Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

Okay, so either your obstinate to the point of trolling, or just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally dumb.

poker_chips_all_in-11.jpg

All in on the latter please croupier.

Nope. The computer industry has yet to make pixels small enough. :wink1:

Okay, so either your obstinate to the point of trolling, or just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally dumb. Did you by chance miss the new Batman they just released? HT has zero interest in catering to one fanboy's eccentric tighty whitey squirt of an idea. Instead they'll cater to the masses who are still driving up the secondary value of the regular Jokers. It's not a matter of wishing to ride a unicorn over the rainbow to magically produced dream figures. It's about being practical and looking at what they've already released to show what's coming. Now while they'll throw in something better, maybe a new sculpt, maybe the nurse clothes, to appeal to collectors who've bought all the previous ones, at it's heart, it's a "2.0" which tells everybody else BUT you, that there was a 1.0 they're bettering.

t105757_Busey%20Clap.gif

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spkb5810JQU"]Why So Serious Remix - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TjevOwlUKg"]Batbomb (The Dark Knight Remix) - YouTube[/ame]

When will we see a pictures of this doll?
I can't wait, my dx-02 Batman feels so lonely without joker ^_^

Whatever this Joker may be I'm hoping that the PERS system is fixed...already had to replace Jokers head once cause of it...crosseyed joker not as convincing as non crosseyed joker.

Whatever this Joker may be I'm hoping that the PERS system is fixed...already had to replace Jokers head once cause of it...crosseyed joker not as convincing as non crosseyed joker.

I wouldn't mind if they just ditched it all together and just gave us two heads with different expressions. It's a cool gimmick, but it's just something else to worry about potential breakage with.

i actually prefer the bank robber sculpt, decided long ago not to touch the eyes out of fear of breakage

i actually prefer the bank robber sculpt, decided long ago not to touch the eyes out of fear of breakage

I will never understand this... :dunno

I guess everyone can make their own choice, but to me, the main BR sculpt is a bit lopsided IMO, but yet people still rave about it.

M.

I will never understand this... :dunno

I guess everyone can make their own choice, but to me, the main BR sculpt is a bit lopsided IMO, but yet people still rave about it.

M.

Lopsided in what way?

I too think it's a better sculpt than the DX version

Last edited:

I wouldn't mind if they just ditched it all together and just gave us two heads with different expressions. It's a cool gimmick, but it's just something else to worry about potential breakage with.

Absolutely. I'd much prefer this to PERS. PERS was kinda cool the first time I played around with it, but I've never found it to be essential. I'd much prefer two great old-fashioned head sculpts.

Sadly, they seem kind of married to it at this point, though. :monkey2

Absolutely. I'd much prefer this to PERS. PERS was kinda cool the first time I played around with it, but I've never found it to be essential. I'd much prefer two great old-fashioned head sculpts.

Sadly, they seem kind of married to it at this point, though. :monkey2
I think it hurts the look of the figures. Joker and Bad MJ both look like cartoon characters. DX Indy and Bespin Luke (clean version) look very little like their real-life counterparts IMO, and if you took away the beard, I suspect others would see the same about Jack Sparrow. Could it be coincidence that the PERS sculpts just happen to be some of the worst in recent years that HT has produced? Possibly, but unlikely I think. Let the amazing painters at HT do the eyes as they do with the MMS figures, and just give the fancy figures the DX label with extra goodies but no googly eye gimmick. It isn't like HT has to compete with Enterbay over this, since Enterbay is no competition at all. Just leave it in the dustbin of history with completely rubber bodies and crummy light-up features. . .well, light-up features should be HT's next gimmick to go the way of the dodo, anyway :lol

Lol, I guess I'm on HT's side. I completely disagree with everything you've said about their recent DX sculpts, and I personally find PERS to be awesome. They're only going to get better. I doubt HT is ever going to drop PERS from their DX line. I find PERS, better rubber bodies, more magnets, and better rooted hair to be the future of 1/6 collectibles.

As someone who doesn't own a purple suit TDK Joker yet, I'd really like one!

Having said that - I DO own the brilliant BRJ, & very glad I got him when I did. I can also understand both sides of the argument regarding the PERS system. As it is, I'll be getting '89 Jack Joker - as well as Bespin Luke.. so I guess I'll be joining the club either way. :lol

I can't say I'm keen for a nurse disguise version though.. but that's just me of course. :monkey3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back