Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but look at Sideshow's Indy line, they're about $100 each and you've gotten Toht, Belloq, and Indy Sr. And while we could open up debate about how these go for discount and second chances and all, the people still got something they wanted, and Sideshow's done it time and again and doesn't seem to be hurting. HT has such huge success with some figures, I just don't see why they couldn't take a gamble now and then to do something the line really could use included. Like Salvation, Reese would have been nice, and with the sales of all the T-600s, 2 Connors, Marcus, T-700 and T-700 dio, they couldn't afford to take a chance on Reese?

I totally agree MF. Hot toys needs to gamble a little bit. And I still do want a kyle reese from terminator salvation.:monkey2

Only problem is HT doesn't always make both heroes and villains from their chosen films so Kyle Reese wouldn't be a given even in that positive scenario. We just have to hope.

Again though, with the amount of accessories a 1984 version will come with, and him being the main protagonist, I think it'll come easy. Plus, Michael's not a ****** like Sonny, so it's not a matter of "IF" but "when." Plus there's also the potential that people might pick up more than one to do a custom future Reese if HT doesn't do a multi-kit reproducing the older future outfit to pack with the new one ala MJ & Marcus.

Yeah, but look at Sideshow's Indy line, they're about $100 each and you've gotten Toht, Belloq, and Indy Sr. And while we could open up debate about how these go for discount and second chances and all, the people still got something they wanted, and Sideshow's done it time and again and doesn't seem to be hurting. HT has such huge success with some figures, I just don't see why they couldn't take a gamble now and then to do something the line really could use included. Like Salvation, Reese would have been nice, and with the sales of all the T-600s, 2 Connors, Marcus, T-700 and T-700 dio, they couldn't afford to take a chance on Reese?

I doubt he would've sold enough to justify how much they'd put into him. And likely his inability to move would hurt any chances of an adult Reese. I would easily, without a second thought pass on a kid Reese to get an adult release of the character.

I'm sure Michael wouldn't refuse his likeness, but how much would he want for it, how much say would he want to have on the final work.

Arnold's people seemed to delay Dutch's unveiling quite a bit and kept having the sculpt tweaked more, for Arnold's likeness on Dutch, it was worth their time, money and effort, but Michael Biehn's, they might not deem worth if it takes as much effort as Arnold's.

Dutch was big, typically they just play their hidden likeness games or use heads that don't even look close. They luck out most of the time because they do licenses that are covered or stick to creaters from ones where they aren't.

I'm sure Michael wouldn't refuse his likeness, but how much would he want for it, how much say would he want to have on the final work.

Arnold's people seemed to delay Dutch's unveiling quite a bit and kept having the sculpt tweaked more, for Arnold's likeness on Dutch, it was worth their time, money and effort, but Michael Biehn's, they might not deem worth if it takes as much effort as Arnold's.

Dutch was big, typically they just play their hidden likeness games or use heads that don't even look close. They luck out most of the time because they do licenses that are covered or stick to creaters from ones where they aren't.

Didn't someone, somewhere on these threads post pics of him meeting Michael B. and asked him would he mind if they made his figure and he had no problem with it?? I do feel it will be as hard to get his likeness from him at all, but I could be wrong.

Didn't someone, somewhere on these threads post pics of him meeting Michael B. and asked him would he mind if they made his figure and he had no problem with it?? I do feel it will be as hard to get his likeness from him at all, but I could be wrong.

I don't recall anyone saying that of Biehn, I did see a post regarding Richard Chavez who played Poncho in Predator.

The thing is, I'm sure many would like to see it, BUT, they also want their money for it, and some will be particular about how they look. I'm sure his likeness was covered in the contract for Salvation, but Hot Toys published that McG and Bale both had to approve the John Connor head, probably why they cut the corner and just reused it for the second figure, no need for more approvals. I question that though, unless Bale wanted himself idealized, I would think he'd recognize the figure not having his nose.

I don't recall anyone saying that of Biehn, I did see a post regarding Richard Chavez who played Poncho in Predator.

The thing is, I'm sure many would like to see it, BUT, they also want their money for it, and some will be particular about how they look. I'm sure his likeness was covered in the contract for Salvation, but Hot Toys published that McG and Bale both had to approve the John Connor head, probably why they cut the corner and just reused it for the second figure, no need for more approvals. I question that though, unless Bale wanted himself idealized, I would think he'd recognize the figure not having his nose.

I think he was referring to that one post where a member here had Biehn autograph a boxed Aliens Hicks figure. He mentioned that it was a cool figure and that he knew nothing about it.

Do you guys think that Hot Toys will treat us with the specs pics of the figure new years eve or possibly new years day? I figure it would be a good way for them to start off the new year.

I think he was referring to that one post where a member here had Biehn autograph a boxed Aliens Hicks figure. He mentioned that it was a cool figure and that he knew nothing about it.

Hadn't caught that, but I had read about Poncho so I just figured.

I don't doubt he'd be cool with it, and I'm sure to a fan's face he wouldn't do anything to look mean, but when it's behind closed doors with lawyers and contracts, he may want big money or lots of control over how it looks. Not that I can blame him, but I believe Biehn denied use of his likeness or involvement in Alien 3 because of Hicks being killed off, or he was killed off because of it, I'm not sure which, but I remember catching something where there was an issue with Biehn related to Hicks in Alien 3.

I don't doubt he'd be cool with it, and I'm sure to a fan's face he wouldn't do anything to look mean, but when it's behind closed doors with lawyers and contracts, he may want big money or lots of control over how it looks. Not that I can blame him, but I believe Biehn denied use of his likeness or involvement in Alien 3 because of Hicks being killed off, or he was killed off because of it, I'm not sure which, but I remember catching something where there was an issue with Biehn related to Hicks in Alien 3.

Yeah good point ............ then again its just Michael Biehn anyway. Who knows.

I do believe that Biehn went thru a prick phase at one point in his popularity...around the time of "Tombstone". Most likely, that has passed along with his demand.

I do believe that Biehn went thru a prick phase at one point in his popularity...around the time of "Tombstone". Most likely, that has passed along with his demand.

I suppose that's possible too, some guys swell up and then come back down to reality.

I know Carl Weathers hasn't :lol

I suppose that's possible too, some guys swell up and then come back down to reality.

I know Carl Weathers hasn't :lol

:rotfl We thought of the same actor at the same time! :D The problem with Carl Weathers is, he really thinks he`s Muhammad Ali in real life. :D

Huh, Michael Biehn had an uncredited appearance in 'Grease' as a basketball player according to a search I just did. And I noticed a few films I'd completely forgotten about - 'Timebomb' and K2!

I read that also not sure what thread it came from though maybe it was another board.

Hot toys made a Future War Kyle Reese in 1/6 scale a few yeards back..looked awesome!, and i met micheal Bean at a moster con back in MArch, GREAT GUY!, hes really cool..and Alot taller than u think..it was crazy cause Terminator, ALiens are like my favorite movies of all time so it was awesome..i would like to have the hot toys figure..with his signature. but he signed a aliens poster for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back