Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right- DX Joker a masterpiece- I don't get the talk it is so inaccurate- really folks- 99.9% of people looking at it have no idea what is inaccurate about it!!!!!:cuckoo:

You speak for 99.9% of people do you?:dunno

Obviously hot toys disagree with you since there releasing a 2.0 of it !:lol

The sculpt is like a joker caricature IMO

:exactly:

That better describes the $1k sculpt everybody's so hot over. :huh

Honestly i do think that particular sculpt is slighty "off" but Nam i feel your hate for everything joker custom related and the price is getting in the way of what you really think of the sculpt because to say one the most realistic sculpt ever made is like a caricature is just bloody absurd!:cuckoo:

Forget about the bloody price and the "poop throwing fans" and just give credit where credit is due!:dunno

I'm not badmouthing heads ,I have all of them and I like them all.there is just room for improvement.they look great when the heads are facing you but if you look at them from the side they are not so great.the dx and bankrobber also look a lot different without the paint.it should look like heath.the only one that does is cop head .I was just saying that they keep getting it close but not perfect and it seems like they keep doing the same things wrong.they are capable of giving us a prfect sculpt and I hope they do but if history repeats itself we will get a great head but not a perfect head.also the br and dx sculpts have to many creases in his face.I wonder if that's for the paint apps ?is it a template so they all look the same?

You're right- DX Joker a masterpiece- I don't get the talk it is so inaccurate- really folks- 99.9% of people looking at it have no idea what is inaccurate about it!!!!!:cuckoo:

I think the Bank Robber regular head is Hot Toys' best Heath.

I hope hot toys hired him and were getting autobot john sculpt with this dx 2.0!:pray:

ChildDogPraying.jpg

I'm not badmouthing heads ,I have all of them and I like them all.there is just room for improvement.they look great when the heads are facing you but if you look at them from the side they are not so great.the dx and bankrobber also look a lot different without the paint.it should look like heath.the only one that does is cop head .I was just saying that they keep getting it close but not perfect and it seems like they keep doing the same things wrong.they are capable of giving us a prfect sculpt and I hope they do but if history repeats itself we will get a great head but not a perfect head.also the br and dx sculpts have to many creases in his face.I wonder if that's for the paint apps ?is it a template so they all look the same?

There's always going to be room for improvement. Whether you're Hot Toys, steve giunta, or anyone else. That's not a dig at anyone's skills, but while some may come closer than others, it's pretty much impossible to achieve perfection.

Honestly i do think that particular sculpt is slighty "off" but Nam i feel your hate for everything joker custom related and the price is getting in the way of what you really think of the sculpt because to say one the most realistic sculpt ever made is like a caricature is just bloody absurd!:cuckoo:

Forget about the bloody price and the "poop throwing fans" and just give credit where credit is due!:dunno

Honestly, scrotemonkeys be damned, I think it's a great looking Joker head. I think it's a very realistic looking sculpt and in several pics, even looks human. That said, I don't see Ledger in it at all. It looks like a cosplayer dressed up as TDK Joker. Therefore, since it's supposed to be Ledger and it's not, it's a caricature of the "Ledger Joker." See how that works? :lol

I think some just over analyze things. I've showed numerous people pictures of the dx01 and they can barely tell which ones the hot toy and what's actually heath ledger :huh

I think some just over analyze things. I've showed numerous people pictures of the dx01 and they can barely tell which ones the hot toy and what's actually heath ledger :huh

Most people are not going to sit there with high resolution photos of the actor and the toy and compare them. Most of these sculpts people are complaining about will be seen standing alone, on a small scale, and easily pass casual scrutiny.

Yes, but that's the difference between Joe Public and collectors.

For instance, you could show me a Rolex and a fantastic knock off Rolex and I would likely not be able to tell because I have no idea about the subject matter.

Last edited:
What Hot Toy$ i$ doing i$ milking more monie$ from people.

Agreed. Besides do you really think they give a good goddamn what some collectors think in regards to accuracy? Trust me they don't. They're making money and thats all the matters.

Given the opportunity to be in Howard Chan's position i'd do the exact same thing(s) When Apple releases a newer and better ipod/iphone/ipad you buy it with no question.

Car companies, any or all electronic companies do the very same. It may be sleazy, I agree but if you're gonna _____ about one _____ about them all.

^thats business, man. the majority have an instant gratification attitude, and businesses know that. plus, in this society "newer is better"...

Agreed. Besides do you really think they give a good goddamn what some collectors think in regards to accuracy? Trust me they don't. They're making money and thats all the matters.

Given the opportunity to be in Howard Chan's position i'd do the exact same thing(s) When Apple releases a newer and better ipod/iphone/ipad you buy it with no question.

Car companies, any or all electronic companies do the very same. It may be sleazy, I agree but if you're gonna _____ about one _____ about them all.

I think they care about accuracy to some extent. Now the douches nitpicking eyebrow hair sculpting and sock pattern accuracy, I don't see them giving two ____s or a ____ about, but for the price, they're fully understanding that the initial quality needs to match what they're charging.

I think they care about accuracy to some extent. Now the douches nitpicking eyebrow hair sculpting and sock pattern accuracy, I don't see them giving two ____s or a ____ about, but for the price, they're fully understanding that the initial quality needs to match what they're charging.

agreed :duff :exactly:

Honestly, scrotemonkeys be damned, I think it's a great looking Joker head. I think it's a very realistic looking sculpt and in several pics, even looks human. That said, I don't see Ledger in it at all. It looks like a cosplayer dressed up as TDK Joker. Therefore, since it's supposed to be Ledger and it's not, it's a caricature of the "Ledger Joker." See how that works? :lol

Hmm, that's not how I interpret "caricature" at all.

A caricature is immediately recognizable as the person it's meant to represent, as it exaggerates the features of that individual. If anything Bobby's Joker is a bit generic - which would be the opposite of a caricature.

Despite being a bit generic, the unpainted molds of that head look damn close to Heath Ledger.

However, I think the person who nailed him the closest is Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back