Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
watermark.php

C'mon MaulFan, don't delete this. :monkey3

:lol:lol

:rock:rock:rock I should start trademarking my jokes. :lol:rotfl:lol

I think the Motorcycle Cop look, while visually cool, would suck without a bike. Additionally, let's not forget that he'd need two more arms that attach to him as well, so a quad-armed T-1000 runs into yet another hurdle. How do you do that and again, keep everything seamless? It'd be awesome, but again, stumping.

The only reason I even am interested in the Biker version is because, thanks to some fine members around here, there was a lot of research done into customs when the Sideshow figure shipped and apparently, even though his overall look in the steel mill is the same as early in the film, apparently his pants and boots are the biker setup, just no more jacket, and knowing HT, they'd do the eye shot out head with a Biker figure so if we don't get that figure, we probably won't get that head. I'm for innaccurracy and getting that head with the regular squad uniform, just not sure they'd do it, and I really want that head, that's a classic image in my book, worth having as an alternate for a figure. I'd like the split head too but at least I have the Sideshow mini bust for that if it came down to having it shown in my collection at all. Unless it was packed with something I really did want, I wouldn't buy it, but just for fun I'd love seeing HT tackle T-1000 fully blown apart from his final moments.

C'mon MaulFan, don't delete this.

You're safe, good fun with products is one thing, ripping on fellow collector's is another, but the door swings both ways, if someone posts images like this of the HT figure, I don't want people pleaing for them to get kicked out or the posts deleted, gotta take what gets dished.

Yeah being that Arnies gonna be a regular MMS rather than DX, i'm more than confident in seeing a T-1000 now. Knowing HT's the T-1000 will be just as he appeared in regular cop suit and not in Helicopter gear. Its all good!

The only thing I don't like about all the Roy Orbison talk in here is I keep thinking of the Fonz's character in The Waterbody :lol Anyone familiar enough with that film will know what I mean.

I still that the neca figures are brilliant. Especially for the price.

Tough crowd.

I agree that Neca has very talented sculptors and are brilliant at capturing all the nuances of a costume, but due to their lack of articulation I reckon the shouldn't be classed as action figures. Rather actionless figures.

I still that the neca figures are brilliant. Especially for the price.

Tough crowd.

I think people probably don't think so poorly of the NECA's for what they are, but someone boasting it's visually better than a figure they feel smokes the product out of the water, it draws out this sort of commentary.

I think people probably don't think so poorly of the NECA's for what they are, but someone boasting it's visually better than a figure they feel smokes the product out of the water, it draws out this sort of commentary.

Exactly. NECA is not crap but also not comparible to Hot Toys either. Not even the same league. Still I do agree for the price its a neat collectible.

That's really the main thing, enjoying things. I can understand comparisons, like "NECA's sculpt has this going on in the head, I like it better than this area on the Hot Toys one," but this weird need to boast that one product blows away another, or rather harping on people for liking a product you feel is blown away by another makes no sense. Who cares what other people think as long as they're not spending your money on the stuff you don't like :lol If someone said HT's crap, took my money for this figure and bought me 5 NECA's I'd kick their ass but if someone prefers to spend their money on NECA over HT, I don't care, as long as I get the figure I want.

I want this head

mm4_t1000_photo_01_dp.jpg

and this head

T1000.jpg

And one thing that would hopefully be corrected from the Sideshow, but not a make or break upgrade, the ability to hold the pistol left handed, the SSC gun hand is the right and as was pointed out when that shipped, he fired from the left where the holster was, but pretty standard for HT figures to be able to hold guns in either hand, or at least they have gun gripping hands for each side whether figures come with both or not.

t1000_3.jpg

The Neca Arnold figures are damn good IMO,I think they really nailed Arnolds physique with these figures.Final Battle T-800 is my most favorite Neca figure to date and then second, War Paint Conan.

The Neca Arnold figures are damn good IMO,I think they really nailed Arnolds physique with these figures.Final Battle T-800 is my most favorite Neca figure to date and then second, War Paint Conan.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Didn't you accuse NECA of stealing his design from Sideshow?

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Didn't you accuse NECA of stealing his design from Sideshow?

Nah, you got the wrong guy lol!..i think.Both figure and PF are based off the same scene, can't really think its stealing since both companies have the rights to produce whatever from that movie.I do like the Neca Conan war paint figure, they actually got the aged copper hilt right on the Neca and SS did not, they just painted it gold and not aged at all.The blood on both look pretty shotty but, its more of a eye sore on the PF,especially for what you pay for that.

Finally finished reading this thread's pages since the latest image!

The figure looks great. Amazing. Everything i'd want!

I'm really pleased the figure is of a clean Arnold, not battle damaged, as I like that look more than a beat up arnie. That's not to say I don't like battle damaged arnie, he kicks ass! It's also good because I know I don't have to worry about any future releases, I can just dive straight in there and order this badboy!

Would be great, in my opinion, if HT did only 2 T800 figs, this and the end battle damaged version. Then to cater for the cyberdine version, released some sort of weapons pack with a mini-gun and the bandolier, grenade launcher etc. This could be used with the clean figure

And being honest, I love the likeness with the shades on, without not so much. That's just going off 1 unofficial very early picture though. No worries!

Oh and I fail to see how people don't like the neca likeness !!! Can understand the points about the sculpted clothes but the likeness is epic in my opinion. It's a great figure.

i want to buy this so bad, but I have a feeling that a year from now a DX version will be released that is battle damaged.

i want to buy this so bad, but I have a feeling that a year from now a DX version will be released that is battle damaged.

I wouldn't say a DX, but I think a BD figure is certain within 2010, it's just too interesting not to do, but there's as much value to a clean T-800 as BD so they'll do two figures. Someone like Marcus Wright, there might not be enough interest to sell the regular and BD looks so they threw extra bits into one set, but I think people will buy a regular and BD T-800 from T2 easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back