1/6 Hot Toys Romero Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can think what you want. But if you think Hot Toys wouldn't mass produce it in an IronManMinute if it was as sure profit for them as you would like to believe, it would have have been produced a year ago. They have the license. You have to ask yourself why it hasn't come out nearly 3 years (I think) after the proto debuted. Because they want to tease or piss customers off? If the demand doesn't meet their price point , it won't happen.

No demand = No production. It's simple.

There was plenty of demand for the car when SS had the car in the "coming soon" pages where fans there left LOTS of comments asking when is the car coming. I admit the figures had low sales, because not everybody can just dish out $450, so maybe they didn't want the figures, just the car. Just a theory. I understand HT won't risk making something unless there's a sure profit to be made. But this the 66 batmobile where collectors have paid much moola for the 4 original cars that were actually in the show. So how can a 1/6 Hot Toys Batmobile be a fail for them. No way.

There was plenty of demand for the car when SS had the car in the "coming soon" pages where fans there left LOTS of comments asking when is the car coming. I admit the figures had low sales, because not everybody can just dish out $450, so maybe they didn't want the figures, just the car. Just a theory. I understand HT won't risk making something unless there's a sure profit to be made. But this the 66 batmobile where collectors have paid much moola for the 4 original cars that were actually in the show. So how can a 1/6 Hot Toys Batmobile be a fail for them. No way.

Like that 1/12 $700 Bat thing was a sure profit maker :lol

I still think it will get made eventually (next few years) it's just not a priority like the new DC, SW and Marvel stuff. If i don't see it up for PO by 2020 i'll give up

If we're being honest, Hot Toys probably shouldn't be making vehicles, period. This hobby is niche enough already, and the percentage of the population; hell, even just the geek population, doesn't strike me as being a particularly huge margin of people. When you factor in the amount of space these things take up and the large amounts of money they cost, I can only imagine that, when they are successful, they're only moderately so, and, combined with R&D, production costs, and all of those factors the "experts" consistently point to as being reasons why this thing can't happen, I can't imagine that any of them are even worth the trouble.

'89 Batmobile, the Delorean, The Tumbler, "The Bat;" at the end of the day, all of these things strike me as being vanity projects. Objects Howard uses to flex his creative muscles and say "look what my company can accomplish." Hell, look at the Nicholson likeness rights. In terms of cost vs. profit, I can only imagine that was probably a bigger blunder than this ever could be. All that money spent and they squander it on what? Two figures? One of which only appears for, maybe, 30 seconds, in the entire film. So, when people say "it's not profitable" or "it's cost preventative," I take that as being a steaming crock of ****. This wouldn't be the first time HT took a loss and it won't be the last, so, why not buy some goodwill with those fans who've stuck it out this long and get some added exposure and potential new customers from all that inevitable press the geek sites will have for this "awesome, huge new Batmobile?"

If you can devote time, money, and resources to creating 1/6th scale Bats, TIE Fighters, and Millenium Falcons that are completely devoid of potential for mass production and life-size statues that probably sell less than 100 units each, you can make this damn car.

If we're being honest, Hot Toys probably shouldn't be making vehicles, period. This hobby is niche enough already, and the percentage of the population; hell, even just the geek population, doesn't strike me as being a particularly huge margin of people. When you factor in the amount of space these things take up and the large amounts of money they cost, I can only imagine that, when they are successful, they're only moderately so, and, combined with R&D, production costs, and all of those factors the "experts" consistently point to as being reasons why this thing can't happen, I can't imagine that any of them are even worth the trouble.

'89 Batmobile, the Delorean, The Tumbler, "The Bat;" at the end of the day, all of these things strike me as being vanity projects. Objects Howard uses to flex his creative muscles and say "look what my company can accomplish." Hell, look at the Nicholson likeness rights. In terms of cost vs. profit, I can only imagine that was probably a bigger blunder than this ever could be. All that money spent and they squander it on what? Two figures? One of which only appears for, maybe, 30 seconds, in the entire film. So, when people say "it's not profitable" or "it's cost preventative," I take that as being a steaming crock of ****. This wouldn't be the first time HT took a loss and it won't be the last, so, why not buy some goodwill with those fans who've stuck it out this long and get some added exposure and potential new customers from all that inevitable press the geek sites will have for this "awesome, huge new Batmobile?"

If you can devote time, money, and resources to creating 1/6th scale Bats, TIE Fighters, and Millenium Falcons that are completely devoid of potential for mass production and life-size statues that probably sell less than 100 units each, you can make this damn car.

Well said. Totally agree with you and I said the same thing. How much did Howard spend to build that 1:6 falcon? And also resources and money on two life size Afleck bats. But those do not appear to be potential production or shipping issues. You would think Howard would be worried about low demand for those life size figures, but he thinks thier is a low demand for the 66 batmobile?

Kuat of Kuat: I want figures!

afattori: I want the Batmobile!

Me:

post-30381-Is-it-too-much-to-ask-for-both-zyJv.gif

In all honesty, though, it really all depends on what we're talking about. Romero, Craig, and Newmar? Eh, maybe. Everyone's clamoring for the female characters, and that's to be expected, because they were gorgeous women in gorgeous costumes and, arguably, as iconic as West or Ward. That being said, people seem to lose sight of the fact that Hot Toys can be incredibly hit and miss when it comes to their female releases.

When you factor in the likeness, hair, body, and costume, ultimately, it seems like there's more potential for them to screw them up than to deliver amazing quality figures. I want to be proven wrong, and I hope they do, but I'm not going to put all my eggs in a basket that could turn out to be covered in piss. Whereas, with the Batmobile, we have a pretty solid prototype to go by, and, if the final product turned out even half as good, it'd probably be worth it.

Now, if we're talking Gorshin and Meredith along with Newmar, Craig, and Romero, then, maybe, we're talking. Out of curiosity, would anyone be averse to HT offering a smaller offering as a sort of compromise and, perhaps, as a way to test the waters? I'd be down for a Batcycle with the side car if they did one.

...to add Romero Joker only as of now and possibly Catwoman and Batgirl.

Not to stop the conversation back and forth but has there been talk about a Catwoman and Batgirl or is this fan speculation?

There's been rumors. A big Batman fan talked to a Hot Toys executive and he said they were considering making them. I'm not too sure, though. Everything they've done or shown so far has been movie-related, and a Newmar Catwoman and Batgirl would have to be from the TV series. Still, who knows? I'd be thrilled if the rumors were true.

:goodpost:
Yeah...there is a such thing in retail called Loss Leaders. I think the Batmobile could fit the bill.

:goodpost:
Yeah...there is a such thing in retail called Loss Leaders. I think the Batmobile could fit the bill.

But is Hot Toys, which is far from a fledgling company at this point, really struggling with attracting customers, publicity, or prestige...? Blitzway is not on as many radars so they could definitely reap the benefits of some great press from an Ecto 1 that loses them money...not sure if Hot Toys needs to do that at this stage in their development...

But is Hot Toys, which is far from a fledgling company at this point, really struggling with attracting customers, publicity, or prestige...? Blitzway is not on as many radars so they could definitely reap the benefits of some great press from an Ecto 1 that loses them money...not sure if Hot Toys needs to do that at this stage in their development...

Blitzway will put themselves on the map big-time with ecto 1. Hopefully we see it at NYCC. Maybe this will push Hot Toys ego to release the 66.

Back