Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking I'll be preordering 2 of these, without knowing what else is in store for T2 from Hot Toys at the moment, I may need this one to have the right Cyberdyne look I want. I would have thought if they were going to do a 2 in 1 at all, it'd be with this figure figure covering gear up until the steel mill, but since that doesn't appear to be the case, I now wonder, will we just get a full BD with some of the Cyberdyne gear and then you need a second of this first figure to have the full Cyberdyne look, or will they do 2 more figures, or a DX to cover 2 in 1 with what remains. I do want biker, Cyberdyne and Steel mill T-800 though, so whatever I need to do for it I will.
Thats what worries me, say Robert Patrick or Linda Hamilton don't let HT use their likeness (I'm not sure why since Sideshow made figures) but a young John Connor IS a worry. It'd also be such a waste a really unique figure.

This is what I want AND what I really believe they will make:

T2 Clean version (Beginning of movie)
T2 BD version (Cyberdyne aftermath)
T2 T-1000 clean
T2 DX BD version (End of movie, light up eye)

T1 Clean version (Tech Noir)
T1 BD version (Police station shootout)
T1 DX BD version (Run over by rig, light up eye)
T1 DX Kyle Reese (2-in-1 Tech Com and 1984)

Thats it. Anything else would be a huge bonus.

Thats what worries me, say Robert Patrick or Linda Hamilton don't let HT use their likeness (I'm not sure why since Sideshow made figures) but a young John Connor IS a worry. It'd also be such a waste a really unique figure.

Hamilton and Patrick and Schwarzenegger have no say in things with T2. As part of their film contracts, their likenesses were signed over for marketing, which is why Sideshow was free to do whatever, same with this T-800, the license covers it, they don't have to go to Arnold's people for approval too, just the T2 license holder.

Pretty much from T2 on in the film world, Hollywood wised up that marketing on films was as lucrative with movies as the films themselves, so likeness rights and such became standard to get in film contracts, but prior to that time, George Lucas was about the only one with the vision to get those rights. So movies like Predator, Predator 2, Alien, Aliens and The Terminator never acquired those rights so any company wanting to make product off those films needs to go the extra mile, like Hot Toys did with Dutch, to get it. That's why the original T1 figures from HT used loose likenesses, the Reese looks close to Biehn but not enough to be an issue.

That's why I expect that T1 figures will be last from Hot Toys because they'll require extra licensing work, where T2 and T3 are kind of free for all, the only people they need to sign off on them are the film license holders, they can do any likeness they want.

T2 T-1000 clean with split head
T2 T-1000 Biker with eye shot out head

Added one to your list, with T-1000, might just be a DX with the small variations in costume between patrol and biker cop, 3 heads, normal and 2 different damage ones, hook arms and pistol.

I don't even care about Tech Com Reese, if anyone likes that I think the original is fine enough, but it was such a small aspect of the film, I just want the 1984 look. I will take both coats though, green and navy from later.

Like this... THE BADASS T1

DSC06705.jpg

Sean, do you still have that fly buzzing shot you made? :lol

I'd be so annoyed if they did T3 figures but never gave us a police station T1. I prefer it to the Tech Noir, his clothes and hair looked a little too eights for me and it hasn't aged well (yes I know it was set/filmed in the 80's so that's why)

Agreed Sean, I actually forgot about Biker suit T-1000 with hole in head. Thats would be sick!

Agreed Paul, Police station Arnie IS THE TERMINATOR! I love your custom bro, so awesome.

T2 T-1000 clean

You're evil. Evel!!!!!!

Agreed Sean, I actually forgot about Biker suit T-1000 with hole in head. Thats would be sick!

Agreed Paul, Police station Arnie IS THE TERMINATOR! I love your custom bro, so awesome.

Yes indeed, that is THE Ultimate T1:rock :rock :rock

T2 T-1000 clean

I agree, this is an evil, evil post. Too much to hope for.

I want all of those, but I have to narrow it down to just one rep of T2 T-800 and T-1000.

I'd take the Cyberdyne BD version of Arnold with the bandolier and all those guns, and the Final Confrontation T-1000 with hole-in-head and no-no-no finger.

C'mon guys after like 7-8 Terminator Salvation figures you think my list is evil? :D Meh its evil regardless but I think it will happen eventually.

I think it's a reasonable list but some figures as you say maybe a 2 in 1. I hope they do battle damaged and regular T1 or T2. They could do both.

If HT had ANY balls, they'd make a

T2 Michael Edwards John Connor and

T1 Franco Columbo Terminator with light up eyes and modded 30 Cal Machine Gun. And a German Shepherd. :lol

If HT had ANY balls, they'd make a

T2 Michael Edwards John Connor and

T1 Franco Columbo Terminator with light up eyes and modded 30 Cal Machine Gun.

:lol

I don't know, HT is pretty ballsy... it took balls to make DX Batman with substandard paint and a squishy head.

I kid.... kinda.

Tech Noir would be my T1 preferance mainly because HT already kinda did the police station shootout version. And I do like that eighties look and the flatter hairstyle.

Would anyone be up for a Future T-800?
By this I mean like what HT did with the She-Predator where they design the look of the character.
I would love a T-800 with advanced weapons and future war uniform...Obviously after T1 and T2 T-800's.

I wish HT would/could clear up what their intentions are with DX, what licenses they deem eligible and how far they can go in setting it apart from MMS.

to not make a Tech Noir & police station shootout ...........would be a huge HT FAIL..............even worst than...........
"2 pack hobbit body or fail"....:lol
1.jpg

joking on young john connor and that kid ya wanna beat like a ........something something step child......:lol

but dead serious on 2 versions of T1...........:cool:

I agree, this is an evil, evil post. Too much to hope for. I want all of those, but I have to narrow it down to just one rep of T2 T-800 and T-1000. I'd take the Cyberdyne BD version of Arnold with the bandolier and all those guns, and the Final Confrontation T-1000 with hole-in-head and no-no-no finger.
That is an evil post but it needs to be true. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back