Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it's valid speculation as to whether or not HT can match the standard EB has set with their figure. :lecture

Given the fact that (a) HT has had several attempts to do a TDK figure that really knocks it out of the park and failed while EB did on their first attempt and (b) the HT version is substantially more expensive, it's a discussion worth having. :lecture

...and for the record, I own close to 40 HT figures as opposed to 5 EB figures. I've supported HT for many years. But their quality has declined while their prices have risen since they've basically been the only game in town. This release is very important for HT...I'm curious to see if competition causes them to raise their game or rest on their laurels. :lecture

:lecture :lol :1-1:

:exactly:

:hi5:

Well, the word "toy" surely has a different meaning where I live. It means, a child's play thing. These figures aren't toys to me or even aimed at children. They are high-end collectibles meant for display. They are art to me, not barbie dolls

The trouble is Drac Hot Toys are making some of them especially the TDK line look like kid's toys.

But don't forget, the company name is not "HOT ART.":lol

That's the problem, their stupid name, Enterbay and Blitzway are ambiguous names that no one would even know that the companies produce toy or high end adult figure collectables.

One person said on you tube these are not toys, then a person responded then why is the company called Hot Toys then?

I'm in the minority in that I still believe that, if given the proper care and attention, we could have our cake and eat it, too, in regards to PERS. You have the DX 11, Darkavatar, and the feature looks and works great there, wouldn't you agree? I think that HT is perfectly capable of hitting it out of the park like that every time, I just don't think they care enough to, and that needs to change.

That's the problem, their stupid name, Enterbay and Blitzway are ambiguous names that no one would even know that the companies produce toy or high end adult figure collectables.

One person said on you tube these are not toys, then a person responded then why is the company called Hot Toys then?

Is that really what this place has come down to, people wanting to criticise Hot Toys so much they're actually starting on the name now? :slap

I'm in the minority in that I still believe that, if given the proper care and attention, we could have our cake and eat it, too, in regards to PERS. You have the DX 11, Darkavatar, and the feature looks and works great there, wouldn't you agree? I think that HT is perfectly capable of hitting it out of the park like that every time, I just don't think they care enough to, and that needs to change.

I totally agree, it's not the PERS that's the problem. It's HT and the fact that the don't make sure the PERS is correct.

If the PERS was right then you'd be able to create alot more expression and the exact expression of any painted head sculpt.

IF they were to make sure the PERS was actually right on every one, and it can't be that big of a problem surely. They're just lazy

Yep so true, the majority of collectors do not want art but gimmicks like PERS that sacrifices likeness instead of having a realistic Head sculpt where the likeness is dead on.This is all so they can have more options to play with like move eyes etc. I fall in the minority character like you Drac, I want art over play things.

I believe that the PERS system can be successful if done correctly. One thing I would like them to improve is adding one stick to each eye to avoid silly issues like cross-eyed PERS. The DX09 imo is beautiful and the PERS looks great.. But I received mine with f-ed up PERS.. luckily I received a replacement.

But I wouldn't have anything against sculpted eyes if they included several headsculpts like Enterbay did with their BB figure. I like having the option to change the pose. It's one of the reasons I don't own many statues.

Some people... :lol :slap

Even Howard said they aren't toys but high-end collectibles, he just chose the name because he liked how it sounded when they started the company.

To me, these figures fall into the same category as statues, collectibles meant for display. They are basically statues but with articulation, the possibility to change pose. I don't think anyone would call a statue a toy.

The articulation isn't there so one can play with them... These figures, be it statues or articulated figures, are artistic works, sculptural representations (the definition of figure).. Their purpose is to be displayed, to look at them as an artistic work and enjoy them. I don't mind people collecting toys, but I hate it when they try to lump these artistic works into the same category as the actual toys they collect. :lol

BTW, I have nothing against toys. Just saying these things are not toys. :lol

551383205_dr_evil_right_thumb_xlarge.jpeg

You have the DX 11, Darkavatar, and the feature looks and works great there, wouldn't you agree? I think that HT is perfectly capable of hitting it out of the park like that every time, I just don't think they care enough to, and that needs to change.

Yes I have the DX11 and I sort of agree it works maybe as it is the best PERS for the Ledger Joker but I still think the PERS ruined the likeness, the eyes are set back so they would like like the right size instead of looking like frog eyes like the DX12. However, since they are set back this creates a dark shadow when you tilt his head down making his eyes completely black. This is why you can not mimic the jail scene pic, amongst other things.

I believe that the PERS system can be successful if done correctly. One thing I would like them to improve is adding one stick to each eye to avoid silly issues like cross-eyed PERS. The DX09 imo is beautiful and the PERS looks great.. But I received mine with f-ed up PERS.. luckily I received a replacement.

Oh it might be able to be improved but Hot Toys does not seem to care about trying to improve it, at least for the TDK line. :rolleyes2

If they can make it look decent and look like the eyes are real, the right size and not plastic looking with decals on with the same dam sun pattern in the iris, then I think they should go for it. However, the decals now look very unrealistic like something a kid would draw.

But I wouldn't have anything against sculpted eyes if they included several headsculpts like Enterbay did with their BB figure. I like having the option to change the pose. It's one of the reasons I don't own many statues.

Yeah I would prefer that :1-1:

Some people... :lol :slap

Even Howard said they aren't toys but high-end collectibles, he just chose the name because he liked how it sounded when they started the company.

It is such a stupid name it sounds like a kids toy company, wait what am I saying even kids toy companies have better names.:rolleyes2

To me, these figures fall into the same category as statues, collectibles meant for display. They are basically statues but with articulation, the possibility to change pose. I don't think anyone would call a statue a toy. l

Watch die hard 4.0 for that answer. :lol

However, I agree with you most people at least in the collector community would not call a statue a toy.

The articulation isn't there so one can play with them... These figures, be it statues or articulated figures, are artistic works, sculptural representations (the definition of figure).. Their purpose is to be displayed, to look at them as an artistic work and enjoy them. I don't mind people collecting toys, but I hate it when they try to lump these artistic works into the same category as the actual toys they collect. :lol

BTW, I have nothing against toys. Just saying these things are not toys. :lol

I would agree but the TDK line apart from the Bank Robber Joker and laughing sculpt look like kid's toys. Before PERS the Head sculpts were much more realistic like the Bank Robber Joker, so glad Hot Toys doesn't use PERS for every figure because that storm shadow figure is awesome!

:rock

Last edited:
Is that really what this place has come down to, people wanting to criticise Hot Toys so much they're actually starting on the name now? :slap

Well we are when the topic of conversation is Hot Toys figures are not toys. If a company wants to say they produce high end collectables and not toys then they should not have a name with the words toys in it FFS!

:gah:

Well we are when the topic of conversation is Hot Toys figures are not toys. If a company wants to say they produce high end collectables and not toys then they should not have a name with the words toys in it FFS!

:gah:

When HT started, their figures didn't look like they do now. They looked no better than the 12" Star wars TOYS made by Hasbro. Sure they look so much more realistic now but can we even really say that HT knew it was going to be as big as it is today with the quality of figures they produce nowadays?? Hot Toys rolls off the tongue, it's simple, catchy and easy to remember which the best names are. They've established that name over more than 10 years of making figures. You expect them to change their name now b/c of the jump in quality? That's as stupid as SnoopDog changing his name to Snoop lion or whatever the hell it is now just b/c the dude made a trip to Africa. I can't believe that you're complaining about the name of a company! :lol :slap man I had my recent stupid gripe but this tops any that I've seen on this board and I've seen tons in my time here. Complaining about HT name has to be the funniest and most ridiculous crying/moaning/*****ing I've seen and probably will ever see on this board. I don't think no amount of nitpicking a figure will ever top this nitpicking the name :rotfl and ppl wonder why they make fun of us on Facebook :lol

When HT started, their figures didn't look like they do now. They looked no better than the 12" Star wars TOYS made by Hasbro. Sure they look so much more realistic now but can we even really say that HT knew it was going to be as big as it is today with the quality of figures they produce nowadays?? Hot Toys rolls off the tongue, it's simple, catchy and easy to remember which the best names are. They've established that name over more than 10 years of making figures. You expect them to change their name now b/c of the jump in quality? That's as stupid as SnoopDog changing his name to Snoop lion or whatever the hell it is now just b/c the dude made a trip to Africa. I can't believe that you're complaining about the name of a company! :lol :slap man I had my recent stupid gripe but this tops any that I've seen on this board and I've seen tons in my time here. Complaining about HT name has to be the funniest and most ridiculous crying/moaning/*****ing I've seen and probably will ever see on this board. I don't think no amount of nitpicking a figure will ever top this nitpicking the name :rotfl and ppl wonder why they make fun of us on Facebook :lol

:lecture

You are missing the point, I think it is stupid name because it implies that the collectables are kid's toys and not high end collectables. Regardless what they produce now if their figures were never intended to be toys then why put that name in the title? I don't expect them to change their name now, I am saying they should of never had such a stupid name in the first place if they implied that their products are not toys, because with a name like that people will think they are kid's toys and not high end adult collectables.

I get that but in my experience, no once assumes these are toys. Most ppl know that I collect high end collectibles and if they don't they have no idea who Hot Toys or Enterbay or Blitzway or Sideshow are so I still have to go through the process of saying what they make and occasionally showing the person that these aren't toys no matter the company. None of the names of those companies imply high end collectibles unless you say the full name Sideshow Collectibles. And even then, the general public views these figures as dolls. It's true. Figures with clothing are associated with dolls and fully sculpted ones are associated with action figures. There's no escaping it if you're collectible figures. Statues on the other hand automatically and instantly make the correlation to something high end and worth something. I just don't see how it matters. Did someone call the figures kids toys or something and now you're venting it out here? I just don't see the reason to getting upset about the companies name without who we wouldn't have such great collectibles in the first place.

Calm down buddy. He's just saying the name doesn't fit them. Of course, looking at it realistically they won't change their name. It's just sad that some people use the argument that these figures are toys because the company making them has the word toys in their name.

I get that but in my experience, no once assumes these are toys. Most ppl know that I collect high end collectibles and if they don't they have no idea who Hot Toys or Enterbay or Blitzway or Sideshow are so I still have to go through the process of saying what they make and occasionally showing the person that these aren't toys no matter the company. None of the names of those companies imply high end collectibles unless you say the full name Sideshow Collectibles. And even then, the general public views these figures as dolls. It's true. Figures with clothing are associated with dolls and fully sculpted ones are associated with action figures. There's no escaping it if you're collectible figures. Statues on the other hand automatically and instantly make the correlation to something high end and worth something. I just don't see how it matters. Did someone call the figures kids toys or something and now you're venting it out here? I just don't see the reason to getting upset about the companies name without who we wouldn't have such great collectibles in the first place.

Everything can get so misinterpreted on the internet. This all started when Drac said these are not toys these are high end collectables. Then The Batman Professor implied they are toys. Then Drac implied no they are not toys why do people think of these are toys.

So I gave an explanation as to why people think these high end collectables are toys. I am not venting I am just saying if a company says they are not toys then do not put toys in the title. That's pretty much it. :wink1:

Everything can get so misinterpreted on the internet. This all started when Drac said these are not toys these are high end collectables. Then The Batman Professor implied they are toys. Then Drac implied no they are not toys why do people think of these are toys.

So I gave an explanation as to why people think these high end collectables are toys. I am not venting I am just saying if a company says they are not toys then do not put toys in the title. That's pretty much it. :wink1:
Cheers man. :duff
If this truly is it then I apologize for jumping on your case but your choice of smilies made it seem as though you were truly angry at the companies name, which in all honesty I think is a stupid thing to be angry about if you are IMO
Calm down buddy. He's just saying the name doesn't fit them. Of course, looking at it realistically they won't change their name. It's just sad that some people use the argument that these figures are toys because the company making them has the word toys in their name.
No reason to calm down as I was never up. I think these are toys if you want to get all down to the basic level, yea these are fancy overpriced toys or in some ppls views dolls. I don't think they are toys b/c of the company name I just think their toys b/c that's what they are at the most basic level

Yeah we're just talking. Everyone gets so pissed off. :lol

Not pissed off. I laughed when I was reading all this mess b/c it was so ridiculous :lol

Last edited:
Yeah it really is ridiculous calling them toys. If I told the people who've seen my collection and really liked it, that they are toys they would think I was crazy. :lol

Back