Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you guys are waaaay off topic lol
Based on the pictures this Arnie really is very minimal compared to all other figures I have bought so far. JC had tons of complex military gear, Marcus had normal and BD head and BD jacket, even two face had the clean face and jacket thrown in. I am actually hoping that they will include at least the BD head besides just the endo arm, some flowers and shotgun :( The shots we have seen are not the typical overview shot but I guess chances are really getting slim now?

Yes Connor had extensive combat gear, but that's hist costume, everything he comes with was on his person for the scene the figure is based on. This Terminator isn't as in depth as that, but this completely covers him for the opening 1/3 of T2, other than a bullet hole riddled jacket, and still waiting on the black t-shirt, there isn't anything you need for T2 Arnie from the start of the movie up until Cyberdyne that isn't in this set.

No, this is just the first offering, which is always minimal compared to the later versions. Wait for BD version.

Not only that, but the other versions they could do are extensive enough between damage parts and weapons to do full on figures. If Marcus could have been stretched that way, he would have, but really, a different jacket and a beat up head and you have his alternate look, there was too little to make a second figure out of. Same thing for Two-Face and Dent, you couldn't sell a Dent on his own, the 2 in 1 barely sold, so they just combined both into one set.

Not only that, but the other versions they could do are extensive enough between damage parts and weapons to do full on figures. If Marcus could have been stretched that way, he would have, but really, a different jacket and a beat up head and you have his alternate look, there was too little to make a second figure out of. Same thing for Two-Face and Dent, you couldn't sell a Dent on his own, the 2 in 1 barely sold, so they just combined both into one set.

So it really wouldn't be much more effort to toss in an extra BD head, set of gloved hands and bullet riddled gray shirt and jacket.

Heres how Hot Toys could do Connor. If they packaged him with the dirt bike, the figure would have 2 major selling points

1- The bike, if it was really well made, detailed, weathered screen accurate.

2- A brand new child True Type body. New bodies sell. Period. If its exclusive to Connor, people will want it regardless of the character.

3- If they release him last , people who have already invested in the set will feel like "Well what the hell might as well finsih it "

This would make it a viable product

3- If they release him last , people who have already invested in the set will feel like "Well what the hell might as well finsih it "

This would make it a viable product

This last point didn't work too well for Two-Face... and he's a much more interesting character.

Fact is, people get bored and move on to other things fairly quickly in this hobby. Placing Connor last would do nothing to help sell him and would actually hurt his sales (the few there would be).

Adding the bike or something large and of interest might be the only way to help sell him. As a-dev said, he'd make a nice extra for a Sarah Connor figure.

Yeah, you put him last and he's going to lose out to whatever else is new when that time comes, his best chance is a Sarah or any other character 2pack or coming out earlier on in the line.

I know John would just be an action figure of a little kid but I'll never forget the first scene in the teaser trailer in early 1991. The close up of John turning around on his bike right before the semi crashes through the wall above the canal. A truly iconic moment that instantly blew me away.

Yeah, you put him last and he's going to lose out to whatever else is new when that time comes, his best chance is a Sarah or any other character 2pack or coming out earlier on in the line.

I agree if he and sarah don't come before all the possible T-800/T-1000 versions we can be fairly sure at that point that they're not coming at all.

We do this every time when HT gets a new license. We talk about all the figures HT could make and when the dust settles HT have only made the bare minimum of characters. Look at the P1 line. Dutch, Billy and Predator is it. I would have thought Blaine, Mac and maybe Dillon would have been sure things but not so for HT.

Yeah for Hot Toys. But from our point of view I see no reason to be thankful that the figure won't get made. Even if it failed for HT one failure is not going to close them down - we'd continue to get figures from them. I'd also rather have Tech Noir T-800 but as a collector I'm allowed be greedy and ask for both! It won't happen but I'm allowed ask. Your logic is sound, I'm not arguing with it but HT will look after itself, it doesn't need us to encourage it to not make certain figures.

I do understand and agree with you, but I will say that I personally would not want to see a John figure, I just feel that without getting into the whole "blank blank was the whole purpose of the movie" that John in the toy lin eis insignificant and a boring figure, and I personally would NOT want to see him get made. I am sorry if it goes against what you would like to see, but I think that HT should know both sides of the demand, no?

As for NECA, you will get T1000 (along with cool variants) and that's it. I can almost guarantee no Sarah and no John (and definitely no other secondary characters). They will definitely not be worth it for them to make, as they will not sell enough to warrant making them.

I agree if he and sarah don't come before all the possible T-800/T-1000 versions we can be fairly sure at that point that they're not coming at all.

We do this every time when HT gets a new license. We talk about all the figures HT could make and when the dust settles HT have only made the bare minimum of characters. Look at the P1 line. Dutch, Billy and Predator is it. I would have thought Blaine, Mac and maybe Dillon would have been sure things but not so for HT.

yes I am very surprised they did not make a Blaine figure, especially with ol' painless. That is a figure they SHOULD have made, especially over Billy. But who knows what went on behind the scenes.

As for a 2-pack, going back to what I said, if they have to make a whole new body for John, then that would be even less likely than a single pack. You just doubled the cost with a new body, and the price would probably be ridiculously high. Unless they have some generic kid body, count that out as a big fat no.

I would buy both Sarah and John from T2 but for you guys saying Sarah would be a boring figure do you really think so ?.
I think she could make a kick ass figure.

SarahConnor.jpg

I would buy both Sarah and John from T2 but for you guys saying Sarah would be a boring figure do you really think so ?.

please note I was saying John would make a boring figure.

SarahConnor.jpg

And Sideshow already made a decent figure of her, just like that.

I've still got mine. I do think its an awesome figure and I'm not one to moan about joints but with this one it did get to me a little personally.

83041_press02-001.jpg

The joints might be another reason hot toys would avoid a figure of her since I'm sure they know joints showing can put people off of their stuff and with Sarah from T2 theres not many options other than the jacket she puts on but that isn't to memorable.
I still think though Sarah deserves hot toys treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back