Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
00e28a0c2b5598982ccf1faf97b9c1e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outfit is ruined lol...

Awesome damn figure. If you love Star Wars and collect HT SW figs already, get ready to spend more money. ��
a8db4ac9b35b2b5e003d03bf5511964d.jpg
a67b436350ec19fc556ad4f9ef05f91c.jpg
1333a4009e720f05b3642a5def5fef66.jpg
584e35a01e2152273427a66021b95514.jpg

Yes! Finally some real pics, it seemed like a longer wait than usual. It always seems to fall on you to lead off the in hand pics/video without the washed out lighting that eradicates so much of the detail.

He’s looking phenomenal, except in the second pic where his feet are dangling off the chair like a baby’s ��

No, that will not do, some handyman skills are gonna be needed there.

Appreciate the great pics and can’t wait for the review!

Edit:
Well, I see the review is up too, just dinged in my subscriptions:

Good to see none of the detail was lost, and the throne is definitely a must have after seeing him sitting in there. Looking evil, indeed.

Great review, and absolutely great figure. Hype is at 10 now!

Rewatching the relevant scenes from RotJ and it seems his cloak hangs open a fair bit, at times from just under the clasp, showing the under robe. That's not really captured in any of the pics; going back to the promo pics as well.

Regarding the chair height, it's not really an acceptable solution to place the stand in front of the chair. I'm hoping one of the freaks here does a cast of the bottom part of the stand and cuts it down to the right height. I'd but one of those, preferably painted.

Maybe I just got lucky and got one with the hood too small. I don’t know. Some people I guess we’ll put the base in front of the chair, that’s what they’re doing at Secret Base:

I don't know, I think he's looking a little too thin there now.

I can easily put the under garment back on. Maybe, just like the first few BvS Wonder Woman figure that came out last year with the shiny skin on the body, I got one of the Emperor with hood on the cloak too small, look at the one on display at Secret Base, looks better than mine:

3711d0210846960bbfd6172b953513a2.jpg

Mine, with everything in tact in the undergarment still on:

c2501f2edb20d7417e24448d9dda5fc2.jpg

I can easily put the under garment back on. Maybe, just like the first few BvS Wonder Woman figure that came out last year with the shiny skin on the body, I got one of the Emperor with hood on the cloak too small, look at the one on display at Secret Base, looks better than mine:

c2501f2edb20d7417e24448d9dda5fc2.jpg

Cool pic!

00e28a0c2b5598982ccf1faf97b9c1e8.jpg

He does have a bit of a "I'm melting" wicked-witch thing going, but fluffing up the shoulders a bit should help.

I think it’s a balance between that it was too puffy before, and it’s too thin now. So I agree with your comments. I’m happy to be the guinea pig in these matters, so when you guys get yours you know what to do, and more importantly, what not to do

I think the bigger issue here is going to be the gap between his feet and the floor when you put him in the Throne chair

Frankly, the throne looks amazing, really beautiful, it’s definitely going to need some modifications though

I'm gonna have to get a second guard now, it just looks too good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't know, I think he's looking a little too thin there now.

Agreed, too thin. I don’t think your gonna gets the flow your looking for.

To use the correct texture material i believe they sacrificed perfect flow.

Not that any of it looks bad, but I think it was better with the undergarment.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Great review and figure looks great, but the throne/high chair is a problem. That looks ridiculous and I agree, the base under his feet doesn’t work long term.
Hopefully a solution is found. I used to think people just complained to complain, but recently it is justified. Hot toys seems to always screw something up. Recently:
Jedi Luke fat suit
Hoth leia blue dots
Royal guard red spots
Anakin short robe
Tarkin short sleeves (still phenomenal)
And now high chair emperor.
I am getting it and will probably love it, but it should have included a neutral expression and they should have figured out how to make the feet touch the floor.

Thanks Toys, always love your videos, your someone who knows how to use a camera properly......

As far as the negative comments go from people, tell them to go elsewhere and continue doing your reviews exactly as you want to.

Couldnt resist a screen grab from your video, great pose and lighting...

b7ef69ff5be481df5eaec9ea5dbe6edd.png

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back