Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, this is an evil, evil post. Too much to hope for.

I want all of those, but I have to narrow it down to just one rep of T2 T-800 and T-1000.

I'd take the Cyberdyne BD version of Arnold with the bandolier and all those guns, and the Final Confrontation T-1000 with hole-in-head and no-no-no finger.

Knowing Hot Toys, They will screw us and Give us 7 Variations of Dr. Silberman instead.

cap846.bmp

Sarah Connor: "So Reese is crazy?"
Dr. Silberman: "In technical terminology: he's a loon."

250px-Doctor_Silberman_from_Terminator_2.png

250px-Silberman.jpg

250px-SCC_107_dr_silberman.jpg

Last edited:
Ha! You'd be lucky if HT even makes a Dr. Silberman. They don't really do ancillary characters.

Yup, if they do a T2 young John Connor, I will be BLOWN AWAY, to me that'd be the first time a real no-one with minimal selling features was done by HT simply because he was relevant to the film.

Yup, if they do a T2 young John Connor, I will be BLOWN AWAY, to me that'd be the first time a real no-one with minimal selling features was done by HT simply because he was relevant to the film.

LOL that will NEVER EVER happen. there is a SLIM chance we will see a Sarah, and zero to NO chance of ever seeing young John (Thank goodness)

LOL that will NEVER EVER happen. there is a SLIM chance we will see a Sarah, and zero to NO chance of ever seeing young John (Thank goodness)

why so sure? i have hopes that HT will do him and I would love to buy him. That's what HT has said so far:

The highly anticipated collectible of 2010 - the T800 from the Terminator 2 movie is coming soon to turn mission possible by protecting John Connor, the future leader of humanity in a 21st century war against machines! Let's see how John Connor and his protector survive on their own.

So maybe there is really a little chance to get the young JC!

So maybe there is really a little chance to get the young JC!

yea I would go with a REALLY LITTLE chance lol if they make him, I will be very very surprised but I am not holding my breath. and f they DO make him, I would imagine it would be a short short run, because otherwise they will be sitting on many unsold pieces. just my opinion

And you know this how?

why so sure?

I don't think the statement was anything definitive, but just based on HT's history with lines.

ALIENS - No Newt or Bishop, who last longer in the film and were more important than Drake and Apone, but didn't have badass guns and armor so those guys were made and the others not.

Pirates of the Caribbean - No Captain Barbossa made, one of the most prominent and important characters in the series.

TDK - No Commssioner Gordon, one of the main characters of the Nolan Batman films and one of the most important people in the history of Batman.

Iron Man - No Iron Monger, variants upon variants of the film's hero, no villain.

Terminator Salvation - No Kyle Reese, someone very important to the franchise, but you get a bunch of T-600s which hardly had screen time.

Hot Toys, while great at making product, plays it safe when it comes to character choices. They'll sell umpteen versions of a sure seller, but don't take chances on one figure for a character who may be very important but not necessarily going to sell like crazy.

Man, if they made the T-1000, John Connor, Sarah Connor and an MMS DX Uncle Bob to go along with this T-800 I'd buy them all! That would be crazy and surprising.

Out of all of them thought I'd want the T-1000 the most. Regular and motorcycle cop.

I won't lie, I know some here wouldn't even touch a Hot Toys John Connor but I think he would be really cool. The 90s clothing, the public enemies t-shirt, his back pack with the 1984 Terminator Endo arm and CPU, that would be hard to pass up. I have doubts that they would even make him though. He'd probably sell like Harvey Dent/Two-Face.

After it is all said and done hopefully we see the 1984 Terminator and Kyle Reese!

IF they do a John Connor, people with either have to customize his t-shirt or HT will use some sort of generic, similar text on it, but they won't use the exact Public Enemies because I'm sure that's now copywritten or something for the film.

IF they do a John Connor, people with either have to customize his t-shirt or HT will use some sort of generic, similar text on it, but they won't use the exact Public Enemies because I'm sure that's now copywritten or something for the film.

Yeah. This is all speculation anyway. I'm sure we'll never see him.

T-1000 is a must though. I don't know if Hot Toys has the license to produce figures from the first Terminator film but like everyone else on here, I'd like to see a Tech Noir/Police shoot out Arnold and a Kyle Reese.

I don't think the statement was anything definitive, but just based on HT's history with lines.

:lecture:lecture:lecture
ALIENS - No Newt or Bishop, who last longer in the film and were more important than Drake and Apone, but didn't have badass guns and armor so those guys were made and the others not.

Who were basically a bunch of variations of a Colonial Marine.
Pirates of the Caribbean - No Captain Barbossa made, one of the most prominent and important characters in the series.

Not as visually appealing as a Davey Jones or Elizabeth Swan.
TDK - No Commssioner Gordon, one of the main characters of the Nolan Batman films and one of the most important people in the history of Batman.

Gordon wouldn't sell as much. They did Batman and produced 3 Jokers to appeal to the Ledger fanatics (that's putting it lightly) who really should've stopped buying after BR Joker but just couldn't help themselves. :lol
Iron Man - No Iron Monger, variants upon variants of the film's hero, no villain.

A HUGE task which probably boiled down to a MKI vs. Iron Monger with them naturally picking the MKI. It's rumored they're still toying with producing one but with the new film on the fringe, I'm not sure we'll see one.
Terminator Salvation - No Kyle Reese, someone very important to the franchise, but you get a bunch of T-600s which hardly had screen time.

Unfortunately, I'm in the camp that wouldn't buy him just like I didn't buy multiple versions of the T-600 either (just the Sideshow Ex). I don't think little Chekhov would've been a big seller at the $150 price tag either.
Hot Toys, while great at making product, plays it safe when it comes to character choices. They'll sell umpteen versions of a sure seller, but don't take chances on one figure for a character who may be very important but not necessarily going to sell like crazy.

This is why I fail to understand why everybody and their grandmother wants HT to take over just about every toy license. They justify multiple releases with "How many Predators did they do?" or "Look how many Aliens/Marines we got!" failing to see that they're still basically just variants. No Harrigan with P2, no humans with either AVP or AVP-R (no, Machiko doesn't count) as MF pointed out, no Bishop or Newt with the Alien franchise. HT has a history of going only toe-deep in the pool releasing a measly 1-3 figures from a license and then moving on unless with minimal effort they can produce a variant of a surefire selling figure or a new character variant with minimal effort.

This is why I fail to understand why everybody and their grandmother wants HT to take over just about every toy license. They justify multiple releases with "How many Predators did they do?" or "Look how many Aliens/Marines we got!" failing to see that they're still basically just variants. No Harrigan with P2, no humans with either AVP or AVP-R (no, Machiko doesn't count) as MF pointed out, no Bishop or Newt with the Alien franchise. HT has a history of going only toe-deep in the pool releasing a measly 1-3 figures from a license and then moving on unless with minimal effort they can produce a variant of a surefire selling figure or a new character variant with minimal effort.

I've asked, and often the answer is those people would prefer a few top quality figures of the main, big selling names and never see secondary characters. Personally I prefer a balance of quality and line substance, which isn't Hot Toys, you get some great figures but never a full line.

I've asked, and often the answer is those people would prefer a few top quality figures of the main, big selling names and never see secondary characters. Personally I prefer a balance of quality and line substance, which isn't Hot Toys, you get some great figures but never a full line.

While they say that, we always see the opposite. People crying for Gordon, Bishop, Harrigan, another Lost Predator, the rest of the Predator Team Testosterone cast, more POTA (which I laugh at as a prime example of why HT should NOT do every license), Barbosa, etc. So while people might say that, I think they're seriously full of ****. :lol

Well, secondary characters do seem to fall by the wayside these days, but they did make a Trautman back in the day.

Don't expect T2 little John, or big John, or even Sarah.

Well, secondary characters do seem to fall by the wayside these days

Unfortunately with most lines, yes, Star Wars seems to be the only license with enough selling power to make any old character in and not have it hurt you too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back