1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, makes you wonder why they didn't heavily base this sculpt off of the DX13 mold. Arnold's head shape hasn't changed, just the detail on his face.
I'm not the biggest detractor of this figure but I will say that the DX13 is one of the best Hot Toys figures and likeness ever, let alone being the best Arnold figure.
My favorite figure along with QS001. Very proud to own him.
If you are a Terminator fan, Arnold fan or a fan of great collectible you have to have the DX13.

So why mess with perfection?
Not sure the exact process of making figures, so maybe they had to start from scratch.
Ah well

The only thing is Ah-nuld's face was much more full in T1 as compared to T2. He was at his heaviest in T1 at 240 pounds, he was down to 205 in T2.

His face does look very different from T1 to T2 in my opinion. Wrinkles, hairline, and most importantly the thinner face would make modding difficult. Considering how much would be changed, it is probably easier to sculpt something new when trying to get a look from that era. Now, if they wanted to follow a-dev's suggestion and mod the really good MMS 136 sculpt, I would not have complained.

His face does look very different from T1 to T2 in my opinion. Wrinkles, hairline, and most importantly the thinner face would make modding difficult. Considering how much would be changed, it is probably easier to sculpt something new when trying to get a look from that era. Now, if they wanted to follow a-dev's suggestion and mod the really good MMS 136 sculpt, I would not have complained.

Yeah, Arnold was already 40 in 1987's Predator, but you don't start to really see his age until T2 in 1991.

I think this figure looks fantastic! $230 for 2 head sculpts with light up features and diorama base seem like a bargain at this stage in the game.

Just walked past my T1Tech Noir and T2 DX13 in my display at home and it appears the T1 Tech noir is a slightly shorter figure than the DX13. Maybe HT have made this the exact same height as the T1Tech Noir? I'll look forward to some comparison pics between the 2 different T1 figures when someone takes them.

Arnie looked quite different in this film, especially by the end with sans eyebrows and singed fringe. He looked odd. A monster. This figure captures that perfectly IMO. This figure is going to look epic in hand.

any of you guys order from loonten toys on ebay? usually get my figures from timcent but I think he's sold out now at the min.

I ordered a spare DX13 body and boots from them. Very impressed. Shipping took a week to the US with tracking and item was well packed. Would order from them again. :)

Maybe HT have made this the exact same height as the T1Tech Noir? I'll look forward to some comparison pics between the 2 different T1 figures when someone takes them.
Interesting idea. Of course, it makes more sense to pose him with the 136, so maybe that was the case. Considering I don't have any T2 figures, this works to my advantage anyway.

.........ehh??

My ranking thus far (subject to change when in hand):

1. DX13
2. MMS136
3. MMS238
3. DX10
24,371. MMS117

It's a tie with the DX10 right now because of the mixed strengths and weaknesses of the sculpts.

My ranking thus far (subject to change when in hand):

1. DX13
2. MMS136
3. MMS238
3. DX10
24,371. MMS117

It's a tie with the DX10 right now because of the mixed strengths and weaknesses of the sculpts.

So it is very far from being the worst head sculpt hahaha

I wish I could get the mms136 for a decent price

I just got one on Yahoo auctions for $143 + shipping and fees and stuff. If you don't know someone in Japan you need to use a proxy service. If you're in the US I recommend Shopping Mall Japan, they charge in USD and is probably the best option for anyone living in the states, perhaps not so ideal for someone who want to pay using other currency than USD.

The total for everything including shipping was $218 so it's a viable option even with the fees as compared to buying on Ebay.

Back