Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love mine, of course it was repainted by Les. And Josh made the jacket.

DSC00107-1.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

Sarah.jpg

that looks great man and yeah thats the jacket I was talking about.
Hot toys could always include one for people put off by joints although I would imagine they would rather jut not make it. :lol

I prefer the jacket one there pjam, but they are both neat.

Once again, Hot Toys, I NEED a little John Connor, so get it done....pwease.

I want a John much more than Sarah , the beggining of the movie has alwas been the best part for me and Sarah is barely in it.
Plus theres just something iconic about the Arnold T-800 and Edward Furlong John together. How they met and how eventually the T-800 saved him to become the leader of the resistance.
Its like having figures from how it all started. :rock

In fact that would be T1 figures wouldn't it ?. :lol
Well I want those too so my point still stands. :D

This last point didn't work too well for Two-Face... and he's a much more interesting character.

Fact is, people get bored and move on to other things fairly quickly in this hobby. Placing Connor last would do nothing to help sell him and would actually hurt his sales (the few there would be).

Adding the bike or something large and of interest might be the only way to help sell him. As a-dev said, he'd make a nice extra for a Sarah Connor figure.

Two-Face is stuck in the shadow of the Ledger child-bearing fanatics though. His Joker gets all the attention despite the movie being about the rise and fall of Harvey Dent. I think releasing Connor next, while all the hype is fresh would be a better choice, but even releasing him last would relatively garner the same sales. Those who want him will buy. Those who don't, won't.

We do this every time when HT gets a new license. We talk about all the figures HT could make and when the dust settles HT have only made the bare minimum of characters. Look at the P1 line. Dutch, Billy and Predator is it. I would have thought Blaine, Mac and maybe Dillon would have been sure things but not so for HT.

This line and Predator 1 are different though. Arnold Schwarzennerg, Linda Hamilton, Robert Patrick and Edward Furlong are all covered for likeness rights under the T2 contract, heck, I would assume even the guy who briefly played old John Connor since Sideshow made him as a bust.

Fact is, the majority of collectors are extremely focused on the exactness of likenesses on these figures. Predator was doomed like Alien and Aliens because there are no likeness rights with those properties and you either have to do all the leg work, even still might not get the rights to use likenesses, or put out figures like Billy which aren't going to sell well because outside of their gear, it's a generic figure basically. With T2, you can make them as exact to the film as you want and make a product up to people's standards.

We could have another Alien/Predator scenario, but at least with T2, there's a bit of hope for seeing more. T1 on the other hand will suffer the same fate, it will only be as extensive as they feel is worth it for sales.

I've still got mine. I do think its an awesome figure and I'm not one to moan about joints but with this one it did get to me a little personally.

The joints might be another reason hot toys would avoid a figure of her since I'm sure they know joints showing can put people off of their stuff and with Sarah from T2 theres not many options other than the jacket she puts on but that isn't to memorable.
I still think though Sarah deserves hot toys treatment.

I know joints are an issue for some people, but I find that with Sarah, it wasn't so much the joints exposed as the body that was used.

The female Buck has a lot of strikes against it for Sarah Connor.

1) Too skinny at the waist.
2) Too large in the chest.
3) Too skinny in the arms.
4) Too tiny a neck in proportion to the head.

The head thing is one of the worst parts, even Hot Toys female bodies have had the issue, the way the necks flow into the heads, there's a strong gap between the jawline and the neck, but even the most slender necked females don't look like that and it makes for awkward looking figures, unless their clothes have a collar or something that can hide it.

HT Sarah wouldn't be flawless, but I think the HT female TT would overall look better than the Buck. I've actually got one on order at the moment that I've considered using for a swap on Sarah.

We could have another Alien/Predator scenario, but at least with T2, there's a bit of hope for seeing more. T1 on the other hand will suffer the same fate, it will only be as extensive as they feel is worth it for sales.

T1 won't feel so bad though because the only other character in it who would ever be a candidate to be made into a figure would be Sarah connor. She definitely won't be made because she wears (80s) civilian clothes and doesn't use any weapons. But surely HT will pursue the likeness rights for Arnie and Michael Biehn. Unless one or both of those guys for some reason refuse I think we'll be satisfied with the T1 line. It seems a given that HT will make both the Tech Noir stage and police shootout and BD head phases of the T-800 and also at long last a 1984 Kyle Reese.

Probably been asked, but I'm not going back to read through the 1400+ posts to find the answer.

Will there be an exclusive edition on the one that SS is about to offer?

I'm even weary of whether we'll see Reese. Arnie's got proven selling power so I know they'll pursue that, plus they've already got an established relationship with his people from Dutch so it'll be less painful a process than Dutch was, I don't know what it'll take with Biehn and if they'll be willing to pursue it, I hope so, and if they get the rights and do the future one again and no '84 I'll be very let down.

I just want this and a bd Arnold. If they do more than that of Arnold then that's great. But at the least give us those two.

I want to see BD T-800 next simply because it's the one 12" T2 figure I've really wanted and hasn't been done, if HT does T2 figures and for some reason all we get is the Sideshow redux one here, I'll be bummed, it's a nice upgrade, but I care more about what we didn't already get than upgrades of what we have. I want to see BD T-800, young John Connor, final battle Sarah and BD T-1000.

I'm even weary of whether we'll see Reese. Arnie's got proven selling power so I know they'll pursue that, plus they've already got an established relationship with his people from Dutch so it'll be less painful a process than Dutch was, I don't know what it'll take with Biehn and if they'll be willing to pursue it, I hope so, and if they get the rights and do the future one again and no '84 I'll be very let down.

I'm not. You definitely need the protagonist of the T1 film and I think his 1984 version would be a big seller with all the accessories, etc. The only headache would be getting the likeness rights and I don't see Michael being as much an ass as Sonny was.

Probably been asked, but I'm not going back to read through the 1400+ posts to find the answer.

Will there be an exclusive edition on the one that SS is about to offer?

I think we'd all love to know that. When do these SS exclusives generally come to light? I don't wanna go ordering 2 of the regular version only to find out later that SS have some cooler exclusive.

As to Kyle Reese, yeah I consider a 1984 figure of him quite imperative. It'll be a big let-down if we don't see him. It'd also be nice to get a new head for the future soldier outfit they made years ago and good replacements for those bizarre "you've been tangoed" hands!

That brings to mind another question - the old T1 fgures are at a slightly larger scale than more recent HT figures...I think. I'll have to unbox them to check this. And I think the endoskeleton was made to scale with those. Will the new figures be in line with that?

I think we'd all love to know that. When do these SS exclusives generally come to light? I don't wanna go ordering 2 of the regular version only to find out later that SS have some cooler exclusive.

That brings to mind another question - the old T1 fgures are at a slightly larger scale than more recent HT figures...I think. I'll have to unbox them to check this. And I think the endoskeleton was made to scale with those. Will the new figures be in line with that?

If Sideshow has an Ex. it'll be up for order when this figure goes up next Thursday, 1/7.

As for the Endo, I just stood mine up next to the T:S Connor and they're about equal height, I never had Reese or T-800 but the Endo's in scale to modern figures.

MEGA PUMPED for this figure !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jg6RLjAiVLM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jg6RLjAiVLM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back