Hot Toys Predators Royce MMS131 (with full specs and pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you choose Neca Berserker over HT one?

imagine they are both free but you can choose only one.

I'm the type of person who would choose both too. I don't mind Ht or NECA both great. My only major criticism with NECA is the non removable mask. Which means I have to buy two different figures. I have little space to display them so I don't want to have multiples of the same character. One ends up in a box and in the end it bumps the extremely cheap price up to quite costly just for two displaying options with one figure. However, thats just my situation

I was going to buy the Neca Berzerker and Classic Pred for my computer table, but figured the $40 or so they would cost after tax would be better spent on my next HT purchase. For what they are, the Neca pieces aren't bad.

On topic, my Royce arrived today, and is about to be removed from his package. Yes!!

I considered and even now still consider just being happy with the NECA berserker as my representative of that guy in my collection and cancelling my HT order. :dunno I love NECA figures and that scale. I wouldn't ever conceive of dumping them. I wouldn't have any doubts about the HT Berserker if not for the disappointing (to say the least) bait&switch tactics HT pulled and the fact that theres just so many other figures I want and will want that I could use the money on.

Well, regardless, right now my HT Berserker order stands.

I really love my Royce... I was more excited for him than the awesome predators. I just thought Adrien Brodey was such a cool choice for this... such an interesting actor to play an action hero... i really like the figure.

Predators was such an awesome movie... for the life of me I don;t understand why it's not sitting at a 7.2 or something on IMDB and not a lousy 6.6 :(

I really love my Royce... I was more excited for him than the awesome predators. I just thought Adrien Brodey was such a cool choice for this... such an interesting actor to play an action hero... i really like the figure.

Predators was such an awesome movie... for the life of me I don;t understand why it's not sitting at a 7.2 or something on IMDB and not a lousy 6.6 :(

It's a 10.0 on BBMDB.

It's not a valid question.

They're two VERY different types of collectibles.

Each with their good and bad points.

Yup agreed on that point. But I guess the initial question was not about what was better, but if you had both, had to throw away one, which would you throw away. Or, if you have neither, and could have one of them for free, which would you choose :lol

Yup agreed on that point. But I guess the initial question was not about what was better, but if you had both, had to throw away one, which would you throw away. Or, if you have neither, and could have one of them for free, which would you choose :lol

Well OK in fairness this is where money matters. I couldn't throw away something I spent $200 on regardless of my love for NECAs stuff. As to the latter question, thats a bit tougher since you're not in a position to miss what you didn't have in the first place. In that case maybe I'd choose to have a smaller more accurate Predator than a bigger one that took liberties. Thats just me in this particular case, having no major attachment to the predators from Predators I don't necessarily have to possess a high-end piece.

perfect for a bear grylls custom figure.

Bear Grylls...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3UpSlpvb1is?fs=1&hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3UpSlpvb1is?fs=1&hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

perfect for a bear grylls custom figure.

YES!

I've been thinking that for months!

Would you choose Neca Berserker over HT one?

imagine they are both free but you can choose only one.

I'd choose hot toys, know why? I could sell it to some sorry chap for $200 and I could buy both masked and unmasked NECA berserkers, and make a sweet profit to get the rest of all the necas with :rotfl

That being said, I think they really nailed royce. It's just I have no use for him with no proper predators in scale with him, and I'm not about to shell out $200 on a predator that isn't spot-on to the movie counterpart.

Last edited:
Hot Toys, hands down. :yess:

That wasn't a surprise.

Well, I'd get the HT one as well, just so I can flip it over for big $$$ and buy some more worthy stuff in the future (or even the past figures like P2 or Robocop or something).

901_royce.jpg

902_royce.jpg

903_royce.jpg

904_royce.jpg

905_royce.jpg

906_royce.jpg

907_royce.jpg

908_royce.jpg

909_royce.jpg

910_royce.jpg

Great set of photos from the Toy Haven Blog.

Back