Hot Toys Predator: Jungle Hunter 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@asgardianboy Currently I have only 3 HT preds: Berserker, Tracker which have the same body, and Classic which has different body mold.
These 2 body mold have a similiar poorly designed thigh joint, in my case all three have cracked thigh joint over time and mine are only displayed, never fall from shelves or anything.
My berserker and classic still able to stand without base but the thigh is very loose because of these cracked problems, the tracker.. will split without the standbase 🤣

Oh man...... :-(
No fix for that cracking thigh joint?
I also assume you mean the joint between the leg and the torso. Correct? That should be one thick joint, man..... how on Earth could that crack so easily???
My Dutch & Billy came both w/ broken knees. Easily fixable. Never happened again in newer figs from HT. But those predes are from HT mature era, when technical problems were long gone..... were they?
LMK
THx.

Oh man...... :-(
No fix for that cracking thigh joint?
I also assume you mean the joint between the leg and the torso. Correct? That should be one thick joint, man..... how on Earth could that crack so easily???
My Dutch & Billy came both w/ broken knees. Easily fixable. Never happened again in newer figs from HT. But those predes are from HT mature era, when technical problems were long gone..... were they?
LMK
THx.

Yep, that joint, It's hard to explain, but those are ball joint which connect to swivel joint at the thigh. This swivel part is such a thin plastic which hold a heavy-ass predator leg against the ball joint from the torso.
What I mean the easily cracked part are those swivel.
I don't think it's hard to repair it, for a veteran customizer out there

I just take a photo from the cracked part, Classic has the similiar joint, but it's hard to see from because of the netting, so I take the pic from berserker
IMG20240727201231.jpg

I see.
By what I see, it seems the exact same design on every HT figure. HT figures are not that fragile, so there are 2 choices: the design does not scale well to bigger figures (can't support the stress), or plastic used was bad. The 2nd case has a possible solution, a 3D printed spare, but not a resin one, but an (ABS?) plastic one, printed w/ an extrusion printer. That kind of 3D printed parts look bad, & you might have to polish it so that it articulates well, but since it is going to be hidden, nobody will notice & you'll be safe in the looks department.

But if it is the design that is bad, we are all doomed.

My P2 Elder Predator had the cracked thigh joint issue too. You could actually stand the figure up if you were careful but one knock and the figure would collapse over.

Ended up selling it purely because of that, it was a great looking figure tough.

Out of curiosity, could you please provide a link to those complaints?

I bought a MISB Classic few months back, never took it off the box. What is that thigh joint problem all about?? You scared the **** off me now.... :-(

My humble 2c on this release:

1) If you talk to new generations, they have lots and lots of crappy post-80s movies to get sidetracked by. The other day a 30-something (but already w/ gray hair to show) put the SW OT and Rogue One in the same level. Righ on my face. Had to shut the **** up & keep smiling, not willing to start a war after that casus belli. What's all this for? I say this because, as already implied on this thread, and as Hot Toys managers might be absolutely certain about (hence the ludicrous half assed offering), there might just be very (too) few of us, discerning Predator fans, who really know good flicks from bad ones, and hence are really interested in (ie. willing to shell out pretty penny for) a properly made JP, or even a JP at all. There are just too few of us out there. HT has the raw data pointing to that, hence this crappy outing.

2) Then there is us, the few ones, scattered on boards where we just moan in pain because of this awful pseudo-proto, instead of confronting HT in an organized way, on some real-pain-inflicting front such as social media, which would be the only way to have HT change its ways. Somebody has talked about plenty of rejection for this mockup JH on social media. It won't be enough, as the only feedback HT really listens to is money. But then again, if we don't buy, they won't understand their offering was too lazy. They will understand demand is too low & kill the licence. As you already know, HT is a blind, deaf & stupid behemoth that does not actually care about these Western franchises beyond the profits it makes off them.

3) If you are on this board, that means that you want articulation. Period. No statues. That is for some other board. So, let's be coherent. We want articulation, interactivity, the capability to co-author the aesthetics of a figural art display by being able to decide on the figure's pose to the maximum extent possible. Add that to the unaffordability of this hobby these days (especially for bigger fellows like the preds) & to the EMPIRICAL FACT that rubber/silicone unavoidably decay over time until their total & ugly self-distruction, & there is absolutely no logical reason at all for anyone on here to be lobbying for seamless bodies. So let's sober up & keep clear in our minds that today's smiles (those fancy Wolvering & Carnage(?) painted rubber bodies) will become tears in 2, 3, 4, 5 years time (to the benefit of HT, and our own loss). Let's also remember the likes of ED-209 (v1 & v2) and all those rotting TBLeague bodies in the last couple of years. Then let's remember how much these things cost, then start again.

4) With the rubber issue already out of the way, there is little for me to say. Certainly, the JH sould be much bigger/more accurate (those spikes on his face....!!!), have LED lights on its forearm computer, metal parts, real leather parts, reinforced articulations and all the bell & whistles SW and Marvel do get. A Dutch to go with should be also provided. No rubber btw, for it decays over time, leaving you with NOTHING AT ALL after you shell out A TONE OF MONEY.

Thx.

I'm not going to post links as there are several pages and groups with people complaining.

Some are complaining on HT own Facebook page.

Groups like One Sixth Republic, Collector Base, One Sixth Society. Pretty much anywhere people have shared the news I've read complaints.

Out of curiosity, could you please provide a link to those complaints?

I bought a MISB Classic few months back, never took it off the box. What is that thigh joint problem all about?? You scared the **** off me now.... :-(

My humble 2c on this release:

1) If you talk to new generations, they have lots and lots of crappy post-80s movies to get sidetracked by. The other day a 30-something (but already w/ gray hair to show) put the SW OT and Rogue One in the same level. Righ on my face. Had to shut the **** up & keep smiling, not willing to start a war after that casus belli. What's all this for? I say this because, as already implied on this thread, and as Hot Toys managers might be absolutely certain about (hence the ludicrous half assed offering), there might just be very (too) few of us, discerning Predator fans, who really know good flicks from bad ones, and hence are really interested in (ie. willing to shell out pretty penny for) a properly made JP, or even a JP at all. There are just too few of us out there. HT has the raw data pointing to that, hence this crappy outing.

2) Then there is us, the few ones, scattered on boards where we just moan in pain because of this awful pseudo-proto, instead of confronting HT in an organized way, on some real-pain-inflicting front such as social media, which would be the only way to have HT change its ways. Somebody has talked about plenty of rejection for this mockup JH on social media. It won't be enough, as the only feedback HT really listens to is money. But then again, if we don't buy, they won't understand their offering was too lazy. They will understand demand is too low & kill the licence. As you already know, HT is a blind, deaf & stupid behemoth that does not actually care about these Western franchises beyond the profits it makes off them.

3) If you are on this board, that means that you want articulation. Period. No statues. That is for some other board. So, let's be coherent. We want articulation, interactivity, the capability to co-author the aesthetics of a figural art display by being able to decide on the figure's pose to the maximum extent possible. Add that to the unaffordability of this hobby these days (especially for bigger fellows like the preds) & to the EMPIRICAL FACT that rubber/silicone unavoidably decay over time until their total & ugly self-distruction, & there is absolutely no logical reason at all for anyone on here to be lobbying for seamless bodies. So let's sober up & keep clear in our minds that today's smiles (those fancy Wolvering & Carnage(?) painted rubber bodies) will become tears in 2, 3, 4, 5 years time (to the benefit of HT, and our own loss). Let's also remember the likes of ED-209 (v1 & v2) and all those rotting TBLeague bodies in the last couple of years. Then let's remember how much these things cost, then start again.

4) With the rubber issue already out of the way, there is little for me to say. Certainly, the JH sould be much bigger/more accurate (those spikes on his face....!!!), have LED lights on its forearm computer, metal parts, real leather parts, reinforced articulations and all the bell & whistles SW and Marvel do get. A Dutch to go with should be also provided. No rubber btw, for it decays over time, leaving you with NOTHING AT ALL after you shell out A TONE OF MONEY.

Thx.
Agree with you, but SW is eighties too, it gets plenty of resources thrown at it by HT because it appeals to a larger fan base.
Pred, Terminator and Alien fans, and there are a lot of us out there on many platforms (even the rpf) don't quite reach that broader appeal that SW has worldwide, so HT probably feel like they can short change us and we will still snap it up because it's something from the franchise at least. I'm looking at you Robocop 3!
But they will have to wow me to get any interest in spending a crap load of money on a reuse figure, and so far it's 'move along ' Hot toys

Seeing Rzeznikk's awesome custom Predator 1 Predator in the "Classsic Predator" thread ( https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...edator-collectible-figure.98227/post-11041432 ) makes me incredibly sad given the fear that Hot Toys might really end up re-releasing the old Classic Predator (just with a new base). Just the issues with the headscale alone:

View attachment 716179

View attachment 716177
See this though gives me hope in the aftermarket community. I have messaged the seller and hes doing more head sculpts later in the year but this stuff right here is AWESOME. Fixing what HT won't do.

Yessss now I want to see a new Dutch deluxe or whatever with his commando look and then his muddy hunting look from the end

Yeah, my collection is sorely lacking Terminator and Predator figures, but if all we get is re-issues I'm not gonna bother. I'm not paying 2024 prices for a 2014 figure.
Looking at NECA, they are re-releasing figures from 2004, with 2024 prices....

They(HOT TOYS) very much need to update that Predator. I was able to get that Predators Version for 200 dollars last year. Hot Toy will re-release that thing for 300 dollars...and makes no sense other than profit. But update the sculpt and accuracy. Make it perfect. Would be nice to get a cannon effect like NECA.

HOT TOYS will re-release Predator, but no Arnold(Who knows) because they would have to pay Arnold's likeness...while Predator, you do not. That is kind of why NECA keeps releasing Predators, and Aliens over and over, but not the human characters.

I think DUTCH would require a NEW seamless body or at least an upper body. My dutch legs are loose and I suspect broken because of the cheap hot toys plastic at the time. The upper body, the metal skeleton as broken through the silicone.

That head is good, but needs an update..but who knows with Hot Toys.

Back