1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this looks amazing. The best head sculpt aside from dx13 IMHO.

SK9zHnp.gif

I think the main feature that is wrong with the head sculpt is the jawline.
If the jaw was broader, longer than this would be so much better.

And the head sculpt is at least better than the DX10 and MMS117.
I take back that it is second to only DX13...if the jawline was better it would be right there but without that I'd say it is inferior to the mms136 as well.
But I can live with it... Doesn't look way out to left field.

Not tall enough:(

[ig]https://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb388/ONESIXOMG/Hottoys/T1%20T800%20BD/T1T800BD172_zpsefdf8edf.jpg~original[/img]

Maybe it's got the short footpegs in. That would account for the illusion of extra bulk as well. I did it to my DX13, and it creates the illusion of a little more bulk. Makes him seem not so slim.

Maybe it's got the short footpegs in. That would account for the illusion of extra bulk as well. I did it to my DX13, and it creates the illusion of a little more bulk. Makes him seem not so slim.

I hope its as simple as they forgot to put in the long ankle pegs, then maybe the US batch could be easily fixed with hot toys adding them to the figure, if not we can add our own. My concern is that the new boots may take the peg to deep reducing height, that topped with maybe the head sitting lower on the neck could prove to be a more difficult fix:panic:

The figure is the same one found on page one of this thread with the usual lesser paint application and slightly softer features. Now everyone has a problem with it, funny. Why PO then?

Sure some figures turn out as good or better than the proto, but that is not always the case, especially lately.

If you live in the right place and were paying attention, this figure could be had for $209 with the $20 coupon (and triple rewards on top of that), making it a very solid deal. Even at the suggested retail it isn't a bad deal these days.

After seeing these new pics, I am really considering cancelling my PO. Am I the only one? I think the the pics that were on Sideshow before were much better. Cancelled! The best way I can show my displeasure is with my wallet.

I have this on order from sideshow, but just found out I'll be in Hong Kong at the end of November. Does any one know how long after release secret base usually has stock of items? I'm trying to decide if I should cancel and pick up while there.

Im very disappointed, all pics before looks world better. :-(

The sculpt ist far too soft, it looks a little bit like the DX10.

Further they squeeze the sculpt more then the proto.

Without disagreeing with some of the more common complaints here (which as someone else pointed out, aren't really a surprise--this is a faithful reproduction of the prototype minus the crummier paintwork), lest we forget the real strengths of this figure, that give us something previous kitbashes couldn't:

T1T800BD152_zps0b54b006.jpg~original

T1T800BD158_zpsf1615841.jpg~original

Yeah, makes you wonder why they didn't heavily base this sculpt off of the DX13 mold. Arnold's head shape hasn't changed, just the detail on his face.
I'm not the biggest detractor of this figure but I will say that the DX13 is one of the best Hot Toys figures and likeness ever, let alone being the best Arnold figure.
My favorite figure along with QS001. Very proud to own him.
If you are a Terminator fan, Arnold fan or a fan of great collectible you have to have the DX13.

So why mess with perfection?
Not sure the exact process of making figures, so maybe they had to start from scratch.
Ah well

Back