Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough chaps. Bringing in NECA would be more appropriate for an actual comparison or 'which should I buy?' thread, not this one.

One other note. I love this likeness because it actually looks a bit more like the T1 Arnold while still looking T2. To me, that's the best part since he was supposed to be (in T2) the same exact model as the T1 Terminator, yet his face looked very different. It would even make a god T3, since his face was CGed to look more like T1, as was his body.

Home run, Hot Toys.
01151.jpg

12" NECA = Fail
It just does not looks like Arnold.

One other note. I love this likeness because it actually looks a bit more like the T1 Arnold while still looking T2. To me, that's the best part since he was supposed to be (in T2) the same exact model as the T1 Terminator, yet his face looked very different. It would even make a god T3, since his face was CGed to look more like T1, as was his body.
Very good point!

IN HT I BELIEVE!

I'm a bit curious as to how this is being handled, as has been said, it's likely all the goodies seen in that photo are what comes with this figure, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Providing you get a black t-shirt included, this figure covers T-800 from the start to the point where he shows is hand to Dyson.

That leaves Cyberdyne and steel mill left. Now, unless they've got some new engineering tricks up their sleeve, I can't see how you can really have Cyberdyne Terminator on the same body as BD, so that makes me think we might get 2 more, but then really, there's not much missing from this current set that couldn't complete you right through to the steel mill. Grendade launcher, bandolier, and the mini gun stuff, a few gloved hands and an alternate, semi-BD portrait. You could just have it DX and cover a large chunk of the film and then just regular MMS the BD figure. We'll see what they do, but T2 T-800 can and should be covered in 2 figures, anything more is milking it too much.

But this figure is absolutely perfect black t-shirt or not.

Home run, Hot Toys.
01151.jpg

I think you meant Terminator Salvation bud, not T3. Face was CG'd over Roland Kickinger's body for Salvation, hence why the physique was considerably bigger than Arnold's in T1:

kickin01.jpg

Last edited:
Wow more ????ing ???? NECA talk in a Hot Toys thread. Thanks for ????ing up my favorite thread. :rolleyes:

No ????. I make a post about a overpriced $650 figure that looks nothing like the actor and it's instantly deleted. Yet they let this Neca hugger who is trolling, run wild.

No ????. I make a post about a overpriced $650 figure that looks nothing like the actor and it's instantly deleted. Yet they let this Neca hugger who is trolling, run wild.

If your comment was solely about the figure, it would have been left, it was that it was part of riding someone's case about spending that money on a figure you didn't feel worth the money that got it deleted, and anything slamming people for their opinions in this argument is and will continue to be deleted.

I was buying it from the first photo :lol I'm curious to find out how the body is handled, the arms are at least solid like Wolverine, but I wonder, is the body like Wolverine to, or is it the Dutch body just with hard plastic arms. At this point, it doesn't matter too much to me, I'm feeling safe about posability. You don't really need torso posability on the T-800, so in that regard the Dutch body wouldn't be a let down, it was the Dutch arms I worried about this figure having and it doesn't. I wish this would be like TDK in that we got 1 or 2 figures premiered together, like Joker and OC Batman were both unveiled together, T-800 and T-1000 together will be nice, but I have a feeling this will be it and there'll be a bit of gap between this and the next figure.

...he looks like a bad Stunt-Double of Schwarzenegger, likeness is a bad joke.

Its the best likeness ive seen to date, alot better than the sideshow PF imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was buying it from the first photo :lol I'm curious to find out how the body is handled, the arms are at least solid like Wolverine, but I wonder, is the body like Wolverine to, or is it the Dutch body just with hard plastic arms. At this point, it doesn't matter too much to me, I'm feeling safe about posability. You don't really need torso posability on the T-800, so in that regard the Dutch body wouldn't be a let down, it was the Dutch arms I worried about this figure having and it doesn't. I wish this would be like TDK in that we got 1 or 2 figures premiered together, like Joker and OC Batman were both unveiled together, T-800 and T-1000 together will be nice, but I have a feeling this will be it and there'll be a bit of gap between this and the next figure.

No kidding! When I saw that grainy pic last week it just about ruined the excitement I had for ordering the Emperor! :lol

I think it's a safe bet that we'll get exactly what we want (NO RUBBER) now knowing the arms will be solid plastic.....It would seem senseless to build the figure with a rubber torso and solid arms. :confused:

As far as a second announcement I'm thinking either t1000 or t800 from the second half of the film. I'd be surprised if we ever see a Sarah Conner from HT... That being said, if we ever do it would be the T2 version, so who knows.

I think it's a safe bet that we'll get exactly what we want (NO RUBBER) now knowing the arms will be solid plastic.....It would seem senseless to build the figure with a rubber torso and solid arms. :confused:

As far as a second announcement I'm thinking either t1000 or t800 from the second half of the film. I'd be surprised if we ever see a Sarah Conner from HT... That being said, if we ever do it would be the T2 version, so who knows.

I think the likelihood of seeing a T-1000 is on par with seeing a Sabertooth from the X-Men Origins line. Probably even less so. Sideshow's was acceptable at $50 with pop on bullet holes and interchangeable hands. That would translate as an R&D nightmare for a company like HT to pull off with any sense of realism without having several aspects of the piece sculpted, like the clothing on the arms, to achieve that perfect blend from sleeve to blade/hook. Otherwise, you're just looking at a ho-hum release like Sideshow's T-1000 regular who was a hard sale at a measly $50.

I would think if his arms are solid, then his torso, if rubber at all, would be like Wolverine with a covering and not heavy duty like Dutch. Since he doesn't need to be bare chested, maybe it will be a standard TT with some new type of plastic add on to beef up the torso when needed. That's something I'm enjoying as much as the figures themselves, the new body innovations, it's one thing that's held back or tainted a lot of figures, having to share generic bodies, but with all these new means of tweaking a body to be just right for the figure at hand, we're really getting some great representations.

I think T-1000 is a sure thing, Sarah's a question mark, but I do hope it happens. Sideshow's effort was good, but too scene specific and too short of a scene. She's made just for the raid on Dyson's house, I'd ideally have her hair down like Cyberdyne and come with the machine gun and shotgun from the SWAT truck to have her geared for the more prominent look of the film.

Man this is an instant buy for me. I always wanted a properly produced T-2 T-800 From Hot Toys. I wonder if this will be the only figure or if they secured the license for the entire film. It would be nice to see a Dark Knight treatment for the T-2 Line with Non Battle Damaged T-800, Battle Damaged T-800, T-1000 with metal bullet holes and claw arms, Motorcycle T-1000 with shotgun doughnut blast head, and John Connor, Sarah Connor would be cool but I would like to see young John Connor first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back