Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

Black Widow and Sarah Connor never looked/felt like a custom...

Sarah Connor never looked/felt like a custom...

I don't know, Sarah Connor is pretty awful. I contemplated keeping it but eventually sold once I had it in hand. I know, I know, "futz and hair spray" but no way was I about to style a figure's hair. Don't have Widow so I wouldn't know about that one. I prefer sculpted hair myself.

I can't see Hot Toys making a Joker with rooted hair that doesn't look feminine. Plus if you're adding PERS and "real" hair how solid is that head going to be? It won't.

Not interested in this at ALL.

The very fact they are actually making this makes me pretty dissapointed with Hot Toys. And their DX brand.
I kind of agree. A DX release should be the end-all be-all of a figure.

Black Widow and Sarah Connor never looked/felt like a custom...

Sarah Connor looked like a Barbie and Black Widow was hit and miss depending on how well the head was packaged with regards to the hair.

Ive yet to see a BW with hair that looked close to Johansan in IM2.

Ive yet to see a BW with hair that looked close to Johansan in IM2.

Maybe not perfectly IM2 do' (she changes it a few times in the film). But I think she looks fine. Way better than sculpted. :dunno

IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

That actually looks a lot better than I expected. Having such long and curly hair be made as a sculpt would be a bit ridiculous.

Rooted hair will be a deal breaker for me. I don't like the way it looks on figures and if Hot Toys actually does it for joker it'll just feel like a custom to me. I hope that's not the case

While I'll get this regardless if the hair is rooted or sculpted, I hope it's sculpted. Rooted hair always looks iffy too me no matter how well it's futzed with.

sarah07.jpg

sarah03.jpg

T-1000 Sarah wasn't a bad figure with the right amount of fuzzing. Though I'm not sure I want Joker to have real hair though, might be a little too different from the other rogues...

-

Real hair joker FTW

Though I doubt HT would try it

no i cant see that at all it will be sculpted due to the style of his hair it is greasy and matted and stuck to his head if HT did real hair can you imagine opening the box ?? would look more like beetlejuice !!

Then again if he did have real hair we could start an epic poll of " My Joker DX 2.0 has oily hair does yours ?? " :lol

Is there actually any reason to believe this isn't just a straight re-issue?

Maybe the "2.0" is applied to the box, just as a way of distinguishing the two releases from one another. The original is pristine, the re-release has the big "2.0" stamped on it. That way, the "first edition" release can still be considered more "valuable" by collectors (as it's a true first edition), while all the new collectors and those who don't care about collectibility can get another chance at owning the exact same figure for the sake of the figure itself.

And that way, those who have the original version don't feel like they have to buy the exact same figure again, because it's not "improved" in any way and has exactly the same contents and accessories.

Sort of like books - the "first edition" for very famous books can be worth something, but if you just want to read the story, then a later edition isn't any less desirable to you.

:goodpost:

I would be happy if this was the case, those who missed out can pick him up, those who have the DX01 don't lose value on their figures and those who have the DX don't feel like they have to buy the updated version, while probably having to cancel or skip a different HT release.

But HT needs their gold-plated shark tank bars' as much as they need oxygen so they'll release a new figure, probably retailing at $299.99

Okay so those images in the background were from a site called apple daily and they're just the standard joker:(

1011317na654ck55lh5obo.jpg

How would the P.E.R.S system work with a head that has rooted hair?

I assume the rooted hair would be attached to the back part of his head which could be removed just like the sculpted hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back