Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never say toys, I say figures when talking about them to other ppl who don't know about these. They can interpret that anyway they want. I don't care. They know what they are once they ask how much they were

I guess it doesn't bother me like it would some of you guys b/c I still collect transformers which are for both the adult collector and children so they are both toys and collectibles

Cheers man. :duff
If this truly is it then I apologize for jumping on your case but your choice of smilies made it seem as though you were truly angry at the companies name, which in all honesty I think is a stupid thing to be angry about if you are IMO

No need to apologize I guess I chose the wrong symbols to express my feelings. It must of seen like I was going OTT and I was out of control!:slap

So don't worry I do not blame you for getting the wrong idea because obviously I did not chose my words or faces wisely. :lol

:1-1:

I am honestly not angry with Hot Toys for the name they chose, like I said just offering an explanation. Of course it is stupid to be angry about a companies name, what is done is done there is no point going on about it.

I think these are toys if you want to get all down to the basic level, yea these are fancy overpriced toys or in some ppls views dolls. I don't think they are toys b/c of the company name I just think their toys b/c that's what they are at the most basic level

I would have to agree with that statement, at the end of the day they are action figures or dolls despite the fact that most are realistic looking, they are still plastic toys. The question should not be whether these are toys or not but whether these are toys for adults or toys for kids. Right now IMO Enterbay for the most part are making the most realistic toys and those ones I say are more aimed at adults not kids. However, I just said for the most part, Hot Toys still produce some realistic figures.

I guess it doesn't bother me like it would some of you guys b/c I still collect transformers which are for both the adult collector and children so they are both toys and collectibles

So do I, but that is because of nostalgia as I only collect encore and MP G1 Transformers! :hi5:

Last edited:
I think people should read the thread so they know where this discussion came from. It is not about disliking names of Toy companies.

I think we need a new Topic.

I hope Batfan is right and Hot Toys fixes the cowl.

The word doll is in most cases associated with toys. At least where I live. I just call them figures or collectibles.

Yeah Darkavatar, I really hope they improve the cowl.. I want this figure to be near perfect.. In this scale specifically it needs to be much better looking than 1/6 for me to buy larger and more expensive figures. As it is now, it doesn't deserve to stand next to my EB Batman. :(

The word doll is in most cases associated with toys. At least where I live. I just call them figures or collectibles.

They know that Drac, they are teasing you for not saying they are toys!

Yeah Darkavatar, I really hope they improve the cowl.. I want this figure to be near perfect.. In this scale specifically it needs to be much better looking than 1/6 for me to buy larger and more expensive figures. As it is now, it doesn't deserve to stand next to my EB Batman. :(

I won't be buying it at all if they don't fit the cowl :mad:

Idk it seems girls play with dolls and boys play with action figures. That's how I saw it growing up. Never called my figures dolls, lol.

Back