Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The EB likeness is better than HT likeness.
The laughing sculpt is the only sculpt HT has done that competes with EB.
I have the MRM 4.0 and it kills the DX11 regualr sculpt.
With this being said, I still plan on getting two DX11's.

- Some men just have to burn.

adfewffr.png

PO'ed this guy.... Cant wait !!!!! My 1/4th team gotta look good EB Bruce Way of the Dragon / HT Endo / EB T800 BD and now add in this guy the 4 will be a nice set ^^!!..... Keeping my fingers crossed for Joker TDK 1/4th as well..... EB's joker failed big time......

It's gonna be a while before you see another 1/4 Joker. EB has the license and their attempt was not a fail IMHO. It looks great and has awesome shelf presence.

I dont think the EB HD 1:4 Joker is a fail at all, but I think its safe to say we will see a 1:4 version from HT eventually.

I bet this will need all of the mods that are used on the DX12 :lol

Thought of that, too. But for one I might not mod the gloves here as I might just pose him with the sonar head, backpack, and the sticky bomb gun. I'd leave representing TDKR to DX12 :) One mod I'd do for sure is repainting the eyelids unless HT changes them from the protos.

gotta agree on EB Joker needs some real hair. That would put EB over HT's 1/6th.
and what the heck with that hair seam lines at the sides? It does not even have PERS !!!!! Haha....
Hope HT's quickly announce the Joker TDK 1/4th (or after release of DX11) before i pull the trigger on EB's joker.........

We will definitely get the Begins suit again in either 1/6 or 1/4 because if those BTS pics a few months back from their studio.

And as a **** you to EB.

I could see that, I have the EB Begins coming tomorrow and the HT QS on pre order. I would guess we will get a Joker too.

The EB likeness is better than HT likeness. The laughing sculpt is the only sculpt HT has done that competes with EB. I have the MRM 4.0 and it kills the DX11 regualr sculpt. With this being said, I still plan on getting two DX11's.

:goodpost::exactly:

EB Joker is Ledger- HT attempts so far like, not quite Ledger...DX 11 regular Headsculpt still not cutting it any better than BR Joker attempt..the laughing one the closest they have reached...

sorry for OT response..had to say it

Just noticed that the EX is sold out and on "waitlist" status.. I'm sure the production run is quite a bit less than the 1/6 scale. Still kind of surprised though.. Anyone have any idea on numbers?

Last edited:
Have this on order......already hoping Robbie the painter does a custom face plate for it....imagine that 1/4!!!

I have no desire to own this as of now, which is very sad because it has all of the makings of a grail for me except one:quality. The heads are disappointing all around, and that is arguably the most important part (in this case, it is, considering the fact that they've got the body down.

I have no desire to own this as of now, which is very sad because it has all of the makings of a grail for me except one:quality. The heads are disappointing all around, and that is arguably the most important part (in this case, it is, considering the fact that they've got the body down.

Have to agree with this. Although I don't collect 1/4 I was tempted for a while when I first saw this. Just because it seemed like (in theory) the ultimate dark knight batman. 3 heads, masked, sonar and Wayne, even an empty cowl for the exclusive, the backpack, basically everything encompassing the two movies. But it does kind of feel like the quality isn't there completely. Maybe once people receive it in hand they'll change their minds though.

Have to agree with this. Although I don't collect 1/4 I was tempted for a while when I first saw this. Just because it seemed like (in theory) the ultimate dark knight batman. 3 heads, masked, sonar and Wayne, even an empty cowl for the exclusive, the backpack, basically everything encompassing the two movies. But it does kind of feel like the quality isn't there completely. Maybe once people receive it in hand they'll change their minds though.

I worry about this too now. I have him on flex but I just got the EB Bats last week and he is truly amazing. I think that likeness is so much greater than the HT version now. But maybe a lot will change once in hand. I also think the accessories will be great. All those masks plus the sonar will help make up for some likeness issues.

I worry about this too now. I have him on flex but I just got the EB Bats last week and he is truly amazing. I think that likeness is so much greater than the HT version now. But maybe a lot will change once in hand. I also think the accessories will be great. All those masks plus the sonar will help make up for some likeness issues.

Yeah, what made me interested in the 1/4, besides the fact that it'll be impressive in that size, is the wealth of accessories. I really wish they'd included that stuff with the dx12, which, amazing as that figure is, feels a bit lacklustre for a dx release.

I just think that their Bale Batman offerings in general have been lacking as of late, particularly when their competitor is able to successfully recreate the likeness on their first try (those Enterbay Bale faceplates look more real than Bale in some pics). I haven't bought a DX 12, and I don't know if I even want to after seeing the way the head on that one turned out. The eyes are too big on this thing, the faces are nowhere near the Enterbay faceplates, in terms of likeness, and the Bale head could use some improvements as well. This is an important figure to me, though, and if it meant seeing a 6 month to a year delay for a far superior product, I'd take that deal any day of the week.

I refuse to buy another HT Bale Batman as long they continue to **** up his eyes. I don't want to have to do 15 different mods to get my figure looking the way it should have looked in the first place. So no DX12 for me. And I'm not buying 1:4 scale superheroes. A bridge too far for me.

Back