Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm surprised there's weathering at all on the purple coat. 99% of their releases, if not all, has the outfits looking sparkly clean, to a fault. Nice to see it here.

They definitely spent extra time and attention to this one, especially with it being their first Artisan release. They're also hiding the box because it's probably a special looking one, which can either be a good thing or a bad thing if they one up INART in that area. :lol

They did.
Insider information? I don't recall seeing it in any pics (even just rechecking all the official photos just now) nor them mentioning it in their little video. It's something I've been curious about since this figure was revealed.

Last edited:
Insider information? I don't recall seeing it in any pics (even just rechecking all the official photos just now) nor them mentioning it in their little video. It's something I've been curious about since this figure was revealed.
IMG_2421.jpeg

Cool thanks. Funny- I’ve watched that video so much and never noticed that :lol :slap I guess not many did either since I’ve brought it up a few times with no answer. From that, they don’t look as good as InArt’s.
Hot toys are weird, they included them with the DX01, skipped them on the DX11, now they’re back. They’ve probably gone with cheap pleather on the straps that attach to the pants again which means these suspenders will be gone in no time. InArts suspenders were actually quality although not entirely accurate.

I wouldn't be too excited, some figures from the previous "upcoming releases" post still haven't released yet including 89 Batman. What worries me most is the fact that Joker's box is not in the picture, maybe this is just Hot Toys being Hot Toys and did this to block some potential sales of Kojun Works Joker. However maybe Joker is just releasing early, we will see...

I don't think kojun joker will have an effect, it's sold out and also price point isn't really aimed at most collectors.

I do hope we see deluxe packaging though like the old DX figures. Rather than plastic clam shell and a flimsy box given the price.

I don't think kojun joker will have an effect, it's sold out and also price point isn't really aimed at most collectors.

I do hope we see deluxe packaging though like the old DX figures. Rather than plastic clam shell and a flimsy box given the price.
Yeah, you are right. But there are still some retailers that has some versions of Kojun Joker available. The box will be similar to Black Adam's box since this is a DX release, but that still doesn't explain why it wasn't shown in the picture since Black Adam's box or any other DX box was shown in the previous "upcoming releases" posts.

I wouldn't be too excited, some figures from the previous "upcoming releases" post still haven't released yet including 89 Batman.

At the current rate of the releases on the last upcoming release picture, Batman 89 will be out in the next 3 weeks.

I think I’m over the whole rooted hair craze. The sculpted is looking better and better to me now. I may have to switch.
I have no horse in this race, I'm just generally interested in all things Ledger. The sculpted does look better to me too. It has since day 1. Better value at the price of the standard as well.

You can probably sell the artisan for more than what it retailed for.

Blogger photos will have artisan hair styled. What matters is what Joe Schmoe will see when he opens his box at home. I'm not too worried, too much is riding on this, and I guess Anakin if he's near release too for them to mess it up. Joker and Anakin's hair is a good pick for this rooted hair thing, I'm more curious for how they handle shorter and more smooth hair figures like Luke and Loki.

I'm not a hair stylist but having clothing of fine wool it is surprisingly malleable and should be quite easy to work with if they did research on what product to use.

Sigh....yeah ok, this guy, Bane AND 89' Batman 2.0 might aswell come out now too. At a time when I can do the least spending ever let everything I've had on my want list CONVERGE!!!
I just hadda not get red and blue final suit spidey because Prime 1 decided to release their Legacy art Guts Berserk statue a YEAR early - a year. SURPRISE, he's here lol for a 1300AUD statue that I thought I had to pay for mid to late next year ugh. Had deposit on it, do really want it so...I'm excited but like sheesh man, how can people budget stuff out if things like that happen, makes me scared to preorder another one of their statues esp even higher priced ones cos like if they're just gonna drop it an entire year before the release date... how does that even happen lol

And now people speculating this Joker early, which is the only other figure i have a deposit on atm...cool yep hah

Back