Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, ok but we have "real clothes" too;

ken_narrowweb__300x410,2.jpg

Muhahahhahahahahhaha !!!!!!!

I don't even agree with that. The clothes are poor - I don't call that being 'refined'. There was no effort to recreate Arnies body proportions - I don't call that 'refined'. As I've said repeatedly the headsculpt, although acceptable at the time, has been bested by NECAs in terms of accuracy to Arnies facial likeness, hair and headshape (which you didn't argue with I notice). NECAs plastic makes a more accurate looking representation overall. Sideshows figure looks like a Ken doll. I can't understand how that is more acceptable to many of you than simply putting up with 'rigid plastic clothes' and an absence of a high-end finishing touch.

Because the NECA is a toy. Likeness, hair, paint and headshape become irrelevant if the sculpt is rough. Realism is thrown off by the visual appearance of a seam. Details in likeness are easily ignored when upon investigation you see lumps and bubbles in the sculpt. It's visually unappealing. Then when you get to paint (Sideshow's is actually one of their better 1:6 paint jobs), a headsculpt with multiple flesh tones stands out much better than one slathered with a light pink. I look at both and can tell that both are Schwarzenegger. As I stated earlier, the clothes aren't that bad, it's just the body that does them injustice. Now given that all Sideshow had to work with was the Buck, that's understandable. But when you lay them side by side and compare, it's a lot easier to drop $50 on the Sideshow T-800 than it is to drop $30 on the NECA. It's all about refinement and getting the most bang for your buck.

Last edited by a moderator:
HT looks to have bested both, so why are you guys arguing about two figures that are now obsolete?

:)

:lol Thats why I added the last sentence in my post above. We're arguing because its enjoyable, its something to do, no offence intended in any of it. We're just trying to wrap our heads around each others points of view...and bend the other to our way of thinking. We will fail. :D

:lol Thats why I added the last sentence in my post above. We're arguing because its enjoyable, its something to do, no offence intended in any of it. We're just trying to wrap our heads around each others points of view...and bend the other to our way of thinking. We will fail. :D

Debating to establish a mindset. Not arguing.

Because the NECA is a toy. Likeness, hair, paint and headshape become irrelevant if the sculpt is rough. Realism is thrown off by the visual appearance of a seam. Details in likeness are easily ignored when upon investigation you see lumps and bubbles in the sculpt. It's visually unappealing. Then when you get to paint (Sideshow's is actually one of their better 1:6 paint jobs), a headsculpt with multiple flesh tones stands out much better than one slathered with a light pink. I look at both and can tell that both are Schwarzenegger. As I stated earlier, the clothes aren't that bad, it's just the body that does them injustice. Now given that all Sideshow had to work with was the Buck, that's understandable. But when you lay them side by side and compare, it's a lot easier to drop $50 on the Sideshow T-800 than it is to drop $30 on the NECA. It's all about refinement and getting the most bang for your buck.

....yeah we're not going to agree. :D I gave a negative side-to-side head nod at the end of almost every sentence here. We just have very different perspectives so I think I'll leave it at that for now. I've enjoyed the debate though.

Back to our regular scheduled programming....

Can't we just start nitpicking this one to death? Come on, where's that Freaks spirit?

:D

It's in the Emperor/Throne thread. :lol

this isn't even screen accurate. arnie was wearing gloves at this point in the film cuz he cut his arm skin off.

plus, where is he getting those grenades from? his pocket?

so FAIL!!!!

Don't forget the sudden burst of hormonal acne & scars on the face in that image. The whole lower jaw looks like Noriega. :lol

....yeah we're not going to agree. :D I gave a negative side-to-side head nod at the end of almost every sentence here. We just have very different perspectives so I think I'll leave it at that for now. I've enjoyed the debate though.

:dunno Call it the high-end collectible mindset. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
this isn't even screen accurate. arnie was wearing gloves at this point in the film cuz he cut his arm skin off.

plus, where is he getting those grenades from? his pocket?

so FAIL!!!!

Keep on dreaming, granade Lauchner not included.
FAIL !!!

drxb8w2r.jpg

It's too bad they didn't include the forearm/hand skin he could hold in his other hand to compliment the revealed arm. That'd make a damn good and purchase-worthy Ex for Sideshow.

That would be sick, but alas, they don't give us those cool things, I still would have liked a 3 pack of hanging bodies for Predator too, but no luck.

What suggests there won't be an exclusive for Sideshow?

We don't have the official specs yet.

The fact that not every HT figure has one, it's about a 50/50 chance.

Which is probably how much the black T-shirt alone will sell for once HT's version comes out. :lol

If you're referring to the Sideshow black t-shirt, you'd be lucky to sell it for $5, it's terrible, thick cloth, turtle neck collar. If for some reason this T2 figure doesn't come with one, I'll be glad I bought some extra black T's this summer when I finally found one without a turtle neck looking collar, which isn't easy.

This is what happens when that fool comes along, everyone starts hating on the low-end collectibles. NECA is not laughable. Those figures will be excellent 7" companions to Hot Toys 12". Anyones terminator collection could easily have both.

Indeed, I've seen Hulk collectors with $5 Walmart figures along with the Sideshow PF. When you like something, you like it, it shouldn't matter how much it costs other than, can you afford it or not. If you like how something looks, you buy it, that's what counts, enjoying it, not who makes it or what it costs.

Having said that, a final comment to the whole thread. With 3 mass produced figures of this in 12" format, comparison's and favorites are natural, and expressing your thoughts on what you like and don't like and why is all good, but the pissing contest about who's in their right mind or not for their opinions and all that needs to stop, everyone's entitled to their opinions, you can disagree with them and comment regarding what you feel, but commenting on people having their opinions is not what these threads are about, it's for discussion of products.

If you're referring to the Sideshow black t-shirt, you'd be lucky to sell it for $5, it's terrible, thick cloth, turtle neck collar. If for some reason this T2 figure doesn't come with one, I'll be glad I bought some extra black T's this summer when I finally found one without a turtle neck looking collar, which isn't easy.

I think that was moreso a jab at HT's high price tag bud. ;)

I call mine an 'objective' equal opportunity one. They're all toys, lets not kid ourselves...especially when it comes to ken dolls. :p

By the way Oleck's latest picture is mine. Thats my laptop!

I'm an equal opportunity collector. Though they sucked, I even picked up all the Playmates offerings. I couldn't pass up having Terminator toys in 1:18th. I'm just a bit discriminatory when it comes to displays. The NECA piece would be great, and probably one of the best among other NECA 12" figures. I just didn't like it enough to display with the Sideshow "ken dolls" and not having any other NECA pieces, wound up giving it to my nephew. I've got a Wesker body inbound from China for my Sideshow terminator, so that will hopefully take care of the body issue and in turn, make the clothes look better.

I'm just going to voice my opinion and duck my head running before somebody decides I'm not entitled to it and comes at me.

For 7", NECA was good. I personally don't like sculpted clothes with articualion joints because the figure only looks right in one pose, and the joints detract from my enjoyment of the visual picture. For plastic 7", I'd prefer something more like a little statue without movement. However, I do prefer to make my own poses, so 12" with real clothes all the way for me. NECA doesn't suck at what it does, I just don't prefer that type of toy.

On to Hot Toys. I haven't read through this thread cause I'm tired of the same old bashing of Hot Toys over teaser pics when everybody ends up going down on their knees for Hot Toys for the amazing final piece in the end anyway (Big Chap Alien not withstanding).

I think this piece, even if they didn't change anything, is the most amazing T2 T-800 I've ever seen. I haven't seen a singel figure or custom do the character justice like this does.

"but it doesn't have this. it doesn't have that." Who cares. That exposed endo arm is way more than I would have expected. And do any of you think this is the only version they are going to do? This is going to sell like hotcakes. Of course Hot Toys is going to make a battle damaged version. Have you seen the Iron Man line?

Besides, this is a great jumping off point for the customizer to really make the ultimate figure.

I think that was moreso a jab at HT's high price tag bud. ;)

I hope so, but if for some reason there is an eBay market for the Sideshow T, I've got mine in a custom parts bin I'll happily toss out there, it's in there along with the horrible white one that came on the T-1000.

I'm kinda glad he's not a 2-in-1. I want as many scenarios as possible and all the accessories that come with them! Still the dude needs a black t-shirt.

Yup. If this was a DX, he would only come with one body and another one would be tuff to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back