Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring on the awesomeness. I'd rather have a T1 from HT but hopefully that will come eventually if they get the license

250px-SCC_107_dr_silberman.jpg

I'm one of seemingly few on here who actually liked T:TSCC but what were they thinking with that hair??

Connor wasn't just relevant to the film, he was the whole point of it.

He wasn't really 'the point'. The point was always Arnie. John connor was just a name in T1, and it was Arnie that people wanted to see playing the Terminator again. However I do want a young John Connor, most ideally made by NECA for the 7" line as I'd buy a few for a few different scenes. By HT I'd take just one.

LOL that will NEVER EVER happen. there is a SLIM chance we will see a Sarah, and zero to NO chance of ever seeing young John (Thank goodness)

Why "thank goodness"? Why be pleased at something not being made that other people do want to see released?

IF they do a John Connor, people with either have to customize his t-shirt or HT will use some sort of generic, similar text on it, but they won't use the exact Public Enemies because I'm sure that's now copywritten or something for the film.

I always thought it was a t shirt for the band Public Enemy. So copyright laws would probably be down to them.

He completely was the point of the film. The story of someone trying to assasinate him.

I dunno, does anyone say Sarah Connor was completely the point of T1 since it was the story of someone trying to assassinate her?

In story terms they're important of course but as far as the film-going audience was and is concerned - Arnies Terminator is the raison d'etre.

I dunno, does anyone say Sarah Connor was completely the point of T1 since it was the story of someone trying to assassinate her?

Yes, I do. Really good stories have some point ultimately driving character actions. T1 was the race to save or kill Sarah Connor, T2 was the race to save or kill John Connor. I consider them both very important to the respective stories because the whole purpose for being for the two mains in each film was to deal with that 3rd character. Cameron even said in an interview about T-1, the point of the story was Sarah, that women could be powerful, that someone who seems average and meaningless in the grand picture of the world today could very well be key to greater things later.

The T-800 and T-1000 aren't arch enemies duking it out in the past, they were in conflict because they had goals relative to John.

It's like people with Indy collections wanting all the artifacts he went after in each movie, the point for characters' actions is as desirable as the characters.

T-800 is a badass figure and I'll enjoy this and any variants they do, but if I could have the kid he was assigned to protect, I'd enjoy it even more.

Little John was the target in T2. Why Big John sent him his own Terminator to protect him. Sarah was no longer the target as John was already born. Get it? :D

"Wow, my very own Terminator!" That line always bugged the sh-it out of me. :lol

Little John was the target in T2. Why Big John sent him his own Terminator to protect him. Sarah was no longer the target as John was already born. Get it? :D

"Wow, my very own Terminator!" That line always bugged the sh-it out of me. :lol

I'd like an opportunity to say that :D, only if I had the $$$ to buy one of those big life size ones.

I'm one of seemingly few on here who actually liked T:TSCC but what were they thinking with that hair??

He wasn't really 'the point'. The point was always Arnie. John connor was just a name in T1, and it was Arnie that people wanted to see playing the Terminator again. However I do want a young John Connor, most ideally made by NECA for the 7" line as I'd buy a few for a few different scenes. By HT I'd take just one.

Why "thank goodness"? Why be pleased at something not being made that other people do want to see released?

why thank goodness? I will tell you why:

1 - because he would not sell and it would be a big waste
2 - would rather have a better figure, like say T1 Arnie, a DX Arnie, or even T1 Kyle over Sarah OR John
3 - I would rather have any of those because they are visually appealing and would make great figures, where as Sarah and John would make some pretty limp, lame figures, IN MY OPINION

They make multiple variants to offset the costs. Plain and simple. That is one reason why you will most likely not see lil' J, because he would need a whole new body made just for him, and honestly, how many variants would you be able to make? John with his hair falling down the left side of his face, followed by John with hair falling down the righ tside of his face? Economically and business-wise, it's a no-win situation.

2 - would rather have a better figure, like say T1 Arnie, a DX Arnie, or even T1 Kyle over Sarah OR John
3 - I would rather have any of those because they are visually appealing and would make great figures, where as Sarah and John would make some pretty limp, lame figures, IN MY OPINION

They make multiple variants to offset the costs. Plain and simple. That is one reason why you will most likely not see lil' J, because he would need a whole new body made just for him, and honestly, how many variants would you be able to make? John with his hair falling down the left side of his face, followed by John with hair falling down the righ tside of his face? Economically and business-wise, it's a no-win situation.

Yeah for Hot Toys. But from our point of view I see no reason to be thankful that the figure won't get made. Even if it failed for HT one failure is not going to close them down - we'd continue to get figures from them. I'd also rather have Tech Noir T-800 but as a collector I'm allowed be greedy and ask for both! It won't happen but I'm allowed ask. Your logic is sound, I'm not arguing with it but HT will look after itself, it doesn't need us to encourage it to not make certain figures.

I don't necessarily think a Sarah figure is out of the question. It'd give them a great opportunity to utilize the female TT. For T2, they can easily give us the figure Sideshow should have, complete with Tactical Vest, cap, shades, pistols and rifle. For T1, Accessories will be on the lighter end, but they could provide the gym bag w/pipe bombs.

If the Medicom Young Indiana Jones (River Phoenix) figure can sell then I think a young John Connor (Edward Furlong) figure could sell too.

Well, much as I hate to agree, he probably would be a poor seller, as a figure it's just a figure of a kid.

Maybe the fandom for it is stronger that you'd expect, but if Two-Face couldn't sell well, I imagine Connor would do worse.

I don't think theres a precedent for it but what about a T2 Sarah and John Connor 2-pack? In theory 2 less-wanted characters packaged together might be more enticing to people to complete a set. Unless anyone can suggest why that would be a very unlikely move by HT. I'm open to hearing it.

Multiple versions of Arnold as a Terminator will sell. I think that's been clear for years. So that's what HT will milk.

T-1000 is very, very likely, but no where the seller that Arnold is.

Sarah and John... I think their representation in the history of toys, or lack thereof, is indication enough just how well they would sell. And I think HT will honor that trend.

What exactly would you do with the little boy if you had one anyway? Put him cringing behind your T-800? Put him on the back of your Harley? Why ruin the display?

I don't think they have ever done a 2 pack. I'd like to see it in this case though where we have 2 characters who wouldn't generally attract the same interest as the action-men T-800 and T-1000 but who are nevertheless so important to the film that many people would feel their T2 collection was incomplete without them.

Dare I mention DX again (I know :rolleyes:) but if HT decided to use that avenue to not just remake previously made figures they might fit a 2-pack of Sarah and John in there and perhaps not have to skimp on the accessories...or the development of the new base bodies possibly would mean they'd have to skimp on accessories I dunno. My other DX idea is brand new T-800 endoskeletons, one specific for T1 and one specific for T2 - again though that idea may breach the parameters of DX. If only we knew more definitively what DX can be.

What exactly would you do with the little boy if you had one anyway? Put him cringing behind your T-800? Put him on the back of your Harley? Why ruin the display?

In what way would that ruin the display? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back