Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pic

oh let it be blake, please please please.

Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pic

One person mentions Toy Fairs and then everyone pulls out their wish lists.

I hope it's something Iron Man, also maybe a Predator or two.

One person mentions Toy Fairs and then everyone pulls out their wish lists.

I hope it's something Iron Man, also maybe a Predator or two.

I hope its another POTC character. Hope its Shao Feng. He could certainly use HT's latest paint app and sculpt technique.

I could see the Toy Fair figure being Blake. Sort of makes sense to me. I think Gordon will be a regular release seeing as they already did the SWAT version as last year's Toy Fair figure. A Ra's would be great too.

I hope it's Blake. I'd love a Blake figure :p

I could see the Toy Fair figure being Blake. Sort of makes sense to me. I think Gordon will be a regular release seeing as they already did the SWAT version as last year's Toy Fair figure. A Ra's would be great too.

Blake would be a regular release i think. If they are confident and could release noland from predators as a regular release :lol

Talia would make more sense as an exclusive.

Blake would be a regular release i think. If they are confident and could release noland from predators as a regular release :lol

Talia would make more sense as an exclusive.
I dunno they did Gordon as an exclusive last year who I would think would be a good general release. Granted it was the SWAT version but they could have just made a regular Gordon if they had wanted.

Talia is someone I'm not even sure would even get a release. Unless they pair her with a Ra's which would be awesome.

I dunno they did Gordon as an exclusive last year who I would think would be a good general release. Granted it was the SWAT version but they could have just made a regular Gordon if they had wanted.

Talia is someone I'm not even sure would even get a release. Unless they pair her with a Ra's which would be awesome.

SWAT would be exclusive, Comm Gordon would be regular no doubt. It was their chance of selling variations of Gordon. Had they release a regular Gordon prior to the SWAT Gordon. I'm not sure if SWAT Gordon would do well at all. Its not even doing so well now at the secondary market.

some of the part-out pieces seem to have come down in price, but the black shirts with the gcpd on the collar are still listed at stupid prices on ebay.

: o p

I meant the full set.

It used to go for around $450-500 when it first came out. Now its $350 on ebay. And locally, its $240 - same price as what it originally cost during the HT event last year.

There's two figures I'd like to see Hot Toys do, then the Nolan Batman line can die for all I care.

Make Ra's (Neeson) with some decent gear/accessories and a regular Gordon (either Lt. from Begins and Dark Knight, or a Commissioner from Dark Knight), then call it quits. Maybe stick Gordon in with the Batsignal, include an axe and a swap out signal plate to have a Begins signal (new) and Dark Knight signal (smashed).

Those two gotta happen. They're the last things I want when it comes to this modern Batman movie line. My Begins shelf feels empty with just Batman, Demon Batman and Scarecrow.

I could see a Ninja Ra's being the Toy Fair Exclusive, followed by a regular Ra's release later.

Just like SWAT Gordon was the Toy Fair Exclusive, and is presumably being followed by a regular Gordon release this year at some point.

I meant the full set.

It used to go for around $450-500 when it first came out. Now its $350 on ebay. And locally, its $240 - same price as what it originally cost during the HT event last year.

It's selling above retail, so yes, it's doing very well in the secondary market.

The initial spike you're pointing out ($450-500) is ALWAYS present for a new release, especially an exclusive. That's when demand is at its highest and supply is at its lowest.

Then there's usually a dip, closer to MSRP, at the widest point of release. Sometimes the dip continues for a bit, as a lot of collectors change their minds and sell their newly-acquired figures to get the "latest hot thing." And then the slow increase in price begins.

I believe we've already entered this last phase with SWAT Gordon, hence the prices being $100 above retail.

You can see this pattern in virtually every release (even Two-Face, though he took the longest to go through the "dip" cycle). For instance: Scarecrow/Bat-Demon initially sold for $500-600, then dipped to $320 for retail during the SSC release. A few months after that, it continued to dip, to around $267 for the pair. Now the price is increasing once again - something like $400 at this point now.

There's two figures I'd like to see Hot Toys do, then the Nolan Batman line can die for all I care.

Make Ra's (Neeson) with some decent gear/accessories and a regular Gordon (either Lt. from Begins and Dark Knight, or a Commissioner from Dark Knight), then call it quits. Maybe stick Gordon in with the Batsignal, include an axe and a swap out signal plate to have a Begins signal (new) and Dark Knight signal (smashed).

Those two gotta happen. They're the last things I want when it comes to this modern Batman movie line. My Begins shelf feels empty with just Batman, Demon Batman and Scarecrow.

You will buy a TDKR Bane and Blake for your Nolan Batman line, only then you have my permission to quit.

:lol

What's TDKR? What's a Blake?

Whatchoo smokin' Hydeous.

What's TDKR? What's a Blake?

Whatchoo smokin' Hydeous.

This:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113582

you were the thread starter...

you have a love-hate relationship with it...

You wanted it, even though you might not be aware of it now...

without you even realizing it, you are even promoting to "click and buy it now"...

Screenshot2013-03-03at12514AM_zps02cc9485.png

question is - Whatchoo smokin, difabio? :horror:panic:

Actually a mod came in and changed that to have the "buy it now" thing. I think it was Darklord Dave. :lol

Remember, I had Bane memes in there, like Barney Bane, Mister Clean Bane, etc. etc. as the spec pics originally.

Any time I made a mockery of the character in that thread, someone would rat me out and the mods would change the title. At one point the title read "Bane doll", till it was switched back.

Actually a mod came in and changed that to have the "buy it now" thing. I think it was Darklord Dave. :lol

Remember, I had Bane memes in there, like Barney Bane, Mister Clean Bane, etc. etc. as the spec pics originally.

Any time I made a mockery of the character in that thread, someone would rat me out and the mods would change the title. At one point the title read "Bane doll", till it was switched back.

I know :lol

I was just kiddin buddy :lol:1-1:

Yeah, I know.

Regardless of whether Bane or TDKR's is full suckage, I'm sure you agree we need a Ras, and a regular Gordon, and maybe some Ra's and Bruce in Ninja armor.

I have a shelf in mind with Batman, Gordon, Dent and the signal and I definitely need a Ras to put with the Begins suit Batman and Scarecrow.

Yeah, i totally agree. Hell, it wouldnt bother me at all if they decide to do a DX begins suit or another TDK suit except with a better cowl or head. And maybe a new material for the begins suit, as i dont want to have an oil leaking, melted suit in a few years time.

I agree with what you have listed, and also hope we get a 2.0 twoface and bank robber. Because i sold mine back when it was going for peanuts, and cant be bothered with paying premium for it now, especially with the quality of the 08-09 HT stuffs.

Yeah, i totally agree. Hell, it wouldnt bother me at all if they decide to do a DX begins suit or another TDK suit except with a better cowl or head.

Really? Another TDK suit? They've done 3 already. How about something new?

And maybe a new material for the begins suit, as i dont want to have an oil leaking, melted suit in a few years time.

None of the 3 different "Begins Suit" releases have had oil leaking or melting. You're getting confused with DX02.

I agree with what you have listed, and also hope we get a 2.0 twoface and bank robber.

Two-Face and BR Joker were pretty damn perfect. Certainly not in need of a re-do (unlike V1 Joker and MMS71). Let's see some new Batman stuff from Hot Toys, not pointless do-overs!

Back