1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have to get this in hand, before I can make my mind up. The more Battle damaged sculpt looks the better one. If all else fails I pose him with his back facing me.
I might have him in hand by next week, just got my shipping notice for this guy:yess:

Done trolling for now, that said, it is great that we get this release and I will buy, but it is a bit off and I can't quite put my finger on it

Someone probably will say what you said and mean it though. Only a matter of time.

If memory serves you're the guy who made that cool chain-fence as a backdrop for your DX10?

Someone probably will say what you said and mean it though. Only a matter of time.

If memory serves you're the guy who made that cool chain-fence as a backdrop for your DX10?
yes that was me...I'm sure some one will run with that idea, and good for them off they can make it happen, but until then it's all just a pipe dream and we can continue to love and hate our hot toys simultaneously!

Kind of a bummer that they didn't go out with a huge bang with their last 1/6 Ahnuld Terminator. Oh well, atleast it wasn't a whimper.

Now bring on T3 "stripper" and T5 "old timer" figures!

The sculpts definitely seem to be a step down from the prototypes. I'm glad I used reward points on this.

Yeah, the prototype was nice and pale. He looked really sick looking.

It's just odd we never saw him at any of the cons the last few months and he seems to release out of nowhere. I wonder why they didn't bring him out to any of the events?

I just read a few comments now and must say that I really like it.

Sure thing, for completionists like A-Dev he´s kinda "ruined", but I bet the bloodstains can be removed, dunno how, never done it.

For me...it looks great.
It got the 2 looks I miss. PS is epic, will totally set the first up in rather "shoot around + shotgun", where he´s in the big office and the one guy shoots im with the colt python (guess that´s it) and Arnie get´s hit 2, or 3 times.
Either that way, but with the arm a far mor to the left:

1c59b75390d65386dbdd3118cf1e896a.jpg

or that way:

600px-TERMSE_SIDEA-53.jpg

With that said: Still miss the squinting sculpt, or where he looks like that "Oh no, you didn´t"
:lol

The full BD... I really think about effin up the figure a bit, since I´ll keep one FULL BD, so a more ****** jacket, pants´n stuff is a must.
Funny thing is that I search for a pic of a scene where he´s shown ****** up and I find this...by P:

wounds_movielegs.jpg~original.jpg

Upper body is mostly done, rest can be done out of BR stills, like in pause, but for the rest, these pics are the best reference I guess.
:rock

With that said: Can´t wait:
:yess:

EDIT:
Why the hell does the board always now send me to the guest-viewing-of-a-thread-version when I gave an answer?
This just started to happen!
Anyone else got this??!?

Ok so here's my take on this release

Pros
Finally a Police shoot out:yess:
alt head
great outfit
great accessories
great base

Cons
too short
too small of a body
heads to big
No extra outfit pieces to create fully BD or clean look(I'll be back look)

Likeness is ok, not great and not bad

I would say the technoir is better in every way, also that the dx13 blows this away which is a shame, not to say the figure is bad, its actually pretty good and the best version of the police shoot out available. The problem is there is no wow factor here, its everything we wanted but just not as I imagined it to be, that may just come down to my expectations, set high by the dx13. I still want this and will get 2 for sure, but cons really annoy me, that bobble head on a body developed to showcase the t2 size of Arnold makes for a less than intimidating look, he was huge in T1, technoir captured that, this does not.

soo is this out already? if it is does anyone know when ssc will start shipping? I used flexpay for 2 payments because it said it wasnt out till next month. But if its ready to ship Ill pay now. I just bought the movie a few days ago and it was the first time watching all of it. So i cant wait!

Pros
alt head
great outfit
great accessories
great base

Cons
too short
too small of a body
heads to big

I would say the technoir is better in every way, also that the dx13 blows this away which is a shame, not to say the figure is bad, its actually pretty good and the best version of the police shoot out available. The problem is there is no wow factor here, its everything we wanted but just not as I imagined it to be, that may just come down to my expectations, set high by the dx13. I still want this and will get 2 for sure, but cons really annoy me, that bobble head on a body developed to showcase the t2 size of Arnold makes for a less than intimidating look, he was huge in T1, technoir captured that, this does not.

Down to essentials, great post.

Body´s a little too small, yes.
Exchange for a 136 body?
Would it fit?

Pros
alt head
great outfit
great accessories
great base

Cons
too short
too small of a body
heads to big

Agreed on all points at this moment in time. I'll possibly be adding a few more cons when I get it in hand.

Excited to be getting a new Terminator figure but disappointed in major aspects of it at the same time.

soo is this out already? if it is does anyone know when ssc will start shipping? I used flexpay for 2 payments because it said it wasnt out till next month. But if its ready to ship Ill pay now. I just bought the movie a few days ago and it was the first time watching all of it. So i cant wait!

Its out in Hong Kong. I would guess SSC would be early October?

Its out in Hong Kong. I would guess SSC would be early October?

Well I just chatted with sideshow, and i wasn't able to pay in full because they cant until they have the unit. So she said they start processing on the 11th of sept. So she said to call then.

Down to essentials, great post.

Body´s a little too small, yes.
Exchange for a 136 body?
Would it fit?

Likely no, if the dx10 or 13 are any clue, at least not without mods. Shouldn't have to swap a body on a brand new figure ether, hot toys have let me down on this one.

Agreed on all points at this moment in time. I'll possibly be adding a few more cons when I get it in hand.

Excited to be getting a new Terminator figure but disappointed in major aspects of it at the same time.

Same, looking forward to a new release but I'm not overly trilled with what I seen so far.

You took the words right out of my mouth Pete :lol Good post buddy.

:hi5:

Well I just chatted with sideshow, and i wasn't able to pay in full because they cant until they have the unit. So she said they start processing on the 11th of sept. So she said to call then.

Not likely, sideshow usually sends at least a 2 week notice before charging, so maybe October. I haven't got anything yet( just checked) anyone on flex get a e-mail?

It's hit ebay. I asked a seller if he'd kindly include pics of the shirts back in his parted out shirt auction. We'll see.

Man, armory, Terminator and possibly Robocop back to back to back. I haven't bought a Hot Toys figure in awhile, now I'm gonna get raped. When it rains, it pours.

buying a bunch of incredible toys with investment potential... we must have different definitions of "raped".

Back