Hot Toys new Superman teaser... he's coming guys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess will have to wait to see official pics but is this to much to ask to the people of HT?

attachment.php

From what I remember the teal color of the suit was so it wouldnt conflict with the blue screen filming for f/x added later.
Otherwise he wouldve worn a deeper truer blue.
Usually you see the teal look in still shots but in the movie they tried to color correct it in post production.
Whats the obsession about?

from the pics... looks like a true-type advance with a rubberized torso for the body.

though if the 300$ price tag is right.. perhaps an all new body?

I don't agree. Having a low budget so that you can only make a crappy looking version of a comic outfit vs. having talented costumers and money makes a world of difference. The Red Skull example is a great one, or you can see the eyesore JSA from Smallville, which is another example of low budgets leading to crappy looking characters. I suppose it is tricky making a comic hero look good in the real world, but that's not the same as saying that it can't work.

For some reason, people rarely make this argument about Spiderman or Superman, even though they are intrinsically no less silly-looking than any other character.

I hate the Spider-Man costumes from the first three. The webbing was garbage, and I didn't like the sculpted-on muscles.

As far as Superman goes...his is pretty much the easiest to use on-screen, because quite frankly he doesn't need anything fancy. I wasn't saying luthor's wrong, far from it...I just wanted to point out that 100% accuracy sometimes doesn't work as far as comic costumes on-screen go. Superman is the one exception that I can think of, because again he just doesn't need anything else.

I didn't have a problem with the updates to the suit in Superman Returns aside from wishing the emblem was larger, because the basics were still there. Do I wish the colors were brighter? Sure do. But they would have clashed with the palette of the film. I liked the addition of the seams to the outfit and the texturing, because it was more visually interesting to me.

Again, I'm not saying those changes needed to be made. They didn't. I just thought they looked good on film, and today's audience (not us old farts) needs more visual stimulation and may have a harder time accepting a guy in simple spandex.

From what I remember the teal color of the suit was so it wouldnt conflict with the blue screen filming for f/x added later.
Otherwise he wouldve worn a deeper truer blue.
Usually you see the teal look in still shots but in the movie they tried to color correct it in post production.
Whats the obsession about?

Nop no obsession just want this to be as close as possible, and what about the \S/? :dunno

I blame Fathers for Justice. Because of those potbellied, manboobed ____ers I now simply cannot accept plain spandex costumes on superheroes in movies.

As far as Superman goes...his is pretty much the easiest to use on-screen, because quite frankly he doesn't need anything fancy. I wasn't saying luthor's wrong, far from it...I just wanted to point out that 100% accuracy sometimes doesn't work as far as comic costumes on-screen go. Superman is the one exception that I can think of, because again he just doesn't need anything else.

I didn't have a problem with the updates to the suit in Superman Returns aside from wishing the emblem was larger, because the basics were still there. Do I wish the colors were brighter? Sure do. But they would have clashed with the palette of the film. I liked the addition of the seams to the outfit and the texturing, because it was more visually interesting to me.

:exactly:
Well put.

I was looking on Caped Wonder for a good pic of his serious face.

on_the_tracks1.jpg
1105242215d597a871f25b620e.jpg

And going by this picture I have to say Hot Toys' is perfect

Judging by these two pictures I would have to say Hot Toys did good, although overall, I'm not impressed by the likeness. I must admit that (with the little that has been released so far) I'm a bit let down. Not because of the figure but because I think I set myself up for something HUGE. Reading comment after comment "WE WANT SUPERMAN!" and all the talk in this forum made me imagine that the release of this figure would be monumental but it appears that it's just another release (nothing wrong with that really). I just expected SO much more. In the end we got no DX, not a "perfect" likeness (in my opinion) and will likely not get the right tone of blue for the uniform.

With all that being said I am looking forward to the official release. I dying to see more of this and to get the real price. As it is now, it's outrageous. Sounds like they want to cash in in the hype while not delivering on something EPIC. Seriously, I need more info asap! I hate making these hasty judgments!

Also, take a moment to remember Christopher Reeve and the great man that he was. He will forever be remembered as the real,one and only Superman and also a Superman in real life.

CW-REEVE-DREAMS-2.jpg

Nop no obsession just want this to be as close as possible, and what about the \S/? :dunno

As close as possible to which?
The movie or the still shots?
He seemed bluer on screen due to post production color futzing imo.

Yeah, the "S" shield isnt accurate. But I actually think the HT version looks better. Sorry.
I never liked the way it looked in the movies.

$300 would be crazy. In the Fanside interview, Arnie hinted that this didn't end up being a DX because they felt like they needed it to be cheaper so that more people could afford it. So I highly doubt it will be anything close to that.

from the pics... looks like a true-type advance with a rubberized torso for the body.

though if the 300$ price tag is right.. perhaps an all new body?

Yeah, the "S" shield isnt accurate. But I actually think the HT version looks better. Sorry.

That's Blasphemy Rex. Best be careful or someone will kick you into a hole.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BezQ6orIALk&NR=1"]YouTube - ‪This Is Sparta original clip‬‏[/ame]

That the problem my friend figures made from a motion picture with this huge costs and extreme details needs to be SCREEN ACCURATE you probably are ok with this release but the hype (yeah that we all created here and btw most of the collectors around the world wanted) docent mesh with this release, i expected more, i respect youre opinion, and ill wait for the final pics hoping HT prove me wrong, still when you see a DX Sparrow you wondered if they take more time or hired another sculptor to do this how would it be?:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back