Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to bad this did not come with an extra sculpt a stern face. I`m just not feeling the smiling sculpt it`s very screen specific in shots but not always on the shelf. I hope my custom sculpt looks fantastic on this at least that way I could have choices.

to bad this did not come with an extra sculpt a stern face. I`m just not feeling the smiling sculpt it`s very screen specific in shots but not always on the shelf. I hope my custom sculpt looks fantastic on this at least that way I could have choices.

Totally agree. I’d have rather had two sculpts or just a neutral.
cad99ebd745ccfa73658206c59c4f8f9.jpg

I remember it was teased with a neutral. I mean I totally understand why they went with the grin as it is so in character of the Emperor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. I’d have rather had two sculpts or just a neutral.
cad99ebd745ccfa73658206c59c4f8f9.jpg

I remember it was teased with a neutral. I mean I totally understand why they went with the grin as it is so in character of the Emperor.

Robe looks good there at least.

Yeah the hood might not be quite as big as it should be, but it doesn't seem to hurt the overall look. And in a lot of the pics it looks like they didn't pull it forward as far as they should, probably to make it easier to light the face.

He looks very tall.

Probably one of two things. Directly next to Yoda looks taller than normal, at that point perhaps it was just a mockup, where custom length legs were made. We saw the arms are new, specific to this figure.

Anyway height seems fine now. it does seem like Eons ago when this picture was leaked.

I believe all those figures on his desk have now seen the light of day. We really need a new "leak" now.

Yeah the hood might not be quite as big as it should be, but it doesn't seem to hurt the overall look. And in a lot of the pics it looks like they didn't pull it forward as far as they should, probably to make it easier to light the face.

It's our luck the robe is very dark, any other color might have shown the smaller size. But still looks cool

has anyone cut the stitching that's holding the hood down? seems like youd get a more flowing more natural shape to work with without that hinderance.

I’ve considered removing the lining of the cloak

But first I going to try taking of this bulky outfit underneath ...

“Flowing more naturally”, and having the cloak be affected by the shape of his head, his shoulders, etc. is what is lacking here, it looks too much like a stiff outer structure to me

Awesome damn figure. If you love Star Wars and collect HT SW figs already, get ready to spend more money. 🤣
a8db4ac9b35b2b5e003d03bf5511964d.jpg
a67b436350ec19fc556ad4f9ef05f91c.jpg
1333a4009e720f05b3642a5def5fef66.jpg
584e35a01e2152273427a66021b95514.jpg

I can see a difference pretty much immediately, what it is that’s been bothering me is the hood to where the shoulders curve ratio, that’s why that photo of the prototype at Howard Chan’s office looks so good, and the in hand one it looks off, the hood appears to small. But by removing the under garment- under grey robe, I believe that it is improved:

cf1a82f89fe68382e85c516d8bbbec1b.jpg

403e33ef75b2f9e85fb2032909f6194e.png

9ba53e6b1e4c3e5525c6e8bf17f3bf9e.png
c1f799463131133151d0a348ea429f38.png

I’ve ordered the deluxe version but I’m thinking of displaying him standing with the chair in the background.
Does his feet touch the ground in his chair?
Can some one who has the figure display him sitting on upright on the edge of the chair?

I’ve ordered the deluxe version but I’m thinking of displaying him standing with the chair in the background.
Does his feet touch the ground in his chair?
Can some one who has the figure display him sitting on upright on the edge of the chair?

If you put his figure base in front of the chair then his feet look to touch that perfect, like it's the floor. Without the base they dangle. A few pages back there is a photo showing this.

It sucks but i will have to live without the chair, just too expensive. I had enough to cover it and deadpool but, i would rather have the extra money than be broke afterward.

Back