Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how rooted hair on figures became a thing and suddenly every collector is a seasoned hair stylist.

If you can't pull off the look of the film, you've failed.

That base is garbage.
Box can’t be that big, my order says shipping is $21.33, this doesn’t really come with much being a DX.

IMG_2426.jpeg

Last edited:
The hair is just ridiculous. So voluminous and tall.

Amazed people are praising this (sculpt) but to each their own.
I think ppl are praising it b/c it appears to be better than InArt's effort. Sure, it's not a Yuan or Heise level, but from a mass produced standpoint, this is still better. InArt's TDK joker has even more volume in the hair than this, so the HT feels like an improvement. The final hair work appears to be better than the original Artisan proto as well. Again, not exactly accurate to the thinness of Ledgers real hair, but still better than what is currently available at the mass produced level.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s a rush job since this is a convention exclusive, but the paint looks terrible. All those pores make his skin texture look really weird - especially on his nose.

The glass eyes and rooted hair help sell the whole thing, but the paint looks like the original Bank Robber Joker from back in the day.

Production piece is definitely closer to the advertised product where Inart dropped the ball on their first attempt. However, people have forgetten that even if that was the case, it was miles better than any previous attempt HT has given the collectors. Every new release from HT back then was just going downhill until Inart showed up.

With that said, I do think we should really try and look back at the source material to really see if these Ledger Jokers are indeed better. I think we have somewhat idealized what he looked like and give praise to a bit of improvement on the newest product we see. The hair is still voluminous and wrinkles overdone.

Maybe it’s a rush job since this is a convention exclusive, but the paint looks terrible. All those pores make his skin texture look really weird - especially on his nose.

The glass eyes and rooted hair help sell the whole thing, but the paint looks like the original Bank Robber Joker from back in the day.
I do agree with you on the paint. Something HT has struggled with on pretty much all their Jokers (including the recent Phoenix one) where the "make up" doesn't really look like make up on their headsculpts

I will say, some look to have more volume in the hair than others. In this pic, the hair looks to be thinner/flatter vs some others as well as having more of the green hint at the tips closer to the ends of the hair similar to the Jail/Interrogation look while other copies/pics it appears to be mostly brown.

6fd487f88cf1e3f7b142bc5a1ff58699.jpg

The way they messed up the face paint here ruins the figure for me. Sculpt and hair looks good tho but yeah

I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to most this or the the artisan Jack sparrow.

Very curious as to how they present the artisan line will it be numbered, heads in containers etc.

Glass eyes?

Back