1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The post-surgery arm was on the proto as well. There were photos of it way back.

The final version looks soft and some angles are not flattering, but overall it's a pretty solid set. You can tell though that it hardly received the care and attention of the DX13. I guess that's how it's going to be with T1. Considering Sideshow had offered two rewards points deals on this preorder, I don't imagine it's worthy enough of going the extra mile in their eyes.

Not great, but definitely nowhere near the frog face disaster. I'll take it until a better version comes along.

The new sculpted boots look much better and realistic than the Technoir's t 800. It's a shame that the back of the jacket and shirt has holes and blood. I was hoping to be able to turn the shirt around for the clean look.

So where would be the best place to get this now then I wonder? Timecent is great but his price is a bit too much for me on this one. Loontentoys will probably be another month away.

The new sculpted boots look much better and realistic than the Technoir's t 800. It's a shame that the back of the jacket and shirt has holes and blood. I was hoping to be able to turn the shirt around for the clean look.

Yeah that's the pity. You can put your own damage on clean clothes, you can't undamage them though. If it had to be just one set of clothes I'd have preferred them clean.

heres the full set of Plastic Enemies:

6a853733gw1ek52yptmmgj20vi1b9gxa.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52ymqwgcj20vi1b9gvt.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52yc1zxhj20vi1b910e.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52ydfm9cj20vi1b97iw.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52ym3c0aj20vi1b9nbz.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52yldhiyj20vi1b9wt5.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52yjlhtmj20vi1b9qic.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52ykjvt4j20vi1b9qgh.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52yhi5fxj21b90vijzv.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52yeqi0fj20vi1b9n9y.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52yiufgwj20vi1b94dy.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52yi5ullj20vi1b94cx.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52ygsgzdj20vi1b9tow.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52yg3v0zj20vi1b94bp.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52yffjoxj20vi1b916v.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52ycoh9yj20vi1b9qf1.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52yb9euyj20vi1b9tn9.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52ye1vmvj20vi1b9qef.jpg

6a853733gw1ek52yagl7sj20vi1b9tn7.jpg

I think some of you guys are being a little harsh on it. From prototype to final production, there's really been no crazy alterations. I for one got what I expected. I agree with Khev's yakuza comment, but looking back at the proto, you get that vibe there too. I'm thinking pushing the gargoyles up towards the forehead will fix that. There a few photos that look dead on Terminator.

Some minor add ons would have been nice,

- sculpted gauze wrap on the damaged forearm
- alt. damage on the legs, extra set of pants

But I think it's adequate. Not as good as the DX 13, but good enough as far as all the other Hot Toys Terminators go. I'd say it's better than 117, DX 10 and on par with Tech Noir 136 (though I think I still like that one more for the novelty of it).

Yep, pretty solid in those pics too with a few angles that it looks weaker in. I think part of the reason I'm not blown away by it is the fact that the DX13 was so epic. I know it will be more exciting once I get it in hand though.

Doesn't look like Arnold. Nose is too small, head is too round, chin is too short. Looks like a baby with the soft features HT has with their recent headsculpts. Too bad can't refund my PO. :(

Doesn't look like Arnold. Nose is too small, head is too round, chin is too short. Looks like a baby with the soft features HT has with their recent headsculpts. Too bad can't refund my PO. :(

Tp be fair Arnold did look very different between T1 and T2, his face was much fuller in T1. I am excited to get this figure as a compliment to the DX13.

I think the full BD face looks better than the DX13. The blood and the damage looks more realistic or accurate to the source material, but I can see why some people might prefer the dx13.

I still think MMS 136 beats it, but I'm happy with how it has turned out. One thing that is jumping out to me more and more though is the fact that he does't seem quite bulky enough. Not sure if the paperclip trick might help there or not. Maybe if the jacket fit a bit tighter it would better highlight his size?

I still think MMS 136 beats it, but I'm happy with how it has turned out. One thing that is jumping out to me more and more though is the fact that he does't seem quite bulky enough. Not sure if the paperclip trick might help there or not. Maybe if the jacket fit a bit tighter it would better highlight his size?

Yeah, the pics where the collar is tighter around the chest and neck area look much better than when they're not. Judging by the pics, I don't think we'll need a paper clip, futzing ought to do the job.

I think some of you guys are being a little harsh on it. From prototype to final production, there's really been no crazy alterations. I for one got what I expected. I agree with Khev's yakuza comment, but looking back at the proto, you get that vibe there too. I'm thinking pushing the gargoyles up towards the forehead will fix that. There a few photos that look dead on Terminator.

Some minor add ons would have been nice,

- sculpted gauze wrap on the damaged forearm
- alt. damage on the legs, extra set of pants

But I think it's adequate. Not as good as the DX 13, but good enough as far as all the other Hot Toys Terminators go. I'd say it's better than 117, DX 10 and on par with Tech Noir 136 (though I think I still like that one more for the novelty of it).

I think part of it is - we've been doing customs and kitbashes of this for ages now, that sorta nullifies any potential novelty factor in owning this look....and it doesn't blow those kitbashes away quite as much as it should.

And yeah, the sculpts, although naturally far better than something you'd get 10 years ago, just don't nail it. Yulli is so damn erratic with her Arnie sculpts. She seems to completely alter the shape of the head from one figure to the next, and if it's not wrong from one angle it's wrong from the other. I can't really say it definitively till I have it in hand but this one looks to be no exception. The hair, for sure, and as usual, is too round and neat.

Last edited:
Back