1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope they forgot put in the long ankle pegs, because if its the boots that take the peg to deep that's going to suck:panic:

He looks like Diet terminator, why is T2 T-800 bigger than T1 T-800, it should be the other way around:slap

T1T800BD172_zpsefdf8edf.jpg~original

I kinda feel like HT just pushed this guy through to clear the queue so that they can get back to making Iron Men. No pics at all of the recent cons, releasing it AHEAD of schedule. It just feels like they just want to be over and done with it and it shows. The proto was alright but nothing special but the release version looks a little bit worse then the proto.

It was like the people who were working the DX-13 were really big fans and really but their heart and soul into it but this was just get it out quick.

I'm excited to finally get my Police shoot out Terminator. I always held out hope for years while everybody went ahead with the custom route but it's so underwhelming especially when compared to the excellent DX-13 release.

This is such a grail figure for me and it's just so average at best.

Sadly I am not 100% on this release so I cancelled. As I have the original I might just kit bash things like the glasses jacket vest and guns

....not to say the figure is bad, its actually pretty good and the best version of the police shoot out available. The problem is there is no wow factor here, its everything we wanted but just not as I imagined it to be,

That’s because T2 is the iconic version of Terminator. I agree, everything is here but it just doesn’t WOW me like DX13 or even DX10 (glasses on) does.

Yeah I need this fig in hand so I can stand him up against the DX13. Don't you shrink as you get older too. :dunno

I don't think he was old enough to actually shrink from t1 to t2 in terms of height, but he did drop at least 40 pounds of muscle from the first film to the second.

I kinda feel like HT just pushed this guy through to clear the queue so that they can get back to making Iron Men. No pics at all of the recent cons, releasing it AHEAD of schedule. It just feels like they just want to be over and done with it and it shows. The proto was alright but nothing special but the release version looks a little bit worse then the proto.

It was like the people who were working the DX-13 were really big fans and really but their heart and soul into it but this was just get it out quick.

I'm excited to finally get my Police shoot out Terminator. I always held out hope for years while everybody went ahead with the custom route but it's so underwhelming especially when compared to the excellent DX-13 release.

This is such a grail figure for me and it's just so average at best.

Well said and sadly it shows, Not happy to complain about this figure, I'd rather be praising it, but its just not as good as it could have been. The biggest issue is there's not much chance at another shot, this was it, one of the coolest looks and most iconic has just been pushed out the door as a rush job:ohbfrank:

Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale...

Ok so here's my take on this release

Pros
Finally a Police shoot out:yess:
alt head
great outfit
great accessories
great base

Cons
too short
too small of a body
heads to big
No extra outfit pieces to create fully BD or clean look(I'll be back look)

Likeness is ok, not great and not bad

I would say the technoir is better in every way, also that the dx13 blows this away which is a shame, not to say the figure is bad, its actually pretty good and the best version of the police shoot out available. The problem is there is no wow factor here, its everything we wanted but just not as I imagined it to be, that may just come down to my expectations, set high by the dx13. I still want this and will get 2 for sure, but cons really annoy me, that bobble head on a body developed to showcase the t2 size of Arnold makes for a less than intimidating look, he was huge in T1, technoir captured that, this does not.

Great post Pete. I have to agree with you on all pros and cons. I essentially can't expect all of the time to get a "perfect figure" nothing will be perfect there will always be pros and cons. I will say the DX13 was such a high and mighty piece that it blows all away including this one for sure. But overall for a MMS Release it's solid. I think Hot Toys nailed what they could. We all do wish they went a step beyond and added a clean shirt and fixed head issue. Definitely a bobble head and for the body to be bigger. We can't always get what we want sadly. Again I'll keep my final judgement until I get this in hands.

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale...

Body seems to have a strange almost feminine curve to it. Big thighs, pants get tweak around the crotch. Then this tiny waist and protruding chest. It looks awkward on him. I hope its a matter of futzing. Drives me nuts when people will spend $200-$300 on a figure and then leave it disshelved from the box.

What makes you think it's their last? :lol

Iron Man, Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, Star Wars

There will be an Endo or a 1/4, sure, buy I doubt we see another T1 or T2 Arnold in 1/6 form. Hot toys' heart doesn't seem to be in it and they've made every version possible (Tech Noir, Police Shootout, Tanker damaged, Galleria, Cyberdyne, Steel Mill).

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale...

That’s because T2 is the iconic version of Terminator. I agree, everything is here but it just doesn’t WOW me like DX13 or even DX10 (glasses on) does.

Which one that is most iconic is debatable, but yeah, this figure lacks that it factor, that badass evil T800 beast that would put his fist though your chest for your clothes:panic::lol

Great post Pete. I have to agree with you on all pros and cons. I essentially can't expect all of the time to get a "perfect figure" nothing will be perfect there will always be pros and cons. I will say the DX13 was such a high and mighty piece that it blows all away including this one for sure. But overall for a MMS Release it's solid. I think Hot Toys nailed what they could. We all do wish they went a step beyond and added a clean shirt and fixed head issue. Definitely a bobble head and for the body to be bigger. We can't always get what we want sadly. Again I'll keep my final judgement until I get this in hands.

Your right to wait to have it in hand to make a final call on it, I'm getting it ether way as bad as that sounds as it reinforces hot toys bad choices on this release. You know they were like just put it on the TTM20 we already have and cash in, There right to think that way to as they know there's no other way to get a high end Police shoot-out figure, you ether buy this or go kick rocks:lol

But if they would have went one step further and simply added the MMS136 chest piece it would have helped add some of the needed bulk to better represent his size in that movie

T1
th

th

Terminator1-arrival.jpg

T2
article8_4.jpg

Which one that is most iconic is debatable, but yeah, this figure lacks that it factor, that badass evil T800 beast that would put his fist though your chest for your clothes:panic::lol

Your right to wait to have it in hand to make a final call on it, I'm getting it ether way as bad as that sounds as it reinforces hot toys bad choices on this release. You know they were like just put it on the TTM20 we already have and cash in, There right to think that way to as they know there's no other way to get a high end Police shoot-out figure, you ether buy this or go kick rocks:lol

But if they would have went one step further and simply added the MMS136 chest piece it would have helped add some of the needed bulk to better represent his size in that movie

T1
th

th

Terminator1-arrival.jpg

T2
article8_4.jpg

Sadly Hot Toys only thinks of the easy way out. It's a once in a while chance they go the extra mile. I do agree if they added some bulk in the front it would of made a HUGE difference. Arnold was built in T1. This figure should of had what the Tech Noir figure offered. Like I've stated you either accept it or you don't. I for one can't wait to get this in. I've been buying too much Marvel and need a small break from it. So this will be a nice change.

Where is P. today of all days? He's actually gonna fit right in with the general mood towards this figure.

There will be many lines a circles to examine, that's for sure:lol

Sadly Hot Toys only thinks of the easy way out. It's a once in a while chance they go the extra mile. I do agree if they added some bulk in the front it would of made a HUGE difference. Arnold was built in T1. This figure should of had what the Tech Noir figure offered. Like I've stated you either accept it or you don't. I for one can't wait to get this in. I've been buying too much Marvel and need a small break from it. So this will be a nice change.

We have similar collecting habits, I was thinking the same thing. I currently have the Mark 42 and the iron patriot coming this week, I need a break from marvel myself:monkey3

I will say the box looks fantastic for this though:clap I'm still looking forward to checking this one out for myself, I was going to order early, but now I think I will wait for the US batch, maybe they will throw in long ankle pegs as a revision.

We have similar collecting habits, I was thinking the same thing. I currently have the Mark 42 and the iron patriot coming this week, I need a break from marvel myself:monkey3

I will say the box looks fantastic for this though:clap I'm still looking forward to checking this one out for myself, I was going to order early, but now I think I will wait for the US batch, maybe they will throw in long ankle pegs as a revision.

Well Mark 42 will be in Wednesday. I'm buying a TFA Cap from a fellow member "Which I regret not picking up yours when you were selling it" and Star Spangle Cap will be coming in. I got an awesome deal on him. Than I will pick up the new Black Widow. That will be it until T-800 comes.

Just wait for the US release buddy :wink1:

I just hope they forgot put in the long ankle pegs, because if its the boots that take the peg to deep that's going to suck:panic:

He looks like Diet terminator, why is T2 T-800 bigger than T1 T-800, it should be the other way around:slap

T1T800BD172_zpsefdf8edf.jpg~original

Definitely looks shorter, but he looks beefier to me than T2. From the chest to the thighs.

I think if this had come out 3 or 4 years ago, I'd have been a lot less demanding.

Hot off the trails of the DX 13 though, it's easier to be disappointed.

Back