Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a machine have a heart?

Thats one thing I never understood in Terminator Salvation.

What's to understand, they're infiltration units. Why would a machine need real skin, blood and sweat. The idea is to sneak them into the resistance without being discovered, Marcus was the latest evolution of design, intergrate a real brain and a real heart, now you have a programmed machine that has memories, personality and a beating heart, things that people can perceive without cutting you open. Blair had no idea he was a machine because of it and it was perfect for his mission, had he been clearly a machine, Reese would have taken him out before h ever got near Connor.

Hmm, I see your point but they'd have to kill humans each time.

The T-800 wouldn't need one (just the outside so when it's walking round it doesn't get instantly spotted as a machine) if it's a production line model but for this specific one. I just thought it was a little contrived that Marcus was given a heart and then Connor's heart got injured. Minor things I know.

Well Skynet has no problems killing people. That's essentially what all the ones in the group Kyle was taken with were for, they cut the lines out of the film but in the trailer, Connor comments that they find out the people are being rounded up to take their flesh and blood to make blood for the T-800s. You might not want to pick just anyway to make like Marcus, but they use people for all the human tissue replicated Terminators, so they might as well use the heart and brain too while they're at it.

ok, how can they improve from this point?! This is awesome! What comes next? Real hair? Or do they directly jump to real-heart-beating-features? Must have. :wacky:joy

i could see one day HT putting voice features into the figures or bases. would cost them more to do probably license-wise, and not sure everyone would appreciate it. but might be kinda fun :D once they've got the visual aspect down, they may as well move on to other dimensions of the character, right? who wouldn't want their arnie fig spouting, "COM VIDMEEE IVYU VHONTU LEEEV"?

Who was it that made a talking body?

Arnold would be awesome but if they where to implement a 'talking' line that would seem too gimmicky to me, especially in a company geared for detail and accuracy apposed to 'action features'.

i could see one day HT putting voice features into the figures or bases. would cost them more to do probably license-wise, and not sure everyone would appreciate it. but might be kinda fun :D once they've got the visual aspect down, they may as well move on to other dimensions of the character, right? who wouldn't want their arnie fig spouting, "COM VIDMEEE IVYU VHONTU LEEEV"?

I'd be game for it in the bases, as it wouldn't interfere with the base body and all, and a button per sound would be nice so you don't have to cycle through a bunch to catch 1, but, if it can't be dialogue straight out of the film I wouldn't want it. Sideshow's Scarface figures suck for that feature because it's not Pacino's voice. I see no value in voice chips for stuff like this unless it's the actual person speaking, it's like a figure based on a film character and not making the portrait to look like the actor, the actor is the character's face, they're the same, so is the voice. The only way I'd accept not using the actor is if you got someone like Frank Caliendo where you couldn't tell it's not whoever, otherwise, it's a waste.

Who was it that made a talking body?

Arnold would be awesome but if they where to implement a 'talking' line that would seem too gimmicky to me, especially in a company geared for detail and accuracy apposed to 'action features'.

yeah, you're probably right - it's a fine line between high-end collectible and toy. but as an added feature that were just in the base, i guess you could choose to use it or not. i think it would be cheaper in the base than in the body.

can't remember who made those bodies - great idea though. shame they cost a packet!

I'd be game for it in the bases, as it wouldn't interfere with the base body and all, and a button per sound would be nice so you don't have to cycle through a bunch to catch 1, but, if it can't be dialogue straight out of the film I wouldn't want it. Sideshow's Scarface figures suck for that feature because it's not Pacino's voice. I see no value in voice chips for stuff like this unless it's the actual person speaking, it's like a figure based on a film character and not making the portrait to look like the actor, the actor is the character's face, they're the same, so is the voice. The only way I'd accept not using the actor is if you got someone like Frank Caliendo where you couldn't tell it's not whoever, otherwise, it's a waste.

ah, beat me to it :lol yeah, base would be the way to go. and yep, if it's not the actor it sucks!! it's like those poor voice actors they get to do movie video games. i remember the old die hard games for PS1 - some of those lines were hilarious.

ah, beat me to it :lol yeah, base would be the way to go. and yep, if it's not the actor it sucks!! it's like those poor voice actors they get to do movie video games. i remember the old die hard games for PS1 - some of those lines were hilarious.

I can think of very recent stuff, Hallmark's Jack Sparrow ornament sounds like the voice is Cary Elwes, definitely not Johnny Depp, and it just feels like a waste. However, on the good side, Hasbro's first 14" Vader used lines from James Earl Jones and Sebastien Shaw right out of the movie and it was nice.

I'm going to take a stab and say...

We'll see Full HT Specs and Pics within 24 hrs. :D

And the figure up for P.O. at toys2 within 48 hrs.

Wookster, keep those posting fingers ready and nimble.

I'm thinking I'll be preordering 2 of these, without knowing what else is in store for T2 from Hot Toys at the moment, I may need this one to have the right Cyberdyne look I want. I would have thought if they were going to do a 2 in 1 at all, it'd be with this figure figure covering gear up until the steel mill, but since that doesn't appear to be the case, I now wonder, will we just get a full BD with some of the Cyberdyne gear and then you need a second of this first figure to have the full Cyberdyne look, or will they do 2 more figures, or a DX to cover 2 in 1 with what remains. I do want biker, Cyberdyne and Steel mill T-800 though, so whatever I need to do for it I will.

Are you also against figures being made where there are two main characters one, the actor allowed their likeness in the figure and one did not (Dutch and Billy or Kane and Dallas).

I'm going to take a stab and say...

We'll see Full HT Specs and Pics within 24 hrs. :D

And the figure up for P.O. at toys2 within 48 hrs.

Wookster, keep those posting fingers ready and nimble.

He's on holiday this week I believe, it'll probably be someone else getting to it first.

My guess is we get specs early next week, they won't waste it this week with people out and about for Holiday, next week is Sideshow's preordering so the HT full details on Monday would be fitting.

I'm only interested in Cyberdyne at this point because it will come with full arsenal weaponry and 2 heads IMO, one Mini Gun blasting head and one post SWAT shoot-out BD head. But that wouldn't be released until Fall 010 prolly. That means no shotgun or shades.

I also think there will be a DX to follow, has to be. And THAT may be THE ONE to get. But in the meantime the V1 will make many Collectors very happy during the interim.

Are you also against figures being made where there are two main characters one, the actor allowed their likeness in the figure and one did not (Dutch and Billy or Kane and Dallas).

I've never really thought about a collection that way, but it's not been an issue yet for me. I only wanted Dutch so it never even phased me with Billy being how he was, plus I know the licensing games and issues they deal with, and I never wanted Kane or Dallas so I didn't care there, and while Dallas is closer to his likeness than Kane, even that's not as dead on as other HT portraits, it was held back a bit. If they'd gotten rights to do Billy, not Dutch, I'd have noticed and been bothered, but I think they know enough to get rights, if possible, for the main guys. With Kane and Dallas I'm sure they just assumed with the space suits, the portraits inside weren't as important as other figures where the face is mor prominent.

I do wonder, if they got back to T1, I'm sure they'll pursue Arnie rights again like Dutch, but I wonder if they will or not for Biehn to do Reese.

A nice Biehn figure needs to be done. I don't care from which movie. He has done too much for sci-fi cinema not to be made into a great figure.

The ultimate would be the Iconic T1 Police Station T 800 IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back