Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the likelihood of seeing a T1000 is on par with seeing a Sabertooth from the X-Men Origins line. Probably even less so. Sideshow's was acceptable at $50 with pop on bullet holes and interchangeable hands. That would translate as an R&D nightmare for a company like HT to pull off with any sense of realism without having several aspects of the piece, like the clothing on the arms, sculpted to achieve that perfect blend from sleeve to blade/hook.

If Sideshow's figure covered more, I might agree, but I have a feeling HT would enjoy the challenge, plus sales could do real well if they tackled his damaged heads, the split one, the eye blown out head. Really, those are the only reasons I care for HT T-1000, as you said, the Sideshow one is actually pretty good, but not including those pretty cool and prominent aspects that set the T-1000 apart from a regular Terminator hurts it a bit and I think leaves a door open for HT to put it out and still sell quite well, that and the new comers to the hobby that never got their hands on the Sideshow, I think they'd be missing a chance to make more money with T-1000. I want Sabertooth, but I can sort of understand why that might have been viewed as a gamble and not worth it, the reception for that film seems to be a lot of mixed feelings.

I think you meant Terminator Salvation bud, not T3. Face was CG'd over Roland Kickinger's body for Salvation, hence why the physique was considerably bigger than Arnold's in T1:

kickin01.jpg

I did mean T3. Though interviews in the extra features say Arnold worked out really hard to get in shape for T3, I just don't buy it. It was at the same time that he ran for governor of California, and he looked like total crap. And I noticed that his face looked more like T1 than T2 (narrower in T2) in T3, and he didn't have all the skin folds in his neck when he turns his head like he doesn in T2. It's my guess that they used the X-Men 3 technology (which made Xavier and Magneto look younger in flashback shots) to do CG touchup on Arnold for the whole movie.

I did mean T3. Though interviews in the extra features say Arnold worked out really hard to get in shape for T3, I just don't buy it. It was at the same time that he ran for governor of California, and he looked like total crap. And I noticed that his face looked more like T1 than T2 (narrower in T2) in T3, and he didn't have all the skin folds in his neck when he turns his head like he doesn in T2. It's my guess that they used the X-Men 3 technology (which made Xavier and Magneto look younger in flashback shots) to do CG touchup on Arnold for the whole movie.

It's possible, or they may have cleaned some things up with CG, but I don't think it was fake.

At Arnold's age, you can work your ass off to get in shape, and he only needed to be in that condition for the opening shot. Stallone worked his ass off to get in the shape he was for Rocky Balboa's fight scene and they shot that first because he couldn't keep up the exercise and condition while filming the rest. Arnold could easily have worked hard, got in the shape he was in for that shot, then let go over the course of filming.

It seems crazy, but some pretty natural things can be done. I'm still impressed how skin treatments and diets helped Hopkins shed a few years off his face to reprise Lecter in Red Dragon, he didn't look just like Silence of the Lambs but he did look younger than he was before that movie and since.

I wouldn't be suprised to see them do a T-1000 but i wouldn't be suprised if they didnt either, i'd buy 1 though just like i'll buy the T-800 Arnie :D

No bud, that was all Arnold. Governor announcement was August 7th, 2003. The film was released in June of that year. That film was well wrapped before he even announced he was running. :lol

Back to our regular scheduled programming....

Can't we just start nitpicking this one to death? Come on, where's that Freaks spirit?

:D

Ok the only issue I see is the cheek bone area and chin and perhaps the nose. His face is too wide over all including the chin,nose seems a tad off perhaps to small.

If Sideshow's figure covered more, I might agree, but I have a feeling HT would enjoy the challenge, plus sales could do real well if they tackled his damaged heads, the split one, the eye blown out head. Really, those are the only reasons I care for HT T-1000, as you said, the Sideshow one is actually pretty good, but not including those pretty cool and prominent aspects that set the T-1000 apart from a regular Terminator hurts it a bit and I think leaves a door open for HT to put it out and still sell quite well, that and the new comers to the hobby that never got their hands on the Sideshow, I think they'd be missing a chance to make more money with T-1000. I want Sabertooth, but I can sort of understand why that might have been viewed as a gamble and not worth it, the reception for that film seems to be a lot of mixed feelings.

Hard to tell... I'd love to get this but I do see Nam's point. Of course HT could go overboard with a T1000 and include tons of arms and heads at a higher price point, but I can't see enough demand for the figure if he's floating around $200+ to make that a reality.

Hard to tell... I'd love to get this but I do see Nam's point. Of course HT could go overboard with a T1000 and include tons of arms and heads at a higher price point, but I can't see enough demand for the figure if he's floating around $200+ to make that a reality.

And how do they overcome the seamless transition from cloth to metal? I'll agree that if anybody can do it, HT can, but that's a major hurdle in and of itself.

Yup, T-1000 will really depend on how his extras are handled, if they do a nice job of the same hook arms and stabbing fingers as Sideshow and add to that with blown apart heads, sword arms and other "wow" stuff, it could sell. Who knows though, this is all assumption and we could see a T-1000 just about the same as Sideshow's in costume and goodies and think it's as much an improvement as the T-800. I wouldn't necessarily buy it all, but I'm open to just about anything HT might offer with the T2 license.

And how do they overcome the seamless transition from cloth to metal? I'll agree that if anybody can do it, HT can, but that's a major hurdle in and of itself.

Rather than separte arms like Sideshow, maybe some mix of materials could let you have a shirt just for the arms to allow that transition.

One thing that'll look nicer if HT does it will be the metal bits, they'll actually have a metalic shine to them. Sideshow's don't look too bad, but T-1000 was very reflective and chrome looking.

Rather than separte arms like Sideshow, maybe some mix of materials could let you have a shirt just for the arms to allow that transition.

One thing that'll look nicer if HT does it will be the metal bits, they'll actually have a metalic shine to them. Sideshow's don't look too bad, but T-1000 was very reflective and chrome looking.

Looking at their endos, I highly doubt that. Plus there's the other hurdle of silver/chrome paint never drying. This is why I think the endos were gray.

I think they'd be able to manage it. Many of their figures incorporate plastic clothing. I don't have their Two Face but didn't his jacket have partial plastic in it? I wouldn't put it past them to do it seams showing. Plenty of their figures have seams. Big Chap cranium comes to mind. :lol

Looking at their endos, I highly doubt that. Plus there's the other hurdle of silver/chrome paint never drying. This is why I think the endos were gray.

Well I'm thinking of the Wolverine claws and the Predator gauntlet blades, but you do raise a point with the Endo though, odd that some metal things get a proper finish and others do not. Maybe it has to do with complexity, blades in hands aren't like an articulated body, but that would favor bits on the T-1000 as they'd be more like the Predator and Wolverine pieces.

I'd prefer a greyer look. Plastic chrome looks too cheap and nasty.

I think they'd be able to manage it. Many of their figures incorporate plastic clothing. I don't have their Two Face but didn't his jacket have partial plastic in it?

Not sure what the material is, but yeah, there is some sort of rubber or vinyl material layed over his sport coat to add the burn elements. Very stiff stuff though.

Did you pick up Marcus Wright?, the finnish on the damaged head has a chrome effect to it,looks great.

Did you pick up Marcus Wright?, the finnish on the damaged head has a chrome effect to it,looks great.

Yes I did and no it doesn't. It's more in tune with the colors of the regular endos. It's more of a variation of grays, not shiny chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back