Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - Official Specs and Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

I'll take P2 first as I don't own anything P2!:gah:

It might turn out a good thing you waited. HT P2 is just OK while P1 is good. I got the HT P2 hoping it might help me on my P2 but it was off on every aspect of the figure. It's In the ball park but the body looks more shinny than the P1 even though it's not really. I kind of wish I waited and the mask is a sculpting mess. I hope they redo him soon because I kind of have the P2 bug right now. Waiting sucks and HT seems to not mind taking their time. I can't believe no battle damage T2 yet. Oh well coll stuff to look forward too. I hope HT will go a 200+ dollar mark because the old one really doesn't have a very good paint job. I don't mind paying more to get more. Looks like Shadow and classic have big step up on the paint. One big improvement and it's big in my book is now the dreads look way better than the older ones. Everyone at work laughs at my 2 HT Predators with their crazed out angle dreads. They do look kind of goofy but I still like the figures and the articulation is fun but HT new style just looks right even if some articulation is now history.

^ Just wait for the P2 LSB, looks very nice..

I got into this game late, but I did manage to pick up a BD P2 about a year ago for $400 usd, which is a steal now-a-days. They're good if you do have one just because they're good for a just-in-caser if you need some quick money, but looking at the newer Preds they look more and more toy-like with each new release. I honestly hope they do revisit the entire P2 line they've already produced, because when I saw the Shadow Pred my first thought was "that's what the P2 body should have looked like, not the spray-on tan version we got".

And yes, that P2 LSB looks like it's going to kick freaking tail :rock

HT P1 is off on just about every detail and really I just wish they would remake it like this new classic which is a much better accurate figure than the P1. They really did a great job on this new one and even did all the detail to nail the Predators classic. Thank God it looks very Kevin like and I'll get it thinking Predator even though the detail is classic. The backpack on all the armor on HT P1 is more P2 like with a rough look to it. It would be great if HT just said in a year or two OK lets just remake our P1. To get a great accurate P1 though HT will need to redo the backpack, hands, feet and most all of the armor. Will they do it is the big Q?
meh, i'm still not convinced they're gonna remake any preds any time soon. they're damned expensive to produce and they only sell if they're made in limited quantities. the incentive just isn't there while HT is making all their $$ from Batman and Iron Man now.

but i do agree this one has better proportions even if it doesn't look much like the pred in the movie. it's too skinny and the mask is the wrong shape. at least it's a step in the right direction and it's still a pretty cool figure.
^ Just wait for the P2 LSB, looks very nice..
this is my token reaction every time i see a bust.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob8N7H6qi4I"]‪Old Guy and a Midget‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

A couple more:

5964676602_24e97382e0_b.jpg

5964119331_84d375a2d4_b.jpg

Can i just ask... why people are wanting a remake of elder pred 2???

I read how people are wanting a P1 remake and also a P2 elder....

WTF is wrong with the elder.. is he not the MOST ACCURATE hot toys predator out of all ???? his head sculpt is the best... i dont get what u guys have with it... i reckon he is DEF THE BEST.. l:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

WTF is wrong with the elder.. is he not the MOST ACCURATE hot toys predator out of all ???? his head sculpt is the best... i dont get what u guys have with it... i reckon he is DEF THE BEST.. l:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Some people aren't happy with the old body design. Some people aren't happy with anything and never will be. :dunno

so they could get it at a much lower price compare to the first one

I got into this game late, but I did manage to pick up a BD P2 about a year ago for $400 usd, which is a steal now-a-days. They're good if you do have one just because they're good for a just-in-caser if you need some quick money, but looking at the newer Preds they look more and more toy-like with each new release. I honestly hope they do revisit the entire P2 line they've already produced, because when I saw the Shadow Pred my first thought was "that's what the P2 body should have looked like, not the spray-on tan version we got".

And yes, that P2 LSB looks like it's going to kick freaking tail :rock
I remember when I got my BD P2.

.....For $130 :lol

so they could get it at a much lower price compare to the first one

:exactly:
I think they want a remake of P2 Elder so that they can own one at a cheaper price. Very few people can afford $800-$1000 bucks on ebay for the current P2 Elder.

because they missed out on the first one and they don't wanna pay ebay prices.
i have it, and it is anything but accurate. the head sculpt is the only decent thing about the whole figure. just about everything else is off. hell, it isn't even the right color.

i'd love a modern update of this guy. there's plenty of room for improvement. but i really don't think that's gonna happen unless another company gets the license.

Same situation with the AVP Predators. They're the prizes of my collection and while I love 'em all, what's not to like about an upgraded body, more realistic paint apps, weathered armor, and a better headsculpt?

Mostly because of people like you that don't won't it redone because you're afraid it'll kill the resale value of yours.
I remember when I got my BD P2.

.....For $130 :lol
I told ya, late start :pfft:

Mostly because of people like you that don't won't it redone because you're afraid it'll kill the resale value of yours.

I told ya, late start :pfft:

Na , see thats where your wrong, cos i love the head sculpt of elder and i actually dont buy hot toys so i can make money and sell them later.. i love keeping them for display and i wont buy one unless i know il keep it.

i wouldnt sell my elder even if they remade one again.. i would have both... NO PREDATOR HT has THE FACE ACCURACY LIKE THE ELDER P2.

the ebay prices are DEF ridiculous... so that the only reason y i would understand the need for a remake.. but the elder himself when posed right looks AMAZING.. HE has the best "stare" !

Okay he has one good feature. I think he would look way better on the new body, a revamped and more accurate head and overall better accessories. Better as in sculpt and material wise.

what price will be on this new classic predator ? the $200 to $250 anyone know?:stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back