Luckily they are extras.
I have a strong feeling new DX Joker WILL blow the old one out of the water....sigh

Yep my sentiment exactly, being newly married, plans for a baby and taking care of a ten yr old HT has to take a back seat:monkey2 But I did tell my wife that 89 Batman and Jokes is a must!! :lol Oh and a BD T-800 if they ever freakin get around to it! The days of bachelorhood and toys is mass quantities are over though. Oh well Ive always been a quality over quantity type of guy anyway.

I think I found a picture of the new DX 2.0 Joker.

its-simple-mcdonalds-the-joker-burger-king-zomg-waffles-demotivational-poster-1233192284.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back