1/6 Hot Toys Romero Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's officially been a year and no sign of this being up for pre-order. I was really hoping Hot Toys would give us this, Penguin, the Riddler and Catwoman. As much as I love Hot Toys, I'm hoping another company like Blitzway will eventually pick up the license. Maybe then, we'd finally get a '66 Batmobile!

It'd be amazing if they did more characters from this series. It would have been spectacular if they had released the Batmobile (I had saved up for it). But, if they never release anything else, I'm still happy to have Batman & Robin. There are some characters from properties that are so quintessential, that they don't need the other characters around them. Where you can own just a couple of characters, instead of the whole line. Batman & Robin are an example of that. They stand alone on the shelf really well...
Cell PHone pic:
West&Ward.JPG

Would be nice if blitzway picked up the license, especially the 66 batmobile. If ecto 1 sells well, maybe will light a fire under Howards a$$. Pathetic no Romero Joker, but get a damn porcelain stormtrooper. WTH?!!

It'd be amazing if they did more characters from this series. It would have been spectacular if they had released the Batmobile (I had saved up for it). But, if they never release anything else, I'm still happy to have Batman & Robin. There are some characters from properties that are so quintessential, that they don't need the other characters around them. Where you can own just a couple of characters, instead of the whole line. Batman & Robin are an example of that. They stand alone on the shelf really well...
Cell PHone pic:
View attachment 364263

Great pic. Yeah, I have them both as well, and they're awesome. I admit, I waited to purchase them because I was skeptical that they'd release the Batmobile. Then I received them as a gift. I suspect these characters would have sold better, if there was certainty that the line would be expanded. I tend to purchase series of 8 to 10 figures with the intention of filling a long, themed shelf: Star Wars, horror themed, anime... A Batman '66 shelf would have been epic.

Either that, or if Hot Toys consistently released movie and TV heroes from the '60s, 70's and 80's, I'd have done that. So far, it's just been Christopher Reeve's Superman, Batman and Robin. If there was a Linda Carter Wonder Woman, Lou Ferrigno Hulk, Electric Company Spider-Man, Greatest American Hero, Green Hornet and Kato, Diabolik etc., they could have been promoted as a series, and many collectors would have purchased all of them. I think Hot Toys missed an opportunity, either way.

If I were working for Blitzway, I'd consider beating Hot Toys to the I.P. and making a retro live-action heroes line.

Well, it's officially been a year and no sign of this being up for pre-order. I was really hoping Hot Toys would give us this, Penguin, the Riddler and Catwoman. As much as I love Hot Toys, I'm hoping another company like Blitzway will eventually pick up the license. Maybe then, we'd finally get a '66 Batmobile!

Yeah HT got their fat @sses on all these licences. :gah: I wish they would sell them on. They only seem interested in SW & Marvel stuff now.

Atleast we know the Romero Joker is still coming. Somebody will do the batmobile one day

The only thing we know for sure that is coming is more Iron Man and Stormtrooper variants.

I need more teacup patterns damn it.

Batman and Robin are two of my all time favorite figures...this would have been right up there with them...let's face facts though...this figure is not going to be released...EVER...

The only thing we know for sure that is coming is more Iron Man and Stormtrooper variants.

I need more teacup patterns damn it.

It does puzzle me as to why the Iron Man and Stormtrooper variants get made... I know they are popular characters and good sellers for HT... but I'm sure Joker is one of their better sellers too... the Batman and Robin may not have sold as well as they hoped, but I bet they sold more than all but the major Avengers characters, besides, even if I were a collector of IM or SW figures, i'd only want proper representations of them and not ridiculous chinese water-pattern armour etc.

It does puzzle me as to why the Iron Man and Stormtrooper variants get made... I know they are popular characters and good sellers for HT... but I'm sure Joker is one of their better sellers too... the Batman and Robin may not have sold as well as they hoped, but I bet they sold more than all but the major Avengers characters, besides, even if I were a collector of IM or SW figures, i'd only want proper representations of them and not ridiculous chinese water-pattern armour etc.

They must sell. It's supply and demand. They wouldn't keep doing it otherwise. Nice and cheap for them just doing repaints and using the same moulds.

I'm still hopeful this will get made one day, just realistic it won't be at the top of Howard's "to do" list.

You are amazed? Really?

Well, it's pretty easy to understand though:
- People will buy any crap from SW or IM
- Production costs: the molds already exist, they're just repaint
- High returns. Cheap to make but sold at the price of brand new items
- Stupid fans and buyers who will get anything they're fed.

HT would be crazy not to take advantage of suckers...

You are amazed? Really?

Well, it's pretty easy to understand though:
- People will buy any crap from SW or IM
- Production costs: the molds already exist, they're just repaint
- High returns. Cheap to make but sold at the price of brand new items
- Stupid fans and buyers who will get anything they're fed.

HT would be crazy not to take advantage of suckers...

Suckers = high returns on a proven business model

This will be put up for pre-order at some point. And it will be released 2 - 4 years after that because it's not a priority (not a current money making franchise). See Aliens and Back to the Future for reference.

Suckers = high returns on a proven business model

This will be put up for pre-order at some point. And it will be released 2 - 4 years after that because it's not a priority (not a current money making franchise). See Aliens and Back to the Future for reference.

I doubt they'll release it, but you may be right. Either way, much of the blame resides with the IP holders, who license these products seemingly without a deadline for release. I wonder how exclusive these licenses are. Can more than one company license the right to make 1/6 scale figures of the same character, or are these franchises licensed exclusive rights? Does anyone know how the licensing works?

I've been really impressed with the work Blitzway has been putting out, lately. Their Tyler Durden, Ghostbusters and Hannibal figures look amazing. Looking at the Ecto-1, I'm really hoping they try making the Batmobile Hot Toys bailed on. Maybe the increased competition will force Hot Toys to be more vigilante in releasing the IP they've picked up, but all that may be a moot point if they have exclusive rights to franchises, like Batman '66.

A year ago, I'd have been with Kara and said this thing was dead as a door nail, but the fact that we've seen not only the 5-year old Arkham Asylum Joker, but two Arkham Knight figures that were never even hinted at going up for Pre-Order a year after the game's release, I'm, at least, slightly more optimistic than I would've been. It happens when it happens, if it happens, and I tend not to worry otherwise. Didn't think we'd see another Nolan Quarter Scale Figure this long after the QS 001, let alone two, either, and that happened.:lol

I doubt they'll release it, but you may be right. Either way, much of the blame resides with the IP holders, who license these products seemingly without a deadline for release. I wonder how exclusive these licenses are. Can more than one company license the right to make 1/6 scale figures of the same character, or are these franchises licensed exclusive rights? Does anyone know how the licensing works?

I've been really impressed with the work Blitzway has been putting out, lately. Their Tyler Durden, Ghostbusters and Hannibal figures look amazing. Looking at the Ecto-1, I'm really hoping they try making the Batmobile Hot Toys bailed on. Maybe the increased competition will force Hot Toys to be more vigilante in releasing the IP they've picked up, but all that may be a moot point if they have exclusive rights to franchises, like Batman '66.

As I understand it, HTs has the license for the '66 movie line. Not the TV series. I would venture to guess the TV license is more expensive cause there are more characters...F|_|ck it. It don't really matter. HTs is the only company remotely interested in this line in 1/6th and they are treating it like an unwanted stepchild.

With the way licenses are split up today, I'm sure some other company could make a case for getting it, at least in another region, but they haven't. Maybe sell it as a kit :huh Its amazing how the licenses are split based on minor details.

I still think somewhere down the line when we've all but given up hope we'll all be in shock when it appears for preorder. I've never bought a villain Hot Toy figure before but 100% anything from 66 Batman i'd be in for, I love these two figures and that Romero would compliment them so much!
Photo 03-09-2017, 11 33 46.jpg

If the 50th anniversary wasn't a great time to put these up, when would be a better time? Although the Joker scared the crap out of me as a kid, he is the most recognizable and sought after villain. Would be an instant buy for me and everyone I know who loves Batman.

Back