Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7921742914_ad7cba5db4_h.jpg

designducky

Apart from the cowl, this looks incredible.

Correct. Hot Toys is really going to have to up their game to even match the level of quality & accuracy EB produced. This thing looks totally out of whack.

I did PO it & am going to wait for in hand pics. If no improvements have been made, I'll cancel it & eat the NRD.

:lecture Same here. Thank goodness for low NRDs.

And then I'll happily spend the money for the 1/4 Keaton Batman Returns figure (assuming that it would be as well-sculpted as the 89 Batman figure).

Oh btw :offtopic: great review on the EB Batman, Karnis!:clap

^ even the cowl doesn't look that bad in that pic. The pers do ruin it a bit, the eyes are small but at the same time not squinting. I wish HT would invent VSMS (vertical squint moving system) :lol

Lately, the cowl has been looking pretty good to me in the latest pics. I don't know if the made subtle changes to it or I've warmed up to it, but I don't think it's simply the angle anymore.

Has anyone seen the 1:4 figure from behind? I'm curious to know if the cape has the correct "V" cut.

Who the **** cares I already have forigno's 1/4 cape waiting for this bad boy :lol but seriously I doubt there is much of a V shape at the back, it's probably the same with DX12.

Man I'm beginning to like this one. It's either this one or dx12 with batpod for me. Can't afford all.

Tough choice.. IMO, for standalone figure, 1/4 scale really stands out. Even when 1/6 Tumbler is presence, 1/4 is still eye catching. If you are going for 1/4, then ques is EB (TDK) or this (TDKR).

I did PO this and I'm thinking to cancel my Tumbler PO so that I can get EB TDK version. I'm stuck right now with no decision.

There's no announcement for EB TDK suit yet :huh

I don't think EB got the license for TDK to just release Batman OC and the Joker. I think they will milk this license the most they can. Not doing the TDK costume would be a really ... retard idea from part of EB. Unless there is something we don't know about the rights on the TDK costume :dunno

I don't think EB got the license for TDK to just release Batman OC and the Joker. I think they will milk this license the most they can. Not doing the TDK costume would be a really ... retard idea from part of EB. Unless there is something we don't know about the rights on the TDK costume :dunno

Pretty much.

Would love to see a Two Face too

Pretty much.

Would love to see a Two Face too

I don't know about that. They really suck sculpting actors likeness :lol .. I don't like what they did with their 1/4 Christian Bale or their 1/4 Joker .. both are really off to me specially Christian Bale.

I don't know about that. They really suck sculpting actors likeness :lol .. I don't like what they did with their 1/4 Christian Bale or their 1/4 Joker .. both are really off to me specially Christian Bale.

But they nailed Batman cowl (including the Bale face and eyes), and T2 Arnie is better than the HT version too (though I won't say they nailed it)

But they nailed Batman cowl (including the Bale face and eyes), and T2 Arnie is better than the HT version too (though I won't say they nailed it)

yes, you're right. I think EB either do great head sculpts or they do terrible head sculpts, they just don't do anything on the middle.. That's why I don't trust them blindly.. I think they will do a much better TDK batman than Hot Toys though.

I just want it to be May already. At least it would either put to death people's qualms with this figure (or the figure itself).:lol

Back