1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not stalking you threadwise, but my thoughts exactly.
Hopefully Murphy does still take his time and there´s a month in between.
It sure would help...

It's un****ingbelievable. This never happens with HT anymore. I thought this would be next year if anything, not before Robocop even. I was always gonna be spending a big chunk of change on this but I thought I'd have way more time to get the money together in advance. Now, unless I use those other savings I've got, which I really won't feel comfortable doing, I'm back to playing catch-up on the credit card.

What are your thoughts on the sculpt, yay or nay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I don't think they changed anything from the prototype did they? So what was off on that is off on this. It still looks very round. Not the best to be honest, I'll have a more detailed critique when I have it in hand no doubt.

I'm not nearly as happy about this being released now as I should be. Have money saved but I wasn't planning to use that on toys. I was intending to create a separate saving fund for this. Now it and Robocop are coming out at the same time? FS.

That said, already ordered my 2 from Timcent :slap Credit card debt here we come again unless I actually use that money that I'd saved.

How much from timcent mate?

How much from timcent mate?

I paid $338 for each of the two I ordered. Shipping included in that as usual. I'm gonna tell him to mark whatever value he wants. Last time I thought I was clever asking him to mark ED-209 higher than he normally does because otherwise, with the size of the package, it might seem suspicious to customs - I was wrong and got charged a fee by them. So he can mark these at 30$ each if wants.

Colour me disappointed. Still a good set though..

I like this pic by Jingo - really sells the 'A' head:

10641110_557966890995676_5016609673531833200_n.jpg

I definitely think Plastic and Jingo's pics are the best so far. I like OMG but it definitely wouldn't of sold me. head sculpt I will have to judge in person. It does look a bit huge but I still think it's a pretty great likeness.

Here's a quick video posted by Anthony. Looks good! I really dig the box. It's definitely something different.

No real surprises here. Only changes I can see are the pants color and inclusion of the post-surgery forearm, both of which are welcome changes. Curious to see how the shirt looks backwards. The less damaged face still misses the mark to my eyes, so I'll probably shoot for using the 136 sculpt if it doesn't look too small on this body. Box is pretty great.

No real surprises here. Only changes I can see are the pants color and inclusion of the post-surgery forearm, both of which are welcome changes. Curious to see how the shirt looks backwards. The less damaged face still misses the mark to my eyes, so I'll probably shoot for using the 136 sculpt if it doesn't look too small on this body. Box is pretty great.

Surgery forearm isn't really much of a bonus considering it should be bandaged-up. Zero points there.

Overall it looks great... love the paint work on the BD head, outfit looks very good and I'm glad the boots seem to have been revised from the clown shoes the Tech Noir figure had.

Only thing I'm not feeling is the regular sculpt did soften a bit too much in production, I do prefer how the proto looked.

Andreally I'm not happy about the undamaged eye placement on the heavily damaged head. In the proto it was more centered and wild looking, almost like he was in shock or in full scan mod. Now it's more through the lid and giving his gaze a bit of a soft focus, like he's actually looking at something. It's a little thing, but when I saw the proto it looked exactly how I imagined it should be and now not so much :monkey2

Proto
PD1392614847Cbd.jpg

Production
1486903_766862626685401_6630858031621127805_n.jpg

You sure it just isn't the pics galactiboy? He looks better here:

10394611_557966010995764_6510865509181268900_n.jpg

And pretty wicked here:

10644821_557966937662338_4890063592388943228_n.jpg

That pic has been filterized and shopped.

Look at OMGs pics to have a feel of what it is in hand. The lips paint in particular is too soft and plastic like in the mass production piece compared to the proto

It does look better in Jingo Bells pics... but the eye is definitely place in more neutral position versus the wild position of the original proto.

I can't find a really good film image, but this ones close (although looking a touch downward):

images

Again, overall the figure looks really badass... just a bit let down by this small thing :lol

Surgery forearm isn't really much of a bonus considering it should be bandaged-up. Zero points there.
Zero points for your post. Good day, sir!

Should not have rushed it out. You can tell.
It just looks like a typical HT release nowadays to me. Pretty much the prototype, plus a couple of small improvements, and the paint work is a bit "softer" than the proto.

Not too bad at all. And after reordering for triple rewards in July he seems like a real bargain. The only issue is October is suddenly getting very crowded with this, Armory and Robocop. At least I've paid off most of the armory already.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Maybe it could be worse finance-wise. I think my savings are safe. I just won't be able to add to them for a while. None of you need to know this. I'm just typing out loud.

Back