Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no announcement for EB TDK suit yet :huh

from a business standpoint, I wouldn't announce it. I'm sure they know people that like the TDK suit could possibly pass on the BB suit if they new it was coming soon.

They'll wait until close to or sellout before making an announcement.

That's just my opinion :wave

But they nailed Batman cowl (including the Bale face and eyes), and T2 Arnie is better than the HT version too (though I won't say they nailed it)

:lecture

Those Men in Black sculpts aren't perfect to my eyes though. They seemed perfect at prototype stage but once the paint went on something looked off on both.

Jack Bauer is excellent to this day although I wish they'd made him more squinty.

Leon looks close but not quite right IMO.

So while I'd of course be open to seeing Enterbay tackle more actor likenesses I can't say that they are by default better at it than HT. Both companies are going to have hits and misses and almost-but-not-quites.

from a business standpoint, I wouldn't announce it. I'm sure they know people that like the TDK suit could possibly pass on the BB suit if they new it was coming soon.

:exactly::goodpost:
It will be a duel between them and HT. I think EB will win though

:exactly::goodpost:
It will be a duel between them and HT. I think EB will win though

I got Monk's post this way:

EB decided to delay the release of their 1/4 version of the TDK suit not for fear of getting head-on with HT's version, but because they fear that doing it prematurely would cannibalize their own product's (the 1/4 BB suit figure) sale, thinking that given an option, people would get the suit that was given more highlight in the trilogy. Which makes sense, but that's just me. I could be wrong :)

EB decided to delay the release of their 1/4 version of the TDK suit not for fear of getting head-on with HT's version, but because they fear that doing it prematurely would cannibalize their own product's (the 1/4 BB suit figure) sale, thinking that given an option, people would get the suit that was given more highlight in the trilogy. Which makes sense, but that's just me. I could be wrong :)

Still waiting on my EB 1/4 BB figure, and I can't wait for their 1/4 TDK figure. I am still getting the HT 1/4 figure though. :D

I just don't get how they can get such a near spot on Bale likeness in 1/4 but continue to stuff it up in 1/6 'Their main scale of operation and expertise'

exactly pal:exactly:
what I meant was, If EB really decided to make TDK suit, we can really compete the products head on.
already POed HT 1/4 Batman though :yess:

Last edited:

You have a point, but they prolly do that so they have an edge over HT. As they are pretty open bout how many figures they will be doing for Jordan from the get go.

Also, there's no reason for HT to go all out and give us the sticky bomb gun, backpack and the sonar head, if they knew EB didn't have the license. They would have spread it in 2 different version instead.

I've been trying to keep an eye out for new photos of this to upload here and i had a curious thought come to mind that maybe one of you could help me out with.
Was this present as the Singapore Convention?
I was on the HT facebook, looking at the photos they took there and did not see the QS001.

Also heres something i did in PS today. I did some miner tweaks that could be done to potentially make this much better:
ORIGINAL
7981559807_279d6d5d27_c.jpg

REVISED
7981561608_4597cc0049_c.jpg

REVISED(gif)
revisions.gif

Last edited:
I've been trying to keep an eye out for new photos of this to upload here and i had a curious thought come to mind that maybe one of you could help me out with.
Was this present as the Singapore Convention?
I was on the HT facebook, looking at the photos they took there and did not see the QS001.

Also heres something i did in PS today. I did some miner tweaks that could be done to potentially make this much better:
ORIGINAL

A lot better. Could you please make the mouth area wider. And make the iris of the eyes biggers so batman has less white on the eyes...

That's great. Now can you put little "haha" speech bubbles around his head and speed up the gif a little?
Only joking. Good work. I'm still cancelling my P.O

Jesus! The eyebrows OMG I can't believe I hadn't noticed how surprised Batman looked before. :lol

I've already ordered it, it looks off when compared to the modified shots or maybe a screen shot but alone it's ok, won't stop me from ordering the EB one though (if it's as good as the other bats have looked) :yess:

Back