Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Harvey Sculpt is one of HT's Best IMO. Totally underrated.

It's underrated because, as you'll see in hand, they tried some new type of flesh material and the result wasn't so great, it's a nice looking figure but the skin doesn't look as good as other HT figures, and they agreed because as far as I know it's the only figure with skin like it.

Maybe it just looks better in pics, but it really won't matter to me because My TF will end up looking like this with an Elvis Repaint/Mod... so Harvey will be, shall we say, overshadowed. :blackbat

IMG_1401.jpg

It's underrated because, as you'll see in hand, they tried some new type of flesh material and the result wasn't so great, it's a nice looking figure but the skin doesn't look as good as other HT figures, and they agreed because as far as I know it's the only figure with skin like it.

when i look at my godfather it seems that they have both the same materials

when i look at my godfather it seems that they have both the same materials

Yes you are correct Thrustmaster. There are a few figures which has that material, Two Face, Godfather, Tony Stark, the 1st version of John Conner (got so much complaints that they need to change), the Spirit..etc.

Bottom line, this material sucks

Yes you are correct Thrustmaster. There are a few figures which has that material, Two Face, Godfather, Tony Stark, the 1st version of John Conner (got so much complaints that they need to change), the Spirit..etc.

I believe my Hot Toys Airmen figure sculpt is made from the same material as well, just a more basic paint application.

2533315635_1769f396d0.jpg

I find it surprising that Stark and the Godfather have it, maybe they improved it a bit. With Two-Face/Dent, especially in photos, it just looks bizarre and too synthetic, but my Stark portrait photographs really nice, and all the shots I've seen of Godfather don't have the effect either. Glad it's abandoned anyway.

Nah godfather cant have it, unless as MF said, it's completely refined. I'm saying completely different. It's in a league of it's own when compared to this, and i'm talking 1st hand, i have them side by side on my shelf

Nah godfather cant have it, unless as MF said, it's completely refined. I'm saying completely different. It's in a league of it's own when compared to this, and i'm talking 1st hand, i have them side by side on my shelf

i have them both too, and i can say that the don have this material too. it has just more details and a better paint then harvey, but the material is the same.

that's why hot toys have brought the 'new developed don with new head-material" for their charity.

Maybe it just looks better in pics, but it really won't matter to me because My TF will end up looking like this with an Elvis Repaint/Mod... so Harvey will be, shall we say, overshadowed. :blackbat

IMG_1401.jpg

How does one go about making "remakes/resculpts" of the figures? Adding hair and all, how does that process work? I'm assuming this is something that is done independently and singularly by very skilled collectors. But really, how is THIS DONE? When I see these ones (someone did the same with their Joker as well and it looked fantastic) it makes me want to find one bad!

Yeah I'm wondering too, especially rooted hair. Do they have to cut off the sculpted hair somehow when doing stuff like that? I imagine that's a messy job.

Back