Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should wait and see if enterbay do the DK suit. They may do.

Wouldn't put it past them, after all they have TDK 1/4 license don't they?. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, having the 1/4 begins suit its my favourite piece i own. EB would nail a TDK suit.

im not saying this isn't good(even with those arms) its just too pricey for me to justify almost £400, EB's pricing is spot on.

We can only hope - I'm sure Enterbay would nail it first time.

The TDK suit from EB would make for such a great contrast against the HT Returns 1/4...

I couldn't resist. I ordered one. If the Enterbay comes out better I may switch it out later.

Body, armor, accesories, box design are HT's strong points. They will be no doubt be better than EB.

EB's edges are head sculpt, paint and maybe cape.

After seeing EB's respect scarface and Kobe today in person and inspecting the accesories and details on the outfit and shoes, I don't think they are on par with HT.

The OC BB outfit was just a single black outfit, while the TDK outfit consist of inner mesh layer, multiple armor pieces etc. I think it would be quite a challenge for them, if they are gonna take up on that project.

PO'd ;) ... Gonna be a looooong wait until May :( I guess drooling over my PC will have to do until then. On a side note I put up a shelf already for him in preparation of his arrival. Went to IKEA and picked up shelf and LEDs. I used an LED on bottom facing up and some of my sons LEGO's and the shelf look's like the Hong Kong rooftop scene lol. Cannot wait to display Bat's with Sonar head ;). I'll try to put a pic up later...

Very cool Skelzy, I am looking forward to seeing how people display this!

Here is the display shelf.. Just waiting on the real deal in May. Please disregard that toy on the shelf. My son had it and I needed something for scale. That figure is 13" tall so the HT bat will be roughly 5-6 inches taller at over 18.5" :rock... So using a few of my sons LEGO's I added a ledge to the IKEA shelf and now it kinda look like the Hong Kong jump scene... Will pose him with Sonar Head :wink1:

001-1_zps8cfa5f3c.jpg

002-1_zps6063d0f9.jpg

016-1_zps45281723.jpg

017-1_zps4ea57b21.jpg

013-2_zps26d42e36.jpg

010-2_zps36f470cd.jpg

And I think underneath lighting is better for Pers. It should shawdow the lower eye lid. See below as example (again, sorry for toy)

019-1_zpsac7424f2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great and I like the Lego idea with light. Do you have the Enterbay 1/4 Bats?

Looks great and I like the Lego idea with light. Do you have the Enterbay 1/4 Bats?

I do not. In fact this QS001 will be my first figure ever. Nice introduction huh? This batman standing by himself with no other figures around him should have tremendous presence :wink1:

Anybody know if Hot Toys will be doing a 1/4 Batman Begins version or if they have acquired the license for that?

I'm sure they definitely have the license. But why bother? After what Enterbay made should they even bother?

I was contemplating on getting Enterbays Batman but it seems lately that Hot Toys has been trying to gun down the competition just like the 1/4 batman and Terminator and now Play Imaginatives Diecast Ironman. I want to get Enterbays batman but wonder if Hot Toys will come out with one that way I could compare them and choose the better of the 2.

I'm sure they definitely have the license. But why bother? After what Enterbay made should they even bother?

Yeah, they ought to. Just to say "you know what? We've ****ed up before, but, dammit, we're just as good as those guys; better, even, and we're going to take their crowning achievement and make something that blows it out of the water." That being said, if that's the course of action they want to take, I suggest they delay the QS 001 and work out all of the various kinks (that dreadful headsculpt[PERS AND faceplates], for one).

Yeah, they ought to. Just to say "you know what? We've ****ed up before, but, dammit, we're just as good as those guys; better, even, and we're going to take their crowning achievement and make something that blows it out of the water." That being said, if that's the course of action they want to take, I suggest they delay the QS 001 and work out all of the various kinks (that dreadful headsculpt[PERS AND faceplates], for one).

:exactly: QS001 is one of those things that I wouldn't mind being late as long as the figure would turn out great. Otherwise despite having the fancy symbolic villain masks it won't be able to steal the show from my EB Batman.

:exactly: QS001 is one of those things that I wouldn't mind being late as long as the figure would turn out great. Otherwise despite having the fancy symbolic villain masks it won't be able to steal the show from my EB Batman.

Definitely; it's a figure with so much potential that is being brought down by issues that should have been solved several iterations ago. Also, you have great taste; I recognized your name in the Absolute Jonah Hex Facebook group!:hi5:

Definitely; it's a figure with so much potential that is being brought down by issues that should have been solved several iterations ago. Also, you have great taste; I recognized your name in the Absolute Jonah Hex Facebook group!:hi5:

Thanks, man! Sir Tony De Zuniga was a friend and still an inspiration to a lot of Filipino comicbook artists, young and old. And Jonah Hex does deserve to get an Absolute treatment! :)

Back