Hot Toys new Superman teaser... he's coming guys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're kidding with this ____ right? All the drama you guys have caused, I'm surprised the owner of HT didn't have a high-res pick of his ass taken, distributed everywhere with a big ":censored YOU, YOU :censored :censored!" tattooed right there across his cheeks. You guys hold the SSF record for single-handedly making more drama than every thread in the SW section COMBINED! HT should've canceled this ____ just to make you guys realize how much self-inflicted ____ you've caused. It'd serve each and every one of you right. :lol

Totally agree with you man, this is the annoying part of seeing the release of HT figures. Its one thing to point out inconsistencies, but when you have a magnificent figure and basically point out that slight consistency as the reason to presume the figure is crap is the most idiotic thing in this forum. I can totally understand on the Indiana Jones, $250 figure and the resemlance is little.

This is not the case in this, its a beautiful figure. Great outfit, great base, great sculpt...and to say its crap cause you might need to tweak the nose by a little...geez....Seriously, its pretty easy, if you guys dont like it, just dont buy it. :cuckoo:

For being as hated as the movie is, you sure as hell have a tough time finding a decently-priced 2-in-1 SR Supes from Hot Toys, now that I think about it. I had to pay out the rear for mine.

Interesting. I guess I just bought Routh being muscular more than I did Tobey Maguire. :lol

Yeah, was suprised myself cause Routh didnt look like he needed it cause he got really big for the role. Tobey definitely needed it :lolthough

when you have a magnificent figure and basically point out that slight consistency as the reason to presume the figure is crap is the most idiotic thing in this forum.

The funny part is, people crying about the slightest inconsistency in a $200 figure will gladly pay upwards of $500 for a custom sculpt that, when painted, looks barely better than a Mattel effort. There are maybe 2 sculptors here (I'm not going into any further details) that can match HT's work on this guy, and maybe 1 painter. To have the full sculpt done and painted, it would cost 2-3 times what this figure does.

But, because it's custom work, it's SO TOTALLY WORTH IT OMG PERFECT HT EAT YOUR HEART OUT.

Ridiculous.

Yeah.

I'm not 100% sold on the sculpt, but if it ships like that i'd be satisfied.

(don't give a ____ about shades of blue)

People are so spoiled now, I can't believe there's so much controversy over the sculpt.

I think we forget sometimes that perfection isn't possible in an action figure. It's just not. This is as close to Christopher Reeve as we'll probably ever get in a mass-produced item. If you think a custom job is better, good for you. In overall quality, it still won't match HT's production job, no matter how thick your blinders are.

Go look at 1/6 figures from 5 years ago, if not even 3 years ago, then come back. Maybe then you'll realize how far we've come and how spoiled you are.

Yeah.

I'm not 100% sold on the sculpt, but if it ships like that i'd be satisfied.

(don't give a ____ about shades of blue)

:exactly:

I read some of N-bombs reaction to the folks criticizing therefore, I decided not to read all the back post. I gathered many folks posting dislikes which I didn't feel like reading. I assume the suit color is an area of question. I like it regardless the inaccuracies. :dunno

This is not the case in this, its a beautiful figure. Great outfit, great base, great sculpt...and to say its crap cause you might need to tweak the nose by a little...geez....Seriously, its pretty easy, if you guys dont like it, just dont buy it. :cuckoo:

The reasons people nit pick at hot toys and ths sculpt (in my OWN opinion):

1. The prices arent getting any cheaper. If the price is going up then so has the overall quality.

2. For the amount of money your paying its really not much to ask for the face to actually look perfect. Even if its a nose job lol its worth it because it makes you appreciate what you have bought !

3. There are figures made by HT's that have better likeness, have a lot of accessories and are actually worth it. Supes will be bought if his likness is off or not and thats the worst part because HT's knows this and something can be done !

Still I will wait for official pics and re-evaluate, I still have faith in Hot Toys !

P.S for the people saying dont buy it if you dont like it....Hot Toys are the number one collectable toy company out their and if they make a mistake then they need to be told, otherwise they will carry on like everythings fine and the next thing you know Hot Toys will be aiming for a kids toy demographic ! We are the ones purchasing your product, if we don't like it and you cant do anything about it then adios amigo ! Sorry but i've been watching Gordon Ramseys Kitchen Nightmare and a lot of people think think they serve the best food until Gordon comes and shows them what real food tastes like...same thing here..we are showing them what it should look like, listen and your customers will be pleased and you will have repeat customers, simple business that even I know about !

Last edited:
That thing is so damn good. I'm sure he'll look even better in hi-res official pics. Can't say I'm surprised at some of the responses.

Why did toyworld leak it? that steals Hot Toys thunder... it's like wanting to watch the DVD and people tell you the plot before you go to watch. I hate that.

Do you know what? I saw this comment earlier, but it's not till now that I fully understand where you are coming from. This figure should have had a top quality preview. This drip, drip preview has not done the figure any favours. Nam said to me on another Thread that this should have been showcased at a SDCC or some other con, and have to say I agree with him

I work in the printing industry so I can tell you that since these pics were taken from a printed piece that it wouldn't surprise me that is the reason why the color is off. Most of the time, to make color corrections on prints is Expensive.

So its safe to assume to just wait until we get the final pics to make judgment on that. We've already seen the teaser and it looked good on that. I bet it would look more like it.

1105242216796741ca4a901b0d.jpg

To me it looks kinda like the Superman returns presentation did,a little boy in a superman suit.Not sure if it is because of the sculpt or the body build but there is something that's off with this one.

But i won't judge it yet,ill wait for the full specs and pics.

To me it looks kinda like the Superman returns presentation did,a little boy in a superman suit.Not sure if it is because of the sculpt or the body build but there is something that's off with this one.

Doesn't your second statement contradict your first? :wink1:

1105242216796741ca4a901b0d.jpg

221618pfwxp1ay1dhkyyyc.jpg

Does this look like a little boy in a Superman costume too? Because I don't see it

It never ceases to amaze me the amout of whining you guys can generate in the DC section :lol

If you really dislike the 'errors' you are seeing with the figure, then put your money where you mouth is a NOT buy the figure. HT doesn't have to change a thing and you'll still buy it 'just because.' And if you do, you clearly didn't care enough about those errors or you wouldn't have still bought it. And you are just wasting everyone's time whining about it here.

And please take in mind, these are very crappy pics. The blue of the suit was correct in the OFFICALLY released teaser. So don't get your underoo panties in a bunch over the wrong shade of blue in bootlegged pics!

Take a bottle of chill pills guys and wait for the official pics and specs before you start whining your heads off!

It never ceases to amaze me the amout of whining you guys can generate in the DC section :lol

If you really dislike the 'errors' you are seeing with the figure, then put your money where you mouth is a NOT buy the figure. HT doesn't have to change a thing and you'll still buy it 'just because.' And if you do, you clearly didn't care enough about those errors or you wouldn't have still bought it. And you are just wasting everyone's time whining about it here.

And please take in mind, these are very crappy pics. The blue of the suit was correct in the OFFICALLY released teaser. So don't get your underoo panties in a bunch over the wrong shade of blue in bootlegged pics!

Take a bottle of chill pills guys and wait for the official pics and specs before you start whining your heads off!
:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back